• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Qurupeke

Can someone elaborate a bit...
Ch.4 subquest spoilers:

I just can't beat the vampire... Way too strong now... When I'll be able to do the subquest again? Someone asked but I want some more details about that.

SunGod

So my team is about level 38 (Chapter 3) and I just
beat the Automatons, but by the skin of my teeth.

Where is the best place to grind for a while at this level? I don't feel like I'm as strong as I need to be.

On the same floor (in fact the whole dungeon, but that floor seems to have more enemies per fight) everything is undead so spam phoenix downs, you can buy more from the Adventurer

Just started chapter
everyone is level 65 and I have both
egg accessories, let the grind begin

Can someone elaborate a bit...
Ch.4 subquest spoilers:

I just can't beat the vampire... Way too strong now... When I'll be able to do the subquest again? Someone asked but I want some more details about that.

You can do it again later, don't worry. I did it in chapter 4 but
my party got destroyed dozens of times before I won.

ramyeon

Samurai skills like Multitasking + Katana and sub job Swordmagic
Cool, I'm using the Swordmaster skill Multitask and Spell Fencer at the moment and it is pretty great. Love it when Multitask kicks in twice in a turn. Need an extra spot for the Katana mastery though.

Clegg

How do I unlock the red mage asterisk? I've met him at Florem and completed the contest thing. Now the marker on the world map is telling me he's in the town. But when I get there I see nobody.

JimPanzer

How do I unlock the red mage asterisk? I've met him at Florem and completed the contest thing. Now the marker on the world map is telling me he's in the town. But when I get there I see nobody.
you have to go to the back of the town in the night

Tak3n

Banned
well a big +1 to the developers for putting that option in of turning off random encounters, I was in a right mess down in a dungeon and was out of potions and I stupidly saved at the red guy where he says "only gets harder from here" and I though I was screwed and was looking at a complete restart, then I remembered reading about the option for no random encounters

/phew

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
well a big +1 to the developers for putting that option in of turning off random encounters, I was in a right mess down in a dungeon and was out of potions and I stupidly saved at the red guy where he says "only gets harder from here" and I though I was screwed and was looking at a complete restart, then I remembered reading about the option for no random encounters

/phew

There's also a teleport item so you can get out of the dungeon quick. Never leave town without one! Not that it matters much in this game though compared to other games.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
There's also a teleport item so you can get out of the dungeon quick. Never leave town without one! Not that it matters much in this game though compared to other games.

Gotta pay money for that or hope it drops. You can could however get it for free from periodically from the village minigame.

Grampasso

you have to go to the back of the town in the night
Hope you can do that also in later chapters since I went all the way to the ship and didn't want to go back to the town on foot when I realized there was not a port on that side of the lake and skipped it at all

Crap, I'm on holiday in Japan and I bought For The Sequel, but I can't import my save because I forgot to bring my Flying Fairy cartridge. But afterI get home and upload the save, I'll be missing out on all the Streetpasses that are so easy to get in Japan. On the bright side, at least I already completed building the village in the previous version.

daydream

Banned
My reaction to the new nemesis:

zlCfzROSrlQy-PuBX3

j/k that guy is way too OP for me atm :p

Netto-kun

Dumb question but how are folks posting screens from 3DS? I have an idea on WiiU but not so much here.

Also netto friend add me!

2363-5859-9572

Zenaku too please. And whatever your codes are. I need more friends!
Instructions on how to grab 3DS screenshots right here. Here's mine, probably won't bother with playing my EU copy: 1478 - 3663 - 3445 (JP)

This was my team back when I beat Flying Fairy (Agnès w/ WM commands, Tiz w/ Thief commands, Edea w/ Knight commands and Ringabel w/ BM commands):
zlCfzROTeRgoJkmmKM

Apologies if this has come up previously - but can someone with the Japanese physical version (For The Sequel) please confirm that in-game text can be set to English? And that this reflects throughout the whole game, not just initial/setup menus? Thanks in advance!

Netto-kun

Apologies if this has come up previously - but can someone with the Japanese physical version (For The Sequel) please confirm that in-game text can be set to English? And that this reflects throughout the whole game, not just initial/setup menus? Thanks in advance!
I have the digital download version of For the Sequel (which should be the same as the physical). And yes, the English/French/German/Italien/Spanish texts are reflected throughout the whole game.

zlCfzROUKVs1s7hptA

I have the digital download version of For the Sequel (which should be the same as the physical). And yes, the English/French/German/Italien/Spanish texts are reflected throughout the whole game.

zlCfzROUKVs1s7hptA

That's great, thanks for confirming.

Last question: Does the physical version include everything? From what I've read, the digital version of FTS was cheap on the Japanese eshop, as you had to have the original FF to use it... is that correct?

Aeana

I feel the need to clarify that the Japanese version can be set to those languages, but the title screen and SE Members/data copy/delete/etc. threads are Japanese only. You can also only start a game in Japanese. You can't change the language until you can access the config menu in-game. Fortunately there's an event viewer so you can watch what you missed in your newly-selected language after that. But it isn't perfect.

There's also some stray strings that remain in Japanese, like on the menu that has the tutorial quests on it. Achievements, etc. remain in Japanese.

galvenize

Don't level Freelancer they said, it sucks they said... True enough, until you reach end game.
The lvl 14 ability is probably one of the best in the game and it's the only job(?) that needs 9999 points from level 13 to 14.

Jinko

Don't level Freelancer they said, it sucks they said... True enough, until you reach end game.
The lvl 14 ability is probably one of the best in the game and it's the only job(?) that needs 9999 points from level 13 to 14.

Yea, don't level it, it sucks, but add a friend who has levelled it instead :D

This scene looks stunning in 3D.
zlCfzROWQakYxjs-x6

Peff

It's translation goof time! The Spanish description for Auto-Aspir Blade is "Absorbs physical attacks", which made me go "Wha...!?" since it's just one slot, but as it turns out it's just stealing MP as the name says :(

EDIT: English is using Aspir as a verb, so I guess that's where the confusion came from. The more you know!

Morokh

Just played a bit of the demo and the intro (until you get the second character).

The presentation of this game is already top notch but 3D REALLY adds another layer of awesome, I think it might well be my favorite use of the feature so far.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

I though that was obvious, the class ability implies it's a class that only really shines when you have multiple jobs maxed.

Labadal

I have a question regarding how to add friends in the game. Every single time I try to add friends from the travelling fellow, I get an error message after it has searched for a while. Adding friends to my 3DS friends list is working, but not in-game. I have 7 guests but 0 friends.

graphure

(Already following you! :)

=D Love seeing everyone's experience on Bravely Default lol, not too much frequent posting on the thread seems to be a good thing as I'm sure everyone's enjoying it XD

I have a question regarding how to add friends in the game. Every single time I try to add friends from the travelling fellow, I get an error message after it has searched for a while. Adding friends to my 3DS friends list is working, but not in-game. I have 7 guests but 0 friends.

They'll need to be playing the game, in order to get villagers, friends cannot be added by travellers due to the need for you and them to add each other as well as, these error are due to 3DS friend functionality to ensure you don't get weird people adding you etc.

Gambit

My game finally, finally shiped from amazon.uk.

Please, please let me get it tomorrow.

I feel like I am letting everyone in this thread down by not sending out my characters yet!

Labadal

=D Love seeing everyone's experience on Bravely Default lol, not too much frequent posting on the thread seems to be a good thing as I'm sure everyone's enjoying it XD

They'll need to be playing the game, in order to get villagers, friends cannot be added by travellers due to the need for you and them to add each other as well as, these error are due to 3DS friend functionality to ensure you don't get weird people adding you etc.

I see. My firends list is full of people playing BD, I thought it was only a matter of adding them from the save menu. Oh well.

I see. My firends list is full of people playing BD, I thought it was only a matter of adding them from the save menu. Oh well.
Hmmm you should be able to get them, have you not chosen the "Update data" option? And have you made your own sent move/profile part within the game?

SunGod

Chapter 6 now
The summoner, valkyrie and ranger couldn't be rematched (I beat them in chapter 5 for what was the second time) are they meant to be missing this time around?

Top Bottom