• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Do they send to Europe ? That would be nice, i really want that one

I get the CE editions for the artbooks, so if i get the artbook i will just buy the game online
Should do, I just preordered from Amazon Japan:
Check my post for links
Overall it was £27.28 (£18.60+8.68 shipping) you'll probably get it cheaper if the Japanese Yen dropped in the time I ordered it.

Lord Ghirahim's got my back ;D

Kater

Banned
Yes, you can get an order from Amazin JP to Europe but shipment costs are, like one would have expected, quite high.

x4Q7fgF.jpg

Please note that the Brutally Disfigured Agnès Freak is not a toy. This is an instrument of torture and not intended for general viewing.

Timeaisis

Looking forward to the NA release of this in Feb. Can anyone who's played it enlighten me on something, though?

I know in the OT it said the microtransaction stuff isn't necessary, which is fine by me. However, is it a lot more difficult to play without the Sleep Points? I'm not so sure I want to leave my 3DS in sleep mode for 8 hours just to get 1 SP. Other than that, the game sounds fantastic. Looks like old-school FF.

Great, i will get that one for sure

What about the "pocketbook of R" books ? Anyone know what those are ?

Thanks for the tips :)

The price seems reasonable too
It's a novel which I believe something related to post-game (not sure about it)
I added all 3 of you since I'm playing the Japanese one. Mine is 4554-1186-2855
added
Looking forward to the NA release of this in Feb. Can anyone who's played it enlighten me on something, though?

I know in the OT it said the microtransaction stuff isn't necessary, which is fine by me. However, is it a lot more difficult to play without the Sleep Points? I'm not so sure I want to leave my 3DS in sleep mode for 8 hours just to get 1 SP. Other than that, the game sounds fantastic. Looks like old-school FF.
Not really. As long as you plan your battle, you shouldn't need to use Bravely Second imo

R.I.P

What a shame about the voices. Music being fine quality-wise is good to hear though!

But is the quality of the voices like in the trailers or a bit improved over that?

I think it is generally better than in the trailers, though Agnes's voice sounds the worst to me.

satori

I must have been under a damn rock. What a wonderful OT. Sold me the game. Great OP, really informative, game will be download as soon as it hit the eShop.

*sigh* so disappointing.
A6p6loD.jpg

Damn, that figure reminds me of the 99 Cents store versions of the Sailor Moon figures my sisters used to buy in the 90s(they were called something like, "Planet Protectors" or something), which basically used the similar mold to the Japanese figures, but were really badly painted and such. In all seriousness, I think when it comes to things like this, you need a figure company(particularly a sculptor, though a painter is also a must) that KNOWS how to sculpt and paint Japanese designs(anime) in 3D. Japan companies like Figma have that shit DOWN. Western figure companies, not so much. I still remember the OFFICIAL Western Sailor Moon dolls:

American.JPG

LOL, IMO, those(and the Bravely Default figure) are the figure equivalent of this:

_62450357_restoredfresco.jpg

All kidding aside, I'm kinda bummed Akihiko Yoshida left Square. Probably for the best.

sharnaak

I'm around 7 hours in the game and I've got to say that it is all and even more I had expected, seriously quality stuff. I just think I should have started it on hard instead of normal.

By the way if someone wants to add me here is my friend code, just pm so I can add you back. 4038-7143-3431 - Italy

Aeana

There doesn't seem to be a way to select your language before you start the game in the JP version, so you can't see the intro in English until you get access to the event viewer, unless I'm missing something.

Evenbillybob

Neo Member
I have a question, which might sound a bit stupid.
But I'm playing the demo, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to equip magic.
I have Agnes as a Red Mage, and I bought Cura at the magic shop, but i can't equip it. Cura is grayed out when I look at the magic section. I tried to make her a White Mage, but the same thing happens. Do i need to level up her job class? I think shes only level 2 at the moment.

Other than that, I'm having a blast with the game.

But I'm playing the demo, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to equip magic.
I have Agnes as a Red Mage, and I bought Cura at the magic shop, but i can't equip it. Cura is grayed out when I look at the magic section. I tried to make her a White Mage, but the same thing happens. Do i need to level up her job class? I think shes only level 2 at the moment.

Level up your mages job levels, should unlock magic levels, just ensure they aren't higher than what they can use else you won't be able to use it.

I assume you're talking about "Cure" and not "Cura" since you're playing the demo. Your character has to be either a White Mage or have White Magic equipped as Job Command in the Ability menu. You sure you made her a White Mage?

Zenaku

I wanted to try this out but the one code with the Japanese version on the first page doesn't work. Can't register for some reason.

I have the Japanese version, just about to start and add everyone.

I've been looking at the digital manual, and the Japanese version of For the Sequel has a savedata backup feature. You can upload save data to SQEX Members site, and then re-download it. It may be possible to move a save file this way.

Kater

Banned
I think it is generally better than in the trailers, though Agnes's voice sounds the worst to me.

I guess I have to adjust my expectations then.
Anyway, thanks for answering my question. :)

@Glass Rebel: But Cura is in the demo. It's Level 3 white magic.

nasos_333

I would say wait on Udon to localise but that's likely 2 years away.

Just ordered from Amazon.jp, 47$ total

It is a bit steep, but i will skip the CE, so it is not that bad considering and is 250 pages, which is rather nice

And i will have something from the game two months before its release :)

Horrible figure is horrible.

Also try CDJapan if you're after the art book. If you haven't used them before, what you need to know are these simple things; 1) They're very good, 2)Prices aren't the cheapest but generally similar level to other places and 3) They're very good!

Evenbillybob

Neo Member
Level up your mages job levels, should unlock magic levels, just ensure they aren't higher than what they can use else you won't be able to use it.

I assume you're talking about "Cure" and not "Cura" since you're playing the demo. Your character has to be either a White Mage or have White Magic equipped as Job Command in the Ability menu. You sure you made her a White Mage?

Thanks guys. I found out what the problem was. The spell I bought was indeed Cura, it was the first spell in the shop window. I went back to the shop, and I bought Cure, which is working. I guess i made a rookie mistake. But thanks nonetheless

3 hours into the game, and after playing the demo I expected Normal to be a bit more challenging. I don't mind the difficulty (so far), but I was prepared for more roadblocks.

Aeana

I imported my save data from the original game, but then as I went down the list, I realized I don't actually want to import anything besides friends. Left that one checked. Everything else seems like it would just make the game more boring.

Alright, I sent a Fira-imbued Scimitar-attack with 610 power for you guys on my friendlist to use

edit: ok, changed it to Blizzara with 895 power

Aeana

Sigh. I really miss the menu music. :( I still don't get why they removed it.
EDIT: Oh, it's still there on the quests screen, at least! Oh, and on the world map. Well that's good.

Top Bottom