• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
My retail copy is here, with the artbook! can't wait to go home and start it! the artbook is good, imho. I really like the art design

The Boat

I only got the time to play this yesterday but I wasn't feeling like a JRPG would hook me, I wasn't feeling like playing one. I was wrong, only played an hour but I loved it. Loved the style, the music, the new systems, even the voice acting is mostly pretty good!

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
So I have played and enjoyed Fire Emblem and Pokemon recently. Never really go into JRPGs though so never played FF or that.

Will I enjoy this game do people think?

Only an hour and change into the game thus far but I'm really digging the localization. The voice acting is much better than the awkward cuts in the trailers.

I'm super pleased with the improvements they've made to the original game.

Grampasso

Those are just more or less useless items. It's really not worth the hassle if you already own the game, especially because the demo's quite long (to unlock all bonuses you'd need to play for roughly 5 hours?) and not part of the man game.
Really? I had put more than 9 hours before clearing the "post endgame" content XD but granted, I took my time to explore and try a bit of things before doing that...

Jinko

So I have played and enjoyed Fire Emblem and Pokemon recently. Never really go into JRPGs though so never played FF or that.

Will I enjoy this game do people think?

If you are in Europe there is a demo on the eshop you can try, it does kind of throw you in at the deep end though so beware of that.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips for the final boss in the first sub-scenario?

The chairman does his Takeover attack twice with 300 damage each, which can easily instant kill one of my members. Defaulting against it doesn't seem to reduce the damage either, maybe I just have to grind till I surpass 600hp? I haven't tried any status ailments on him, would that work?

I'm starting to get deeper into the combat mechanics and it feels great, chaining special moves is super satisfying and adds a lot to the risk reward system. I died to the last boss because I was getting reckless with chaining specials without realizing him being able to brave three times.

Can't wait to dig more into the system later, I've barely touched the different job combinations yet.

nin1000

Banned
Hey there fellow Bravely Default players !
I will be adding most if not all the players that are on the 1st Page ( will have to delete a few AC players ) in order to get the most out of this game.

Does anyone know where i can get the game cheap ? ( Living in germany btw)
Thanks for the help and let the leveling begin !

Wow my prediction of the dimension to the CE box was not very off, Elaugaufein XD.

Nope sorry ain't got the dimensions for the CE box, I have tried asking Shopto but they replied they didn't have an idea.

If I was to wager a guess, I'll say at max it's 2KG; dimension wise, it looks like the box it's probably, height about 30cm, widthdepth about 22cm and length width wise either 18cm or 20cm.
CE measurement, height wise 32cm, depth 22.5cm and 18cm width
BazrqhQIEAAsBQb.jpg:large

Laters thread ;P, maybe cya on the spoilers if I go nuts with progress =P

Yeah, I think Bravely Default might have damaged me permanently. Not being able to control battles with the d-pad only will be very awkward in the future.

Sendari

Neo Member
2 hours in already and I am already liking it, the japanese voice acting seems good

I don't really know how friends work in bravely default, I read the OT and I think I got the grasp of it, we'll see, I PM'ed my friend code to be added to the OT.

Here is my friend code : 0018-0177-6245 if anyone is interrested to have more friends :)

Stuart444

Don't have much time to play it just now but based on the mini-album OST... the music is amazing.

I just felt I had to say that.

Gambit

If someone want: 4983 4910 2883 liv 65 eu :D

I can oneshot all your problems :D

Added you as my lifeline. My code is 2793-0580-1871.

Also added a bunch more people from the second post and Aeana.

Sadly, so far I have been unable to get the game today! Might try again tonight, otherwise tomorrow. If I don't get it by tomorrow, I will download from the eShop.

Don't start playing this game whilst sitting on the toilet...unless you want to see a CGI anime girl running around your cock.

Seeing some of the pandering costumes in the game, I think this would not be a deterrent for many people.

LTWheels

A word of advice:

Don't start playing this game whilst sitting on the toilet...unless you want to see a CGI anime girl running around your cock.

OwlyKnees

Thinking of purchasing this today, but I have the same question for every JRPG I plan to purchase -

What's the ratio of dungeon crawling to story/town exploration/other activities that are not dungeon crawling? Also, do the same dungeons repeat often or are there a good variety?

Thanking you all!

Kater

Banned
Bigger thanI had expected it to be.

The people at the Game store were seriously impressed by the size of the box of the CE.

Dinda

I just received my Deluxe edition....this thing is soooo huge!

And the face of the figurine ...well let's not talk about that.

Gonna start playing now.

Tke skits are so much better now that they are animated ! It makes one hell of a difference from the original !
All the addition/improvements are really great, you can really feel that the developpers care for the game.
The french translation is top notch and I was pleasantly surprised by the english dub..;although I have now turned the voice off. I had the same problems with persona 4 : I read the text pretty fast so it's hard to wait for every sentence to end-and since it's not a very "cinematic" experience I feel allright with the "text-only-old-school" feeling.

McNum

Well, just started the game. Um... wow. Didn't expect it to open like that. Fantastic use of the 3DS.

(Yes, I'm spoiler tagging the opening.)
Airy pleading that she has something that I need to do, but to promise that I'll finish it. Then the AR card and BOOM. A huge Agnes is running around in a panic on my desk, pleading for anyone to help, then the ground swallows her. And the screen goes black.

Well, dang... Now THAT is how you open a game.

Yeah, I think Bravely Default might have damaged me permanently. Not being able to control battles with the d-pad only will be very awkward in the future.

Don't forget about L=A. The control scheme is fantastic.

Also, the scenarios on the demo are far from the prettiest this game has to offer. The first town is gorgeous.

I'm curious; with one-handed control schemes, what do you guys do with the other hand? I've never gamed like that before (tried in Pokemon, but didn't see the point). Do you guys multitask or do you just not like to use two hands?

mclem

It's arrived.

That is a ridiculously large box for a 3DS game. Definitely larger than my Arkham City box, possibly larger than my Arkham Origins box.

Top Bottom