• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Leezard

You could build up Merchant and use the tip I gave a few pages back to make money fairly quickly.

On the talk of merchant, is the salesman skill bugged? I looked at my gold before a battle, sold a couple of items during battle, yet after the battle I only had my previous gold + the gold I got after the battle.

RpgN

I was so surprised to have a streetpass for this game a couple of days ago (through spotpass). Building the village is going to be a whole lot more fun :D Still waiting for the game to arrive (it's a Christmas present).

Busaiku

wUqYzjA.jpg

I like shorts more.

holysan

How do I get the Red Mage job? I can’t get past the event (repeats every night) where Tiz and Ringabel follow the couple. Finished ch. 2 already.

ramyeon

May need to change my Monk, finally. Served me well until now but his damage output is just to small now. Is thief any good at damage dealing? The others in my party are a Knight, Spell Fencer and White Mage.

Okay it looks like I'm definitely missing the first Beelzebub distribution for Japan. I guess I have to open one of my EUR copies and streetpass Beelzebub to my JP copy later?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Okay it looks like I'm definitely missing the first Beelzebub distribution for Japan. I guess I have to open one of my EUR copies and streetpass Beelzebub to my JP copy later?
Well, some friend could sent out to you later on, but I'm afraid I'm all out of lvl10 Beelzebubs, lvl57 are all I've got ; )

Are we (US) getting The Bravely Default for the sequel edition with microtransactions?

I sure hope not!

The only microtransactions I've seen are SP drinks, which are completely optional since you get SP from leaving your 3DS in sleep mode. After 15h of gameplay I've only used bravely second once, and I did it to complete a tutorial sidequest...

Up until when is the first Beelzebub distribution in Japan? I'll only get my copy early next week, I'd have hoped it would at least last a week before they pull the plug.

JimPanzer

guys how can I get into the great windmill in anchheim? it says I have to get there at night, but theres a guard standing in front of the door

sharnaak

May need to change my Monk, finally. Served me well until now but his damage output is just to small now. Is thief any good at damage dealing? The others in my party are a Knight, Spell Fencer and White Mage.

My experience with the thief has been good, changed from monk as well, picked up a mithril bow and a red hat and it was dealing more damage than my 2h knight. It needs some job level to start getting those 7/8 hits...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Nice wallpaper. Now all my desktops have 4HoL & BD wallpapers.

ramyeon

My experience with the thief has been good, changed from monk as well, picked up a mithril bow and a red hat and it was dealing more damage than my 2h knight. It needs some job level to start getting those 7/8 hits...
Thanks for the tips! Just trained him into both Thief and Hunter level 6. Might stick with hunter since it seems more physically oriented. He was doing great damage and wiping mobs with it.

The area with flower beds right outside Floren is perfect for job grinding. There are heaps of mobs that give around 30-40 jp per battle and can be wiped out in one turn easily. Just chuck on auto battle and sit back haha.

krrrt

I'm looking to get a good RPG for my 3DS and this being shiny and new I want to buy it.

On the other hand there's also Soul Hackers and Devil Survivor Overclocked that I want and as I only have money for one out of three I'm turning to GAF for advice.

I enjoy a good story a lot more than stat grinding, however rewarding that may be.

Cerity

The frequency of stat effectors is a little frustrating. I'm on the 2nd continent and after every battle I'm either removing blind or poison from at least one of my party members, usually 2.

Lyonaz

Man I'm loving the music in this game, I've been chilling in bed idling in the kingdom of caldisla just listening to its theme while browsing GAF on my phone.

Gonna return to my game now.

Heropon

I didn't want to grind but the Black Mage is forcing me to do it.
When are you going to learn the third tier of black magic? >:|

Hmm, I am not sure I understand how
Summoner
(Ch. 2 spoilers) works... Anyone care to explain a bit?

Remember the owl you saw where the wind crystal is? You gotta "challenge" them and resist an attack from the summon. Make sure to save beforehand.

Top Bottom