• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Zornica

Banned
Suposedly new deal with NIS America was gonna allow Atlus games to arrieve to Europe much faster. The reality is very different.

I think they are holding it back on purpose though. If they released smt4 in 2013, It would've gotten raped by pokemon, zelda and bd. Furthermore it may had cannibalized the sales of soul hackers. It was probably in there best (business) interest to move it to 2014. Also there aren't that many games announced for 2014 yet, so I am glad to have at least smt4 to look forward to.

Kater

Banned
I think they are holding it back on purpose though. If they released smt4 in 2013, It would've gotten raped by pokemon, zelda and bd. Furthermore it may had cannibalized the sales of soul hackers. It was probably in there best (business) interest to move it to 2014. Also there aren't that many games announced for 2014 yet, so I am glad to have at least smt4 to look forward to.
I never considered that. Yeah, Soul Hackers came just out so it would be too early to release SMTIV in Q4 as well. You could be onto something here.

Zornica

Banned
btw... is there any way to tell if someone deleted you from his friend list? I'd like to make some room but I don't want to delete someone who's still active by accident...

btw... is there any way to tell if someone deleted you from his friend list? I'd like to make some room but I don't want to delete someone who's still active by accident...

Noooope, ever since Swapnote/Nintendo Letter Box was shut down you are fecking out of luck now.

ss-hikaru

You can get the OST from either Amazon JP or Play-Asia. There's more but those two are the common place to get it. If it's the artbook, can grab it from Amazon JP too. :p

I got mine from Amazon.jp but the shipping is ex. You can also get it from CDJapan if you want a range of shipping options (you can also get the full artbook from there too).

Buy the game, and then buy the actual full OST and the proper 255 pages artbook on the side.

I believe the OST is about 3000 yen or something. Same for the Artbook.

Definitely recommend this as the way to go. That way you'll get the best of everything :)

Kater

Banned
Not revealing enough.
2bWT9HA.png
(How did I miss that post? :D)
Is that job/costume in the western version as well?
That's alot of skin that he's showing.
Damn. ;p

I got mine from Amazon.jp but the shipping is ex. You can also get it from CDJapan if you want a range of shipping options (you can also get the full artbook from there too).

Definitely recommend this as the way to go. That way you'll get the best of everything :)

I'm not sure if I'm lucky or not but a few OST (Fire Emblem OST & Drama CD, Pokémon XY) that I bought from Amazon jp got past HMRC w/o getting taxed & thus cheaper in total.

I thought the friend cards were automatically deleted... That's weird...

How did this sneak up on me? I feel like I only just signed the localization petition...I blame Pokemon.

I see there's a friend list. What functionality does this provide in-game? Summon friends as allies?

ss-hikaru

3 copies of the EUR CE & pre-order artbook (local pickup).

1 copy of BDFtS and 1 copy of Famitsū #1305 for the Foxbite dagger DLC + express shipping from Asia.

1 copy of Dengeki Nintendo for the Donnerschutz shield DLC, 1 copy of V Jump for the Shōri no Tachi katana DLC, 1 more copy of BDFtS, 1 copy of the Drama CD & pre-order bonus Cast Talk CD-E, 1 copy of the artbook, 1 copy of each BD novel volume, 1 copy of the game guide, 1 more copy of the Drama CD & pre-order bonus Cast Talk CD-A & pre-order bonus sticker + express shipping from Japan.

Tch, making me jealous with that list XD I'm kinda thinking of picking up the drama CD and novels too now, but CDJ is saying the drama CD is just a retelling of the story but CDJ also tends to have inaccurate descriptions... Does the drama CD come with the extra tracks for FtS? What do the novels cover? I guess I'm not really interested if they are just retellings of the story in the game.

I'm not sure if I'm lucky or not but a few OST (Fire Emblem OST & Drama CD, Pokémon XY) that I bought from Amazon jp got past HMRC w/o getting taxed & thus cheaper in total.

Oh yeah I forget that some countries slap on tax/duty on imports ;_;

How did this sneak up on me? I feel like I only just signed the localization petition...I blame Pokemon.

I see there's a friend list. What functionality does this provide in-game? Summon friends as allies?

Summon friends to do specific attacks that they set. And also use any skills they have set on the character, which is useful if they're further in the game than you.

Tch, making me jealous with that list XD I'm kinda thinking of picking up the drama CD and novels too now, but CDJ is saying the drama CD is just a retelling of the story but CDJ also tends to have inaccurate descriptions... Does the drama CD come with the extra tracks for FtS? What do the novels cover? I guess I'm not really interested if they are just retellings of the story in the game.

Neither is a retelling. They're their own thing. The Pocketbook of R focuses on events after the game plot. And the Drama CD seems to be a side story fitting in BDFF's timeframe.

kiryogi

Banned
My JP For the Sequel order is preparing to ship. Hooray. Although I know it won't actually ship until Thursday morning my time, it'll arrive Friday morning. Hope you guys who got it early enjoy it. Make sure to friend other people who are playing; that'll really benefit you.

Hrm are we friends or at least on my JP 3DS? :O I heard the BDFTS is multilingual, so I'm prob gonna pick it up digital this week on eshop.

Neither is a retelling. They're their own thing. The Pocketbook of R focuses on events after the game plot. And the Drama CD seems to be a side story fitting in BDFF's timeframe.

Lord Ghirahim you wanna make the spoiler thread for the game, as it seems you are the most appropriate to make it ;P

zroid

Banned
You guys get BD; we get Ys. Fair compromise.

If I keep telling myself that, eventually it'll be true

ss-hikaru

Thanks! Hmm there are already two Pocketbook of R novels out, I wonder how many there will be in total.

Dorj

Banned
I think they said they'd be in the game too. Shouldn't the EUR reviewers know now? I wonder why we haven't heard any specifics.

Maybe they don't know what was dlc once.

I just hope we westerners will be able to obtain this one somehow:

sVM8rKI.png

Probably my favorite outfit.

Zenaku

Maybe they don't know what was dlc once.

I just hope we westerners will be able to obtain this one somehow:

sVM8rKI.png

Probably my favorite outfit.

Yes <3

Like LG said, the question was asked in the last live stream and they said all extra costumes from the original version were obtainable in-game in the updated/localized version.

About Amazon Japan, the last time I ordered a ton of books, I also didn't have to pay any tax or the like; I always thought the high shipping costs were actually so they could pay the import fees for you.

I'll make the spoiler thread.

Anybody have a title suggestion? I don't want folks accidentally clicking it instead of the OT and then spoiling themselves silly.

CrazyDude

I'll make the spoiler thread.

Anybody have a title suggestion? I don't want folks accidentally clicking it instead of the OT and then spoiling themselves silly.

Make sure you put the spoiler in front and not at the end. It's easy to mistake the OT and the spoiler thread otherwise.

"Spoilers" should definitely be in front of the game name. Don't wanna confuse folks.

I'll make the thread when I get back from lunch. Keep posting ideas peeps.

I assume that the lack of impressions is because you guys are busy playing

I am against referencing even more Final Fantasy stuff.
I want to see this series stand on it's own stump/feet and show independence.

twas a joke breh

SPOILERS - Bravely Default: SP Drink - 0.99€, Spoilers - Free

Top Bottom