• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
28 friends on my Steam list already own Borderlands 2. I think that's a new record for a game that isn't even out yet.

Top of the page: I'm dancing.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BL2 NeoGAF Steam Group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BL2GAF
Join the chat!!

I know some of you guys use my Mumble from back in the DayZ release days, but for those that don't know. I have an open mumble for GAF. I've set up 4 groups for people who just want to talk with their buds and no one else. I can set up more groups if necessary. Just P.M. if there are not enough rooms.

Mumble info can be found if you quote this post.

Mumble Info

KK, fuck GMG. I'm going to be leaving negative reviews for their shit hole everywhere I can. Just caved in and got a steam key from amazon.com.

Megasoum

Banned
Why do people wait until 1h before release to try to pre-order a game on the website that has a big promotion?

I pre-ordered the game weeks ago and got my key like everybody else this week-end...

injurai

Banned
Looks like I won't be getting this game... seeing as the pre-order bonues ends in 15 minutes and I don't want to pay $59 + another 10 bucks. GMG needs to ramp up there servers for big launches. :(

Woo-Fu

Banned
Looks like I won't be getting this game... seeing as the pre-order bonues ends in 15 minutes and I don't want to pay $59 + another 10 bucks. GMG needs to ramp up there servers for big launches. :(

If GMG ramps up their infrastructure you probably won't see as many good deals, right? The money has to come from somewhere. I didn't buy from GMG and I'm not defending them.

Why do people wait until 1h before release to try to pre-order a game on the website that has a big promotion?

I pre-ordered the game weeks ago and got my key like everybody else this week-end...

Personally I've got the 360 version coming from Amazon tomorrow, but decided to jump on the PC hype train at last minute.

Train is about to be derailed though. Will probably just watch some twitch streams and go to bed.

Hawk269

+1

I pre-ordered about 4 days ago and got my key immediately, then proceded to do the pre-load. Not sure why people wait till the last minute and then bitch because the site is being hammered.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I still think its stupid that did an order with the official HP and still no keys or anything yet. Which means no pre-load.

Hawk269

I've never done one of these steam unlocks before. Is it instantaneous, or can there be a delay?

I'm fully preloaded.

/high five

Last game that did this, it basically updates because right now it says not released. But it should just unlock and then you should be able to hit play and it will do it's installation thing.

It's Valve time!

gaben-o.gif

Woo-Fu

Banned
The point is they are up for a very short portion of the fiscal year. Tons of websites increase their server count during events and such.

AND THEY DO NOT DO IT FOR FREE WHICH WAS MY ORIGINAL POINT.

I don't see what is so hard to understand about that?

I assume you believe GMG would make more money if they did this. I assume they don't.

The simple fact of the matter is you can't predict that load.
Another simple fact of the matter is that it might not be server capacity that is the issue.
Another simple fact of the matter is that the best practice in terms of actually making a profit is building out for median load, not peak load.

Steam gets overloaded too, I suppose Valve should roll out free magic cloud servers now and then.

kewlmyc

Can't wait. Too back I have work tomorrow though. Sucks for the people who waited till the last minute though.

Also, if you never got an email from GMG, then just check your account on there under the keys section. It's usually always there. Sometimes the email just never gets sent.

injurai

Banned
I feel so left out...

AND THEY DO NOT DO IT FOR FREE WHICH WAS MY ORIGINAL POINT.

I don't see what is so hard to understand about that?

I assume you believe GMG would make more money if they did this. I assume they don't.

Caps is cruise control for cool. It seems to be you who isn't understanding. GMG does not lose that much money over a temporary server ramp up. But the point is that they create desirable service that isn't frustrating. Thus bringing people back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom