• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Sigh. I really miss the menu music. :( I still don't get why they removed it.
EDIT: Oh, it's still there on the quests screen, at least! Oh, and on the world map. Well that's good.

I hear people hated it.

Wasn't completely sold on the game but the demo did it for me. The job system is just magnificent; all the possible combinations and options were kind of overwhelming at first (mixing and matching abilities from all your levelled up jobs, current job commands and special ability, secondary job commands) but eventually I got the hang of it thanks to the hint cards. I played on hard and it was hard until I stopped blindly wandering around and did the quests. In the end I formulated a practically invincible ability and command combination so the last two bosses were a joke. I sure hope you can't just break the final game like that.
Oh, and the game looks and sounds except for the annoying menu music.

Grampasso

Oh, by the way I can't add to my friend list the only JP code in the list on the first page, looks like it can't recognize it or maybe the number is wrong?

Oxx

Because.
Who wants this avatar? It's yours.
GzKR4By.png

Mesut-Ozil-Arsenal_2998399_zps605d8911.jpg

3 hours into the game, and after playing the demo I expected Normal to be a bit more challenging. I don't mind the difficulty (so far), but I was prepared for more roadblocks.

I must be really weird because I went "Normal" with both and I find the game to be more challenging than the demo. Maybe I'm underleveled.

ramyeon

I will never understand why Nintendo of Australia insists on Saturday releases for all their major titles while everyone else gets them on Fridays.

IGN's review is up if anyone cares.

Their criticisms seem to be common problems with JRPGs (Dub isn't great and dialogue can be overwrought etc). The Japanese voiceovers seem to be very well done so if the dub is really that weak it isn't a big deal to me.

nasos_333

Their criticisms seem to be common problems with JRPGs (Dub isn't great and dialogue can be overwrought etc). The Japanese voiceovers seem to be very well done so if the dub is really that weak it isn't a big deal to me.

Great score :)

And they say it is one of the best JRPGs around

Only two months left :(

– Dodgy dialogue
– Occasional poor performances

Maybe they'll give the localization team more than 8 weeks next time! Just kidding, they don't even care about Zelda's localization, and that's Zelda.

darkziosj

Added, it worked! jae's code must be wrong on the first page
Mine is 5000-2400-1064
Added you, mine is 4785-4728-9273
My friend code is 0791-1280-1356. Want to see if I can add anyone who has the European version.
Added you, (0877-0273-0406) although I'm still waiting for my copy tomorrow :p

Added everyone need someone to test my code is: 5472-7710-1454.

It looks like the first Bravely Quest ends on Dec 18, so I hope my JPN copy gets shipped very soon. I added ¥3000 to my 3DS to be ready in case they screw me over. Then I'll have 2 sealed physical copies of the game to keep :/

~

It looks like you can get the Achievement and Quest DLC rewards even when you start a new game. That's cool I guess.

~

There's a "Reach the True Ending with the encounter rate set to OFF without having imported a save file" Hall of Fame Achievement.
D:
You're allowed to play on Easy, but still...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
guess i need to get a 3DSxl sooner than expected

love the ffix vibe i'm getting from the art... does the feel of the characters/story also feel like ffix?

Zenaku

It looks like the first Bravely Quest ends on Dec 18, so I hope my JPN copy gets shipped very soon. I added ¥3000 to my 3DS to be ready in case they screw me over. Then I'll have 2 sealed physical copies of the game to keep :/

~

It looks like you can get the Achievement and Quest DLC rewards even when you start a new game. That's cool I guess.

~

There's a "Reach the True Ending with the encounter rate set to OFF without having imported a save file" Hall of Fame Achievement.
D:
You're allowed to play on Easy, but still...

Yes, saw that. You'd have to make use of the village, do every sub quest and make use of repeatable bosses for the exp and jp. Money (or villages free items) would be indispensable, along with abilink and friend summons.

I've actually considered creating a second save file for it in advance, and just booting it up each day to get more villagers and decrease the time it'll take to max the equipment shops, but I wonder if it'd be ok to constantly switch between it and my normal save.

Q. said:
他のニンテンドー3DSを使って続きをプレイすると、[データ更新]ができなくなりますか?

A. said:
スクエニ メンバーズの利用登録をしたメンバーズIDを使って、ゲーム内で再度認証を行うことで、他のニンテンドー3DSでも問題なくプレイできます。
ダウンロード版でプレイしている場合は、ニンテンドー3DSの機能「ソフトとデータの引っ越し」を使って、別のニンテンドー3DSにデータを移行してください。
詳しくは、ニンテンドー3DS取り扱い説明書(P.86~P.90) をご確認ください。

Why would "playing on another 3DS" even mean you have to reconfirm your account? Does the 3DS hardware/eShop affect the account link even on a physical copy? :/

ss-hikaru

Are there any pics floating around of the pre-order artbook? I'd like to see it before I go pick up my copy (mainly so I can get my expectations in order. I know S-E preorder books are usually crap... but still)

From pics it looks similar to the Fire Emblem artbook a friend won in a competition. So not many pages (I think the FE one had one page for each character and that was it).

Yikes, and I thought Australia's ratings labels were bad.

Oh it's rated M? :O

Please note that the Brutally Disfigured Agnès Freak is not a toy. This is an instrument of torture and not intended for general viewing.
Who wants this avatar? It's yours.

XD

I will never understand why Nintendo of Australia insists on Saturday releases for all their major titles while everyone else gets them on Fridays.

Yeah -_- One more day one more day...

I have to pick up my CE copies today. The horror.
It looks like my copies of BDFtS and Famitsu #1305 might be dispatched today too, yay.

Jacobbles

One more day for Australia. The pain of waiting is hard to bare!

I used the money I saved by not getting the CE to get the artbook from CD Japan. Came to $50AU with slow shipping. Yoshida is one of the only artists that could get me to spend that much on an artbook.

cafemomo

Any word if NoJ/SE would be willing to do a LE 3DS model for Bravely Default?

Been itching to repurchase a JP 3DS to play DQ for a while now but a BD 3DS model will push me faster to getting one

ss-hikaru

I used the money I saved by not getting the CE to get the artbook from CD Japan. Came to $50AU with slow shipping. Yoshida is one of the only artists that could get me to spend that much on an artbook.

And probably still had money left over right? Wasn't the CE only available at EB Games for something ridiculous like AU$180? :|

SAL is pretty slow but i find CDJ is usually spot on 3 weeks :) I got mine from amiami and they aren't going to ship it until end of Dec :( I guess the upside to that is I'll have played enough of the game I shouldn't be spoiled by the artbook contents :p

Jacobbles

And probably still had money left over right? Wasn't the CE only available at EB Games for something ridiculous like AU$180? :|

SAL is pretty slow but i find CDJ is usually spot on 3 weeks :) I got mine from amiami and they aren't going to ship it until end of Dec :( I guess the upside to that is I'll have played enough of the game I shouldn't be spoiled by the artbook contents :p

Exactly. It was EB exclusive and $150 IIRC. I was pretty mad about missing out on it but now after seeing how the figure turned out I'm glad. I was mainly after the CE for the artbook anyway and while the CE book looks great, the official Design Works book looks better still.

I was gonna get mine from Amiami but they were sold out D:

Top Bottom