• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

I bought this game, so this is now my game.

cju83ffrhqjqjfmdo.jpg

Kater

Banned
I'll probably try out Amazon JP later, was using Amiami cause I had another order from them, hopefully the shipment is cheapish at Amazon.
I want to get it from Amazon JP too. Is the Soundtrack also available on Amazon? I did a quick search yesterday but found nothing.

There is, but if there's no lab tomorrow I can just skip class to play this :p
Haha, as long as someone pick it up though, especially the CE being shipped via courier, who knows when it'll arrive ;P
Thanks for the quick replies, kuroneko & Samurai Heart! :)
NP
Did you order it from Amazon.co.jp?

Yessums, overall it was £27.28 (£18.60+8.68 shipping) you'll probably get it cheaper if the Japanese Yen drops, it was at £1=168JPY yesterday, today at 166JPY =/

Jenoss

Banned
There's any way to unlock the special items and cloths for the european version of the game?
In the japan one, how can you unlock it? with a code?

Thanks in advance

SunGod

Streetpass or Spotpass, yeah. So you get villagers through wifi without actually Streetpassing people anyway.

Thanks to you both :) I'm borrowing a friends 3DS for this so I still don't really understand spotpass/streetpass but I'll figure it out once I get the game (hopefully) tomorrow.

Yessums, overall it was £27.28 (£18.60+8.68 shipping) you'll probably get it cheaper if the Japanese Yen drops, it was at £1=168JPY yesterday, today at 166JPY =/

I'll look into picking up the art book after I've finished the game. £8.68 shipping is a lot better than what CDJapan are asking for at the moment!

galvenize

Is the game hard? Can you compare to some other JRPG?

The bosses are great, most of them require smart thinking if you want to beat them without too much trouble. You'll find yourself losing to every boss on your first attempt. The game is by no means easy.

Qurupeke

I've been playing about an hour or so and I am now able to rebuild Norende. Will I be able to get more villagers later without Streetpass? The village is huge...

I've been playing about an hour or so and I am now able to rebuild Norende. Will I be able to get more villagers later without Streetpass? The village is huge...

IIRC if you turn on Spotpass you'll periodically get villagers via online, apparently what the original did.

Goddamn, when you enter Caldisla and don't move the camera stays zoomed out. It looks so good in 3d, especially at night.

Should I use autosave or not?

Jinko

Game has been dispatched, so jealous of you guys who are playing it now though.

Guess I'll go grind some more in Disgaea :(

Oxx

I did actually go ahead and finish the demo.

So now I have a bunch of items, 14 villagers, and a decent understanding of the systems to take into the game proper.

Thanks demo!

Yeah, apparently I received 3. Not sure if this is because of my friends though. Also, I'm I supposed to keep the game on sleep mode when I don't play?

Norende and the SP points build whilst the game is currently in your system, so if you are playing the game/put your 3DS to sleep with it playing then it'll keep going. Playing something else then coming back to BD won't work I believe.

Jinko

Yeah, apparently I received 3. Not sure if this is because of my friends though. Also, I'm I supposed to keep the game on sleep mode when I don't play?

Yea from what I found out in the demo you have to be running the game in sleep mode (not in the titles screen) for the timer to change.

I guess they did it this way to stop people cheating with the console clock.

Kater

Banned
So you can only get villagers from streetpassing someone who has also played Bravely Default and through Spotpass?
I think I got villagers through Spotpass after having the game playing in 3DS sleep mode for around 15 hours now but only got 1(!) villager.

So you can only get villagers from streetpassing someone who has also played Bravely Default and through Spotpass?
I think I got villagers through Spotpass after having the game playing in 3DS sleep mode for around 15 hours now but only got 1(!) villager.
You can get new villagers through Spotpass every 24 hours. You have to manually update your data in the save menu.

Aeana

You get 1-3 for free every day.

Labadal

Cut my thumb and the result is that even if I get the game tomorrow, I won't be able to play it anyway... I've been facepalming a lot today.

Just got the game myself but I'm currently addicted to FE:A, so I don't really have the urge to play it yet... I also still need to finish Ace Attorney and Zelda. First world problems, I know...

R.I.P

Played for around 2 hours now, the game is a lot of fun! Just beat boss from who you get the black mage job, will probably assign Edea to that. At the moment I have Agnes as a white mage, and both Tiz and Ringabel as monks. Does the freelancer class get any good abilities at later levels? I was thinking about setting Tiz back to it and maybe maxing it out.

Kouriozan

Wow, Amazon.fr still haven't dispatched mine, and I choosed the "get it the release day" delivery.
It's the first time I'm having this problem, normally they dispatch it 2~3 day before the release day.

Jinko

Played for around 2 hours now, the game is a lot of fun! Just beat boss from who you get the black mage job, will probably assign Edea to that. At the moment I have Agnes as a white mage, and both Tiz and Ringabel as monks. Does the freelancer class get any good abilities at later levels? I was thinking about setting Tiz back to it and maybe maxing it out.

They aren't that great, but at job level 10 they get a job experience bonus support ability which could help with leveling other classes I guess.

R.I.P

They aren't that great, but at job level 10 they get a job experience bonus support ability which could help with leveling other classes I guess.

Thanks, maybe I'll just keep both the guys as monks for now, it seems like a pretty nice class.

Wow, Amazon.fr still haven't dispatched mine, and I choosed the "get it the release day" delivery.
It's the first time I'm having this problem, normally they dispatch it 2~3 day before the release day.

>=P Muhahaha payback for Pokemon ;P
But I think Amazon has been slightly spooked by when they dispatched GTA5 early and Rockstar/Take-Two complained =/

LayLa

got mine today! 3DS has been killing it with games this year imo, hopefully this will finish things off in style.

Top Bottom