• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

holysan

So I have 5 guests and 2 friends in my list, but can use only 6 workers (myself included). Is it only possible to use guests as villagers?

R.I.P

Gotta say that I'm actually enjoying the English dub.

Very unexpected after seeing the earlier trailers.

Yup, I tried switching to jap voices at the beginning but both Tiz and the king of the first town sounded really annoying, so I switched right back :p
The English dub is actually pretty good so far!

Here is my Friend Code:

Melhisedek 5343-8311-7511 Sweden
Make sure you PM ThePeoplesBureau that else you won't be added to the list.
I'm not alone then >.<

EDIT : Just got a mail from Amazon I won't get it until saturday, might cancel and just buy it in store tomorrow then :/

You are alone Bro, Lord Ghirahim is cray, cray XD

3 copies of the EUR CE & pre-order artbook (local pickup).

1 copy of BDFtS and 1 copy of Famits&#363; #1305 for the Foxbite dagger DLC + express shipping from Asia.

1 copy of Dengeki Nintendo for the Donnerschutz shield DLC, 1 copy of V Jump for the Sh&#333;ri no Tachi katana DLC, 1 more copy of BDFtS, 1 copy of the Drama CD & pre-order bonus Cast Talk CD-E, 1 copy of the artbook, 1 copy of each BD novel volume, 1 copy of the game guide, 1 more copy of the Drama CD & pre-order bonus Cast Talk CD-A & pre-order bonus sticker + express shipping from Japan.

Yup, I tried switching to jap voices at the beginning but both Tiz and the king of the first town sounded really annoying, so I switched right back :p
As I've said before the trailers voices were edited/dubbed poorly on the trailer. But dual-audio so it's all good anyway =P

Kater

Banned
How's the quality of the audio overall?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I like how it shows the play time of your friends, with other info as well like job count, ability count, population of Norende etc...

I wanted to try that "summon friend" thing and i got a random net friend invite dude that gave me an "attack" that did like 700dmg. I could have one shot this boss. I guess it won't matter that much as the game goes on since bosses will have way more HP, but it was pretty funny.

I guess i'll avoid using that for now.

Decided to order V Jump from Amazon JP for the DLC spear & reorder the drama cd to combine shipping. Surprisingly, they started to charge for tax preparation (for the cd) :(

Zenaku

I'm about 2 hours or so from finishing the download, so heres my FC. Japanese version, not sure if everywhere works together, but I'd assume so.

3609-1093-1753

Well in the first dungeon I've been maxing brave and than attacking... I guess it only works on this first lvl. But any more tips as if I try to approach it as a "normal" jRPG I get my bottom handed to me...

JimPanzer

4527 - 8025 - 4630
if someone wants to add me. got a seminar for university tomorrow and saturday, so I won't have much time to play. but the whole sunday will be bravely defaulted :)

Kater

Banned
The music quality is fine, but the voice acting can sound kinda tinny.
What a shame about the voices. Music being fine quality-wise is good to hear though!

But is the quality of the voices like in the trailers or a bit improved over that?

holysan

I think that the voices of the party members are all relatively good, but the bad guys are definitely not for everyone! But since I usually enjoy bad dubs (they are funny :p), I have no problem with them.

It is time :)

H2FVRf8.jpg

Top:
lnajiXt.jpg

I did not realise how HUGE the box is! 3DS XL for scale:
QHjJc23.jpg

OST - 'Mini album' (groan). Not as big a deal-breaker for me as some, as I already have the 'proper' Japanese OST release.
NOsBomn.jpg

5a5V3KM.jpg

nODniRh.jpg

Deluxe Artbook. Again, this is much larger than I had expected. The book is actually really high quality, and the artwork jumps out of the pages:
KqMziT1.jpg

SyfTA01.jpg

egXolt8.jpg

oObinbs.jpg

8Sw5ZrE.jpg

PE6GQe6.jpg

stA82j3.jpg

JVrO3Rv.jpg

AR cards set. Nintendo playing cards legacy in effect, lovely packaging and design:
BSNNSC8.jpg

2nFk6tg.jpg

25BgOrd.jpg

9tjSVNc.jpg

And leaving the worst til last... this was painful to open knowing what lay within...
x4Q7fgF.jpg

*sigh* so disappointing.
A6p6loD.jpg

3DS case for scale. If you're looking for a plus point, it's a heavyweight statue, perhaps useful for striking an intruder in your home...
DltExtq.jpg

Nope. Can't do it. Back in your polystyrene sarcophagus, crudely rendered Agnès... this world was never meant for one as ugly as you :(
T8OtD41.jpg

=)
Yep shame about the figure wished they went with those 3D printed figures =/

Adding your post to the OT, else it will be too big lol.

Also Damn you Nintendo, why did you go with the cheap ass manufacturers =(

Kater

Banned
Ew, that statue.
I kept my preorder for the CE after all so I'm glad that the artbook is okay.
And I will still buy the full Soundtrack and the bigger Artbook.
Around €200. I guess it's good that Christmas is near, haha.

As far as content in the artbook, there is a lot more that I haven't shown. I stuck with main characters to avoid any potential spoilers, but I can say that it is full of high quality artwork.

nasos_333

Ew, that statue.
I kept my preorder for the CE after all so I'm glad that the artbook is okay.
And I will still buy the full Soundtrack and the bigger Artbook.
Around &#8364;200. I guess it's good that Christmas is near, haha.

There are two artbook versions ??

Whelp any JP folks wanna add here's my friend code: 2363-5859-9572
I'm about 2 hours or so from finishing the download, so heres my FC. Japanese version, not sure if everywhere works together, but I'd assume so.

3609-1093-1753

Added both of you on my JP 3DS... although I won't be playing FTS until like in 2 weeks time since have to wait for physical copy to arrive :(
2363-6351-4675

There are two artbook versions ??

There are like... 5 artbooks now? A little one from last year's BDFF CE, a little one for EUR pre-orders, a bigger one from the EUR CE, a (probably) little one from the NA CE, and the big retail artbook that came out in Japan yesterday.

nasos_333

I will buy it from Amazon JP but there are other online shops who have it as well.

Do they send to Europe ? That would be nice, i really want that one

I get the CE editions for the artbooks, so if i get the artbook i will just buy the game online

Top Bottom