• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

I haven't yet got a 3DS yet, but I'm thinking of getting one and getting this when it comes out in NA. I've gone through the OP and it sounds unique, but I am just trying to think of what I can most resemble the gameplay to for a better idea of what to expect and I'm coming up short. Is it more classic style turn based or a little more active? Any thoughts?

demonkaze

Got my copy finally. Have to say, shitty figure aside, i'm quite happy with the CE, the box is huge and the artbook is nice too.

Are people not phased by Lord Ghirahim's collection XD?

Here's the link
The artbook you can't really judge the scale but it's around A4 in size.

I think we're in too much awe to really react yet. It hasn't set in yet. Also, I'm jealous that the US CE edition apparently only gets that little white preorder art book that isn't much larger than the CD or game case. Even if the US CE price is less...
and no nightmare figure
Hnnnnnggg.

We've got confirmation on who voices Agnès Obilge, so as I kind of suspected, I'm sure localisation was done by Square-Enix NA's team, instead of NoE:
Vk3syaf.png

Asd202

We've got confirmation on who voices Agnès Obilge, so as I kind of suspected, I'm sure localisation was done by Square-Enix NA's team, instead of NoE:
Vk3syaf.png

Huh why not NoA?It would make sense as it's part of Nintendo publishing schedule. Other option is SE did the localization internally and Nintendo took care of marketing and publishing but I doubt it.

zroid

Banned
Huh why not NoA?It would make sense as it's part of Nintendo publishing schedule. Other option is SE did the localization internally and Nintendo took care of marketing and publishing but I doubt it.

Guessing Treehouse was too busy to work on it; they aren't a huge team. Might be Nintendo contracted Square Enix's localization department. Orrr they might've split the cost, somehow. Square Enix is using the localization in the Japanese release of FtS after all, which they are publishing themselves.

Danj

Those are just more or less useless items. It's really not worth the hassle if you already own the game, especially because the demo's quite long (to unlock all bonuses you'd need to play for roughly 5 hours?) and not part of the man game.

Not going to be owning the game for at least 2 weeks, payday's not till the 20th.

Labadal

This is the first time I'm happy that I didn't get the game on time. Having it here without being able to play would have been so (un)funny.

krossj

Picked up my copy earlier and played briefly. Hoping there is a lot more environments that look like the first town (from the trailers), beautiful style. The music is great so far also. Haven't gotten anything challenging with the combat yet but looking forward to mixing jobs especially after the demo.

Jump in again later on this evening.

turn off exp gain, only JP

3 physical attackers, 1 healer with lots of MP

find two myconids, attack them to summon two more so there are four

3 attack, 1 cure party

auto

D:

Asd202

Guessing Treehouse was too busy to work on it; they aren't a huge team. Might be Nintendo contracted Square Enix's localization department. Orrr they might've split the cost, somehow. Square Enix is using the localization in the Japanese release of FtS after all, which they are publishing themselves.

Hmm that would make sense.

Just played the game for 5 hours straight, it's so good. It's a little easy on normal though, I cleared the second dungeon
where you rescue the king from that knight
by just letting Ringabel brave 3 times and use attack... The bosses are a little harder but still nothing where you have to level up for or rethink a strategy. Does the game get harder or should I change the difficulty?

Never mind the statue, why is no-one moaning about the FUCKING SOLICITATION SHEET on the CE?

IT'S A GIANT STICKER SEALING THE BOX SHUT NOT A SHEET OF PAPER.

Do I keep it and be massively inconvenienced for the rest of my life or throw it away and spend the rest of my life living under a cloud because I have a 'collector's' edition without the complete original packaging?

Bravely Default Deluxe Collector's Edition: guaranteed to ruin your entire life, entirely.

[Sob.]

SunGod

Never mind the statue, why is no-one moaning about the FUCKING SOLICITATION SHEET on the CE?

Do I keep it and be massively inconvenienced for the rest of my life or throw it away and spend the rest of my life living under a cloud because I have a 'collector's' edition without the complete original packaging?

Bravely Default Deluxe Collector's Edition: guaranteed to ruin your entire life, entirely.

[Sob.]

Exactly how I feel about it. I've decided to take the game and cards out and seal it again with the sticker on the back. Another option would be to stick it on a piece of paper and keep that inside the box? Has anyone tried removing the PEGI sticker on the front yet? I want to, but don't want to ruin the box attempting it...

"Wow this thing went online, what do I do? One to play, one to keep as usual? Let's go cray cray". I was basically not thinking.

Haha! Fair enough :)

Zafir

[Sob.]

Yep, felt the same. I ended up just chucking it since sticky things just end up always being a pain anyway.

[Sob.]

Exactly how I feel about it. I've decided to take the game and cards out and seal it again with the sticker on the back. Another option would be to stick it on a piece of paper and keep that inside the box? Has anyone tried removing the PEGI sticker on the front yet? I want to, but don't want to ruin the box attempting it...
I took the advice of ThePeoplesBureau just peel that giant back sticker and stick it onto A4 sheets. Not pulled off the age ratings yet though.

"Wow this thing went online, what do I do? One to play, one to keep as usual? Let's go cray cray". I was basically not thinking.
Heh.
Yay.

ba0gh3gcyaa4lmbenz3a.jpg

The cover's quite pretty. And this is my first time playing a 3DS LL. It feels reeeeaaaally nice.

Have fun =D, it will be interesting to see your indepth opinion on the game after you finished =)

Zafir

I hate how the EU CE's contain boxes with that ghastly German rating board and every main EU language on the back. Yeah on the outside box, sure. However, the game case on the inside too? It just ruins the game case for me. :(

Edit: Did anyone else not get a quick start guide in the CE version of the game by the way? Game asking me for an AR thing out of it...

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Dis game man, soo good. The music the painted artstyle (which fits the 3D of the 3DS I'm surprised it's not used more) and opening. I've barely started playing and it's already left such a good impression.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Just got home with my EU collector's edition, the box is insanely good, so the artbook and cards. Statue is just terrible.

Started the game, loving the whole charming atmosphere, style, music, tight gameplay, short dungeons. Not liking so much for now the story/writing, reminiscent of tales game (wtf with those prompt conversations a la Tales of?) thus very childish/immature full of typical animu-jokes-comedy that I can't stand anymore at the age of 29. All the rest is very good. Micro-transictions are off-putting but I guess you can do without them... hopefully.

RPGs were doing party chat long before Tales.

Yeah, yeah I know but those of Tales are quite famous, almost a label for them. I usually don't like chats restricted to balloons/faces instead of proper cutscenes. Also there are so many already that break the flow of the gameplay. You're not forced to click them but I guess doesn't make sense skipping them either.

Aeana

Just got home with my EU collector's edition, the box is insanely good, so the artbook and cards. Statue is just terrible.

Started the game, loving the whole charming atmosphere, style, music, tight gameplay, short dungeons. Not liking so much for now the story/writing, reminiscent of tales game (wtf with those prompt conversations a la Tales of?) thus very childish/immature full of typical animu-jokes-comedy that I can't stand anymore at the age of 29. All the rest is very good. Micro-transictions are off-putting but I guess you can do without them... hopefully.

RPGs were doing party chat long before Tales.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

Yeah, yeah I know but those of Tales are quite famous, almost a label for them.

Age has nothing to do with that. I'm older than you and find them pretty funny so far. The characters

edit: oh didn't notice it was perfo, oh well. Ignore my post.

R.I.P

Absolutely in love with this game now, just got to the second continent.

BTW the villain theme is too good, can't get it out of my head!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Age has nothing to do with that. I'm older than you and find them pretty funny so far. The characters

edit: oh didn't notice it was perfo, oh well. Ignore my post.

What are the reasons are not important. I don't like this type of writing anymore, same reason why I can't watch anime anymore from centuries. Shounen anime at least. Studio Ghibli animes are still amazing... but things like Naruto, Bleach and co. are unbearable to me now. So Tales of and most of jRPGs. They just don't move me anymore nor make me smile. I remember a similar title that made me annoyed as hell was Valkirya Chronicles...

anyway except this the game's very good so I'm hooked.

daydream

Banned
Finally picked up a copy. Didn't have the time to go yesterday (well, actually I visited a random store, but the guy there didn't want to give it to me and his supervisor wasn't there etc. etc. Entscheidungsgewalt, blabla), so I had to wait till today. I guess anything's better than February am I right guys.

1. Thanks for bringing this game to my attention

2. Why did I have to discover this in Dec when it doesn't come out here until Feb? :(

just back from game here in brighton.
went with pre-order in hand & queued for far too long only to be told that they were under-shipped on their copies so, alas, i left empty-handed. the PAID for pre-order system they still employ turned into first-come, first-serve, negating the entire fucking thing.
utterly fuming.
i'll carry on with shopto or amazon or whatever from now on. no idea who i'll trade in my old stuff to though.

Top Bottom