• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

ramyeon

I thought I was over levelled and then the
Dragon in the cave where I'm getting the Rainbow Thread handed my ass to me. It's demo flashbacks all over again.

I was temporarily confused about how to open the Deluxe box D:

I didn't want to rip the sticker off the back in case it left part of it behind.

Anyway, gonna add as many people from the second post as I can, here's my info if people want to add me as well before I'm included in that post.

2793-0705-8188

Because I'm paranoid about this kind of thing: Are there any permanently missable items/ cutscenes/ abilities /etc ?

Also what are the two ???? mark options under AR Marker on the main menu ? People on Gamefaqs are curious as well.

Ibuki

Banned
I pulled the trigger on the JP release. Anything I should know before going in, I'm planning on using the english setting.

ramyeon

Played for about 8 hours today.
Just finished the second side quest and unlocked the Time Mage and Spell Fencer jobs.
I'm so indecisive about jobs that it stops me from trying new ones. Still running my Knight, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage party. Kind of interested in changing my Black Mage Edea to a Spell Fencer but there are a few more skills I want from Black Mage that I remember getting in the demo.

Those Nemesis battles are nasty. Also the difficulty settings make a huuuuge difference.

Fought Beezlebub (Recommended Level: 10) at Level 10/11 on Normal and got utterly whooped even using Summon Friend (thanks Jinko!) and Abilinking a bunch of people, did't get him below ~10% of his HP in 5 tries.
His Acid Shot ender to Gluttony killed everyone except my Bangled Monk even through Default, half the time). Maybe I'm overlevelled a bit for how far through the game I am, I could see the Level 2 White Mage spells making a decent difference.

Once I put the game on Easy he could barely hurt me and I pretty much stomped him.

ramyeon

I love experimenting with job combinations and abilities now. Made so easy since you can grind JP so quickly using sped up auto battles.

Thought Spell Fencer was average at first but then I took Edea through to lv 2 Knight to get 2 Handed and now she's destroying stuff as a two handed Spell Fencer.

Shahadan

I think I'm abusing Stomp. 8 Stomps at the start of every random battle is a little too easy.
I just have to remember not doing that against bosses :lol:

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Summon Friends is ridiculously op'd early on, but thanks for the help Glass Rebel! :)

ramyeon

Just beat the third sub quest and got the
Summoner asterisk.
Holy shit at that whole quest.
Not sure what was more disturbing... How mentally disturbed Mephilia is, the fact that those hairpins are dead fairy wings that turn the wearers crazy, the post fight dialogue with Mephilia coughing up blood and dying in front of you or the fact that those two little girls beat each other to death fighting over dead fairy wings... Yeah, it's definitely the last one... That got dark real quick.

Ok, the way you get Summons is really cool.
withstand an attack from that summon, the one in the cave east from Florende wrecked me :lol

Cerity

goddamn. spent about 40 minutes trying to find the secret passage in centro keep.

For some reason I thought it was definitely a secret switch thing, so I ran the entire floor spamming A until I actually walked into the passageway.

Majmun

Rebuilding the village is going to take 496066033 hours, I think. Holy shit.

I have street pass turned off. Can I hire more people without it?

Kuntz

Finally got the game, added fellow frenchmen (waru, yeshua, dsix, sendari) and added my name to the friendcode list (2638-0002-9383).

Lyonaz

Finally got the game in the mail, almost bought it digitally instead.

Can take my time with BD, because I already 100% Zelda: ALBW. Fun Times ahead!

hank_tree

I loved the demo so I'm going to go pick this up later today. If anyone wants to add me my FC is

0189-9624-2156

I've added everyone from OP on my end.

Kater

Banned
VA for the bad boys is hilarious.
Also, Edea being
part of the Sky Knights was unexpected to me. And her father is a Marshal or something?
Or did I get something mixed up?

Anyway, the story is good so far and I'm really enjoying the job system.

This game is so classic Final Fantasy instantly.

What I'd give for proper remakes of previous FF games like this or new ones from Square.
To think there are RPGs that are still deep, strategic and beautiful games in story and presentation in general is a massive feat.

Loving every second with this game. Can't wait for No. 3.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the 100 friends limit

Must erase some old ones to get my village up and running

Slixshot

Banned
so what's the overall consensus from this thread so far? I was looking at the 3ds lineup next year and this is one of the standouts. Curious as to how hyped I should be.

aravuus

Oh for fuck's sake, seems like no store has BD on stock. Should have just kept my pre-order, now I gotta order again and hope I'll get it by Tuesday or Wednesday

sharnaak

Beelzebub is probably the first good exemple of how the game can be a bit more about tactic and not just grind. It took me a couple of tries to understand how to not waste my brave turns and wait on default.

The only minus so far is having just 4 character I guess, I've always been a fan of big groups.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Friends in Bravely Default don't give you villagers. That's spotpass and streetpass. All friends give are Ablinks and Friend Summons.

Oh, I thought it was my friends who did that. Have to do it for summons then

Top Bottom