• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Can't wait for this arrive so I can stack it on top of Zelda while I keep playing Fire Emblem indefinitely...Normally these days I wouldn't trust a Squenix game one bit, but I have every confidence this game is as good as people say...I don't know what is, the magic of the 3DS I guess?

zroid

Banned
Can't wait for this arrive so I can stack it on top of Zelda while I keep playing Fire Emblem indefinitely...Normally these days I wouldn't trust a Squenix game one bit, but I have every confidence this game is as good as people say...I don't know what is, the magic of the 3DS I guess?

Magic of external development team, lol. And Akihiko Yoshida.

ss-hikaru

Got mine today. Excited to play it but gotta finish projectxzone first.

Damn you people! So jealous, I have to wait til Saturday, since that's the official release date in Australia :( Gonna go get it first thing in the morning and try to catch up >.< I wanna go read/participate in the spoiler thread!

ramyeon

Damn you people! So jealous, I have to wait til Saturday, since that's the official release date in Australia :( Gonna go get it first thing in the morning and try to catch up >.< I wanna go read/participate in the spoiler thread!
Yeah, I'm
im
patiently waiting till Saturday too :/ Seems like 3DS games very rarely break street break here in Australia.

CrazyDude

Listening to the first look video on youtube and the English doesn't sad bad really. I think I am going to play through it in English instead of Japanese.

ss-hikaru

Yeah, I'm
im
patiently waiting till Saturday too :/ Seems like 3DS games very rarely break street break here in Australia.

Yeah, it sounds like it's the 'mom & pop' stores that break street date, and we don't really have any of those do we?

Listening to the first look video on youtube and the English doesn't sad bad really. I think I am going to play through it in English instead of Japanese.

I was going to play through in Japanese but it sounds like you'll have to play it multiple times cos multiple endings. Now I'm wondering if I should do the first run in English...

cafemomo

Agnès Returns: Bravely Default

i'd forward all my credit cards to square if we get a spinoff dedicated to superior edea and edea alone

i'd buy a Edea Returns: Bravely Default: Where the fairy flies to the bank to fund the sequel IV-2: Director's Cut in a heart beat.

aravuus

EU release is actually Friday? For fuck's sake, the site I ordered it from said Thursday. Unless someone breaks the street date that means I won't be playing it this weekend, Friday is independence day in Finland. Goddamn it!

Gonna go look for it tomorrow :(

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Mine just shipped, can't wait for tomorrow!

I can't remember the last time i was this hyped for a game. I was about to go buy it monday since a lot of stores were selling it already but i still had my CE pre ordered, so i didn't. Should have cancelled faster.

Mine shipped yesterday so I should get it by tomorrow (still amazed at how fnac.com apparently always breaks street dates).

I don't know if I should finish AA5, finish 100%ing Zelda, finish Tearaway or open Ys. Crazy season!

I'll still complain about SMTIV while the truth of the matter is that I wouldn't know when to play it.

Kater

Banned
Mine shipped yesterday so I should get it by tomorrow (still amazed at how fnac.com apparently always breaks street dates).

I don't know if I should finish AA5, finish 100%ing Zelda, finish Tearaway or open Ys. Crazy season!

I'll still complain about SMTIV while the truth of the matter is that I wouldn't know when to play it.
Tearaway and AA5 are the least time-consuming so I would finish those. I played through AA5 in 25 - 30 hours and Tearaway probably isnlt more than 30 hours either, I guess (haven't played that - but really want to). 100% Zelda is something very satisfying though.

I only have the bonus content of the new Layton left (daily puzzles). Feels good to clear your backlog once in a while.

boinx

Really want to play this but it's so frustrating that the bottom screen on my 3DS is broken right now and getting it fixed is a needlessly complicated process here. :(

Gambit

I hope to get the game on Friday, and would like to add my friend-code as well.

2793-0580-1871 | Gambit (though my Mii is called Flo) | Germany

At university now, so I won't be adding any friends till tonight, but then I will try to add them all.

EDIT: I am stupid and will send the PM now.

Qurupeke

If someone adds me please send me a pm. I can't add everyone on the second post because my Friend list is full but I can add 10 or so people.

Hopefully I'll have the game tomorrow too or at least this Friday... I can't wait! Also, the costume in my avatar is in the game right?

Oxx

The Minotaur in the demo has killed me a couple of times now.

I don't want to get frustrated with the game before it even releases, so I might just leave it here.

aravuus

Ugh, I hope today's Starbound beta will keep me occupied for a couple of days, I likely won't be getting BD until Saturday or something. I'm jealous of you all :(

Bravely Default - Launch Trailer
NoE launch trailer
How are the multiple endings gained? Literally multiple playthroughs or fairly straight forward?
I've heard it's fairly straight forward.

I don't want to get frustrated with the game before it even releases, so I might just leave it here.

What tactics have you've been doing to fight it? Have you tried mixing and matching job abilities etc? Also read this and this ,should check the entire thread for some tactics etc.

Kater

Banned
Just saw the launch trailer. Two more days!
D:
I don't understand the time freezing though. Is that only in the full game and are there special enemies where you would need that ability?

It could be that you don't use the right jobs, I had a problem at first too when I battled the minotaur. That plus my party just wasn't strong enough for him.
And get stronger weapons through upgrading shops in Norende.

aravuus

How are the English voices? I'd prefer them over the Japanese ones, but if they're Star Ocean TLH level, I'll skip. What game would you guys compare the acting to?

Oxx

I'm level 10 and my weapons/equipment are pretty good. Definitely comes down to jobs/tactics. I should probably switch the dark mage to something more defensive.

Akito

Don't you worry, I'm even buying the CE.
After seeing some close up pictures of the figurine, I canceled that shit with the speed of light.

cjta8ffy55iql1d94.jpg

Decided to invest the money I just saved into the artbook.

Kater

Banned
After seeing some close up pictures of the figurine, I canceled that shit with the speed of light.

I know someone who wants to buy that statue from me for 15€.
I will buy the other artbook as well and maybe the full OST, if I like it enough.

Can't blame you though on deciding against keeping the CE preorder.

I love Ringabel (Second city Party Chat "spoiler")

Agnès tells the party about the female-only temple
Ringabel: A flower garden, no boys allowed...
Edea: Shut up, Ringabel

:lol

Jinko

Added a load of peeps from the list, hope my game comes tomorrow /excitement

My code is 1263-6896-7744 for anyone who wants to add me :D

Oh god... that is ugly. What happened.... 10 CD track and now this... I will be canceling too after all. What a shame.

My main tactic to defeat the Minotaur was to drop the difficulty down.

Cowardly Default.

Well if anything the developers wanted people to complete the storyline especially with the low amount that the surveyed did reach the true ending on the original. Kind of the reason why they implemented the difficulty options, so don't feel bad, they honesty just want people to be enthralled by the story...which the demo has none... XD

Kater

Banned
I just asked when they will have the CE and the guy on the phone said that they get it on Saturday but the other store said that they could possibly get the game on Thursday (but not the CE), that's tomorrow.

Maybe I'll just buy the game alone and get the Artbook and the Soundtrack from Amazon like a few other GAFfers in this thread here.

@Jinko
Added you to my friend list!

Top Bottom