• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Oxx

Well if anything the developers wanted people to complete the storyline especially with the low amount that the surveyed did reach the true ending on the original. Kind of the reason why they implemented the difficulty options, so don't feel bad, they honesty just want people to be enthralled by the story...which the demo has none... XD

At least there was no microtransaction.

But now I have no idea if my more cautious style and different job choices were correct, or if the boss just had half the HP and lower attack stats.

At least there was no microtransaction.

But now I have no idea if my more cautious style and different job choices were correct, or if the boss just had half the HP and lower attack stats.

Most likely both, if you read the demo thread you would have notice that there were quite a number of people that got defeated several times as well in the demo.

Cautious play is always the best route against bosses, and within the thread many talked about OPed combination but that's what the demo really allows you to do. Should really choose abilities that compliment the jobs you've chosen for your character.

Also if you rebuild the demo's Norende shops you'll probably also find the demo quite easy with the better equipments.

I'm missing the joke here

Agnès Oblige, a 17-year-old girl who controls the "Wind Crystal" and sets off on a journey, lead by the Crystal Spirits.

Tiz Arrior, a 16-year-old boy who miraculously managed to survive the huge calamity that left a giant hole in a region of Gardisra. He's deeply depressed that he was unable to save his young brother and sole relative in the disaster.

Edea Lee, a 15-year-old girl with a strong sense of justice who originates from Eternia and was raised in a strong household. She meets Agnès on a mission for the Eternian Army. Her father is a high official within the military.

Ringabel, an 18-year old amnesiac traveling around the world seducing women with his adolescent charm. He is in possession of a special book called the "Notebook of D" that can predict the future.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Bravely_Default:_Where_The_Fairy_Flies

Knew this would have happened XD glad I left out their ages on the summary =P

aravuus

Oh haha

I really don't mind though. In fact, I was going to edit my post and add something like "unless it's funny how we fcking finally get adult protagonists in a JRPG and they are kiddy chibi"

15-year old main character stereotype should die already

e: i know i know, demographic and all that jazz, not gonna happen

Aaahhh I'm tempted to buy For the Sequel eShop update while waiting my EU CE copy arrives this Friday (and FTS JP copy in 2 weeks time)

So do the streetpass villagers transfer over from demo to full game?

I'm happy but annoyed that I picked up 6 of the buggers after I finished rebuilding the town.

Kater

Banned
Is the CE worth it or should I drop my preorder and just buy the normal one?

I'm tempted to go down this root.
Oh haha

I really don't mind though. In fact, I was going to edit my post and add something like "unless it's funny how we fcking finally get adult protagonists in a JRPG and they are kiddy chibi"

15-year old main character stereotype should die already

e: i know i know, demographic and all that jazz, not gonna happen

17 is a huge step up from 15 if you ask me. :>

Is the CE worth it or should I drop my preorder and just buy the normal one?

The CE is outrageously overpriced and the figure is offensively bad, but it's one of those things you might wish you had bought a few years later. If you have to choose between the CE and the artbook that's coming out today in Japan, go with the artbook. And the full OST.

Kater

Banned
The CE is outrageously overpriced and the figure is offensively bad, but it's one of those things you might wish you had bought a few years later. If you have to choose between the CE and the artbook that's coming out today in Japan, go with the artbook. And the full OST.
I will buy the normal game and get the Soundtrack and the Artbook extra. Hopefully I can cancel my preorder so near release.

Kuntz

Does anyone know if there are usable items to damage enemies with different elements like ff5 rods?

Because I want to job festa right off the bat...

6ava.jpg

I have my EU copy.

It's very good.

Shopto are slow this time. Such a shame *sniff*. Gives me a day or two to get more done in other games.

MLH

Shopto are slow this time. Such a shame *sniff*. Gives me a day or two to get more done in other games.

Fucking ShopTo have become shit now. Anyone else got theirs from other online UK orientated stores yet?

ShopTo have charged me and are preparing my order as of 7:00PM this evening. I'm shocked, they usually post Wednesday afternoon and I receive Thursday, looks like it won't go out until Thursday morning and I'll receive it on Friday :(
I wonder if Nintendo pressured them not to send the game early with the exclusive CE deal? Bah, it's been a hard week I wanted to play Bravely Default early to relax...

Draikin 2

Suffice to say the reviews are very positive, but does anyone think it's actually worth buying a 3DS for this game when I already have a PS Vita? It'd probably be this game or Ys: Memories of Celceta which is getting equally good reviews, but the latter doesn't seem quite as interesting.

Suffice to say the reviews are very positive, but does anyone think it's actually worth buying a 3DS for this game when I already have a PS Vita? It'd probably be this game or Ys: Memories of Celceta which is getting equally good reviews, but the latter doesn't seem quite as interesting.

It's worth buying a 3ds for the vast and amazing library of games + this one.

eXistor

Cool, I got added to the list. Feel free to add me! I've added a few folks from the list, but not all. If you add me, you can send me a PM if you want and I'll make sure to add you as well.

Jinko

Fucking ShopTo have become shit now. Anyone else got theirs from other online UK orientated stores yet?

TBF the game is not supposed to release until Friday.

Mines still being processed. :(

Definitely this is the only reason I bought a 3DS, but there are other good games out there.

ramyeon

ShopTo have charged me and are preparing my order as of 7:00PM this evening. I'm shocked, they usually post Wednesday afternoon and I receive Thursday, looks like it won't go out until Thursday morning and I'll receive it on Friday :(
I wonder if Nintendo pressured them not to send the game early with the exclusive CE deal? Bah, it's been a hard week I wanted to play Bravely Default early to relax...
People blaming retailers because they are getting the game on release day instead of before? Seriously?

zroid

Banned

If this is the game you're thinking about buying one for? Then absolutely.

The 3DS has a large library of excellent RPGs, among other things. The only reason I can think of for why someone would avoid a 3DS is if you either don't care for handhelds, or only play Western games. Or are a horsepower snob, I suppose.

(I've had a 3DS since launch and a Vita since a couple months after launch, FWIW)

zroid

Banned
Found a somewhat hi-res image of the North American CE. Pretty sure it's higher than any we've seen thus far:

81pjtndeeil._aa1500_k1ug8.jpg

akaoni

Banned

Got mine at around 8pm. It's possible that's the problem, I've been shopping with them for years and always got stuff early until GTAV and now this.

2San

So the place where I pre-ordered(yourgamezone.nl) is saying that the game got delayed to 7/12/2013 for the Netherlands. Wondering if they're bullshitting me, since this is an extremely odd thing to do.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So the place where I pre-ordered(yourgamezone.nl) is saying that the game got delayed to 7/12/2013 for the Netherlands. Wondering if they're bullshitting me.

Sounds like the games got shipped late and they won't have em till the 7th.

Oxx

I don't even have it ordered anywhere.

I'm just hoping that it's less than £40 at Game, or that a supermarket actually has it.

Top Bottom