• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Busaiku

Was Mr. Yoshida's message not included in the translated book?
It seems like it took a while for the message to get out, and they refer to the Japanese book.

Was Mr. Yoshida's message not included in the translated book?
It seems like it took a while for the message to get out, and they refer to the Japanese book.

No. That's the art book that comes with the game. The art book his message is in is the Bravely Default Design Works book which just went on sale here in Japan. It's 250ish pages and covers BD, FTS, the browser game, and Four Warriors of Light.

Kater

Banned
Ordered the Artbook and the Soundtrack this morning, hopefully it won't take Amazon too long.
Also, today is the day I pick up my CE with the lovely figurine! :D

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
No. That's the art book that comes with the game. The art book his message is in is the Bravely Default Design Works book which just went on sale here in Japan. It's 250ish pages and covers BD, FTS, the browser game, and Four Warriors of Light.

Just saw the artbook in the bookstore this morning and man that thing is HUGE. Was tempted, but need to buy more stuff off of PSN instead. D:

Tak3n

Banned
Ok, tried the demo and I have some questions?

I was dying a lot, especially the cat in the desert, he kills me in one hit...

How do you turn day to night?

I tried to build something and it said it takes 10 hours... is this the micro transaction bit?

is it a grind game?

Kater

Banned

I tried to build something and it said it takes 10 hours... is this the micro transaction bit?

is it a grind game?
The (flying mage)cats, snakes and lion things all have their weakness to a certain elemental magic.
The daytime only changes when you are running around in the field, time stays frozen in the city while you're in there.
You can't rebuild Norende with MTA.

is it a grind game?

At the start of the game all you can do is kill the cat first. You can get an item that halves Wind Damage
from a hidden passage the first dungeon.

Just walk around the world map. Sleeping at the Inn sets time back to beginning of the day so don't do that.

No. That's Norende village. You can get villagers through Streetpass in the Demo (or over the internet in the full version). Otherwise you can just wait it out (time still counts even if the 3DS is in sleep mode as long as Bravely Default is open, so setting things to do over night is a good way to do things.).

Depends if you want it to be a Grind game. Like most RPGs that don't put artificial restrictions on you, grinding enough will overcome pretty much anything that isn't a bonus boss. If you keep your equipment up to date, and use jobs and abilities well you shouldn't need to grind though.

Jenoss

Banned
I notice that, when you finish all the unlockable items from a shop on norede, you unlock a special cloth for a character.

In the old version of the game, there wasn't.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to ask on here for none-spoiler impressions but what are peoples' thoughts on the game? Has it dethroned FE:Awakening as the best RPG for this year? I'm planning to get it tomorrow you see and I can't wait! :D

Porcile

Nah says royal mail on their site, oh wells guess I'll have to find something else to do ;.;

Bummer, though my local post office does seperate deliveries for certain things. Perhaps there's still hope! I on the other hand, have to chance it that my local GAME has a copy when I go out at lunch time.

demonkaze

Great, off work today sick and could have done with this earlier but dpd won't get it to me until 15:00-16:00.

The driver is near my town but has another 85 deliveries to go first.

I love how each character's motivations are implemented in the game: Tiz and Norende village, Ringabel and his Handbook and Edea and the asterisks. I'm just not sure about Agnès.

11, but i'm not sure that all the shops unlock a cloth at level 11, atm i have only the armor shop and the weapon shop at 11

Neat, will try this with the weapons shop.

Oxx

Download codes are £34.99 @ Game. I can live with that price. I might have a quick check of what the physical game costs, though.

Jinko

Download codes are £34.99 @ Game. I can live with that price. I might have a quick check of what the physical game costs, though.

I might do this and just send my shopto order back for a refund when it turns up ... lol

So impatient -.-

Oxx

I did actually get both Layton and Zelda from Game in-store when they were £34.99 (less than that when using my reward points), but both were £39.99 yesterday. I don't know what BD will be.

SunGod

Nah says royal mail on their site, oh wells guess I'll have to find something else to do ;.;

Sometimes I get my post from the normal postman then later a Royal Mail van stops outside and I get items I've ordered. Hope you get the same today.

Great, off work today sick and could have done with this earlier but dpd won't get it to me until 15:00-16:00.

The driver is near my town but has another 85 deliveries to go first.

My driver has been driving around my place, around a 10-15 min walk, for the past hour and a half. Won't be here for another hour and a half. I wish I could just walk up, meet him and take it!

Grampasso

I received an email from SE, it's in japanese and from google translation it looks like it contains a code for Bravely Default to download a weapon (Donell Yeager or something like that). How am I supposed to use that?

waby

I might put this in my queue list to buy. I got too many pending games in my shelf to play and not enough time :(

Zafir

Royal mail have been very slow this past week. I had stuff shipped on Monday which still hasn't arrived. Even though usually it comes the next day.

Nice start to proceedings :)

4uijax6.jpg

demonkaze

Sometimes I get my post from the normal postman then later a Royal Mail van stops outside and I get items I've ordered. Hope you get the same today.

My driver has been driving around my place, around a 10-15 min walk, for the past hour and a half. Won't be here for another hour and a half. I wish I could just walk up, meet him and take it!

I'm still waiting for Ys to arrive from canada that was shipped last Saturday, today would be a good day for it to come to make the wait a bit easier haha!

Zafir

I'm still waiting for Ys to arrive from canada that was shipped last Saturday, today would be a good day for it to come to make the wait a bit easier haha!
I'm still waiting for mine from there and it shipped last Monday. Will have been two weeks on Monday. >.<

aravuus

Oh the other player also has to add you to their friends, if I want to get bonuses?

My code is 4570-6862-3147, added almost everyone from the second post so if you'd add me, would be great

Kater

Banned
3 hours left until I am at my game store. =3
Oh the other player also has to add you to their friends, if I want to get bonuses?

My code is 4570-6862-3147, added almost everyone from the second post so if you'd add me, would be great
Added you.

Edit:
@Jenoss: I will add you in a second.
Here is my FC: 3840-6113-5049

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Jumping in as soon as I finish ALBW! Should be any time today, yeay!

Grampasso

I received an email from SE, it's in japanese and from google translation it looks like it contains a code for Bravely Default to download a weapon (Donell Yeager or something like that). How am I supposed to use that?
Sorry for the autoquote, could anybody care to explain? XD

wrowa

Ooh, guess I need to play the demo before I buy it then!

Those are just more or less useless items. It's really not worth the hassle if you already own the game, especially because the demo's quite long (to unlock all bonuses you'd need to play for roughly 5 hours?) and not part of the man game.

Top Bottom