• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Hey, Samurai, I just sent a 9999 damage move.
I'm only level 34 but fire weapon spell + plants killer + 150% damage = wow.
Whoot hope it'll useful against the level 70 nemesis I should send it out to people now lol
So I've been playing with +100% encounter rate lol, I think I'm overlevelled now for where I am now lol.

daydream

Banned
Ringabel is basically Virion and I'm not a huge fan of Virion. That said, the little Casanova is destroying everything in his path right now as a Monk and the music playing during his special attack is amazing, so he's alright, I guess.

I'm rather intrigued by his backstory as well. I love what they did with the "Enigmatic writings" and I will definitely read them after I'm done with the game.

Aeana

Have you used codes for the costumes? Because I think you have to select them before you get them sent to your game.

http://special.member.jp.square-enix.com/bdfts/costume

You should check your code registration history too (link on the above page).

Thanks for that, that did help with the costume one. But I still don't have my Donnerjäger from the Dengeki code I registered, which does indeed show up in my code registration history.

ramyeon

I realise now that I should have spent more time levelling up the special moves and special moves parts shops in Norende :/ have the weapon and armor shops at max but I can't afford the highest level stuff there anyway lol.

Zornica

Banned
at first I though all characters have the same stats at the same level with the same job. but right now, my ringabel is kicking ass like there's no tomorrow, no matter what job he has.
or maybe I am just imagining it?

Iryx

Alright, I beat the game.

Didn't get the true ending though, triggered it in early chapter 6 due to curiosity, and after looking what I need to do to get the True Ending, I just want to cry.

Kouriozan

I just got Red Mage and Valkyrie job, and wow,
you really kill everyone in this game, you can even see little child dying (those 2 girl in the garden).
Unacceptable! :lol

And I know the story will only get better, or I should mean, twisted x)

Looking at the Abilinks available to me, I'm surprised that no one is getting Freelancer up to Level 10, for the extra JP ability, before grinding the other jobs past 10.

Zenaku

Thanks for that, that did help with the costume one. But I still don't have my Donnerjäger from the Dengeki code I registered, which does indeed show up in my code registration history.

I'm at a loss for that, as I don't have those codes. Has anyone else here received the weapon, or the other weapons, I wonder?

Looking at the Abilinks available to me, I'm surprised that no one is getting Freelancer up to Level 10, for the extra JP ability, before grinding the other jobs past 10.

I am, although I had to restart due to my D notepad glitching up; I currently have Edea nearly at lv7.

In the original Japanese version I used the JP up ability, and the accessory that doubles exp/jp, but I still didn't master all the jobs after 103 hours of playtime, so I want the JP up ability sooner this time round.

Jinko

I realise now that I should have spent more time levelling up the special moves and special moves parts shops in Norende :/ have the weapon and armor shops at max but I can't afford the highest level stuff there anyway lol.

Heh, I did exactly the same thing.

at first I though all characters have the same stats at the same level with the same job. but right now, my ringabel is kicking ass like there's no tomorrow, no matter what job he has.
or maybe I am just imagining it?

Odd, my Ringabel is always first to be face down in the dirt :S

Woo, second Nemesis (Asmodeus Rev Lvl 70) is out officially (rather than from Japanese Net Friend invites).

Hmm, given Beelzebub is unobtainable for new players now (and Streetpass density in terrible everywhere that isn't Japan), is anyone interested in setting up some kind of Nemesis hand out via HomePass ? Not quite sure how we'd do something like that but I'm giving it some thought.

I'm actually happy for Europe that they are getting this first. Feels like they get fucked so often with game releases that they deserve a break.

Jinko

Woo, second Nemesis (Asmodeus Rev Lvl 70) is out officially (rather than from Japanese Net Friend invites).

Hmm, given Beelzebub is unobtainable for new players now (and Streetpass density in terrible everywhere that isn't Japan), is anyone interested in setting up some kind of Nemesis hand out via HomePass ? Not quite sure how we'd do something like that but I'm giving it some thought.

I've set up a virtual relay on my PC, been getting nemesis quite regularly. (google macycle)

Just got a lvl 70 Asmodeus will share, not like I can beat it lol.

Rubixcuba

Banned
My copy has locked up twice in past hour :/
I bought my copy off the eShop and had similar issues with Fire Emblem. Anyone have any idea what problem might be?

I've set up a virtual relay on my PC, been getting nemesis quite regularly. (google macycle)

Yeah, I mean some kind of specific MAC address we use to give out specific Nemesis or something.
I'd love to get a hold of the level 57 Beelzebub some people have for example or to keep the Level 10 Beelze available for new players who wanted to see it.

It's not a big deal now where there's only 2 Nemesis , I'm guessing most people will keep sending out Beelze to keep him around until Asmo cycles out, then having away to reliably get the old ones will become more useful.

My copy has locked up twice in past hour :/
I bought my copy off the eShop and had similar issues with Fire Emblem. Anyone have any idea what problem might be?

Do you have a game card in the card slot ? My 3DS XL has problems with the card coming loose if the system gets jiggled too much, and it'll lock up the system if that happens sometimes.

SunGod

Alright, I beat the game.

Didn't get the true ending though, triggered it in early chapter 6 due to curiosity, and after looking what I need to do to get the True Ending, I just want to cry.

Just got to chapter 6, what do I need to do to get the "not true" ending? And if I view it can I go back and get the true ending without autosave kicking in and making me restart the game from the beginning to see the true ending?

So is there any post game stuff or is the nemesis pretty much it ?

As far as I can tell it uses the old school RPG setup, so there's no real "Post Game" , there's just stuff that you can do before the real final boss, including a bonus dungeon with a boss harder than the Final Boss. There's some cosmetic stuff (preview of the next game, costumes and save file markers) for clearing the game though and a NG+.

Just got to chapter 6, what do I need to do to get the "not true" ending? And if I view it can I go back and get the true ending without autosave kicking in and making me restart the game from the beginning to see the true ending?
Just keep mashing X when releasing a Crystal after Airy tells you to stop. I'd recommend copying the save file from the title menu first, I haven't done this personally so I don't know if the clear data from the "fake ending" forces you to the Final Chapter (skipping 7 & 8), I don't think it does though..

Jinko

Hmm this is starting to get really grindy, am stuck on the boss on the Grandship.

Is there some trick to this boss that I can't see lol.

Netto-kun

Oh hey, there we go~

zlCfzROIpGE8FpuAJK

Cerity

MGFtxiq.jpg

I'll be keeping tiz as a ranger forever purely because the front bit of the headpiece(?) moves about. It's rather entertaining in cutscenes.

Zenaku

So good! Any word on whether this is obtainable in the European version?

No clue. Someone did mention getting a costume/clothes after getting a building in Nolende to Lv11, even though they only go up to lv10 in the Japanese version, so if they were telling the truth that should be how to get them in the english version.

Oh, and Aeana, it seems Dengeki weapons can only be obtained after chapter

ramyeon

No clue. Someone did mention getting a costume/clothes after getting a building in Nolende to Lv11, even though they only go up to lv10 in the Japanese version, so if they were telling the truth that should be how to get them in the english version.

Oh, and Aeana, it seems Dengeki weapons can only be obtained after chapter

I believe old costumes from Flying Fairy can be obtained in both For the Sequel & EU release by getting some shop to level 11. Not sure for new costumes
Yeah I got the Onion Knight one from the Armour Store, but the Weapon Store just unlocked a weapon. Hopefully the other costumes are unlocked in the same way.

Yeah I got the Onion Knight one from the Armour Store, but the Weapon Store just unlocked a weapon. Hopefully the other costumes are unlocked in the same way.

You get something called "Knights Tunic" when you get the trader to level 11. I haven't unlocked it yet but it's the next one I'm working towards. Maybe that will be it?

Exentryk

Still doing the demo, but might as well prepare for the main game.

Please add:
FC: 4141-3340-5999

Going to start adding some people from the OP.

Arghhh!!

Just updated my game and got sent a level 70 boss Asmodeus. Definitely sending this guy out.

Oh, there's a Melodist's Shirt when you get the Accessory Shop to level 11. Not sure if I'll ever have the money to buy the special clothing though. :/

Sounds promising! Some day I may just have enough pg to buy even one of them :p
I didn't know you had to buy them, how much are they? I thought they would just unlock automatically when you finished upgrading

Arghhh!!

Just updated my game and got sent a level 70 boss Asmodeus. Definitely sending this guy out.

Just protect them so you can fight them when you're eventually strong enough

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yes! This should be fun now that miiverse is out.

ramyeon

I didn't know you had to buy them, how much are they? I thought they would just unlock automatically when you finished upgrading

Just protect them so you can fight them when you're eventually strong enough
The Onion Knight shirt is like 200,000pg haha. Like I said... some day. I assume they'll all be the same.

Saw that Melodist's Shirt (I'm guessing that's Ringabel's Composer costume) is unlocked by getting the Accessory Shop to 11 too. They should all be there I guess!

Top Bottom