• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Shane

Last night I did something I haven't done in a long time... I grinded. And it was strangely engrossing. The auto attack setup, encounter percentage and fast forward makes all the difference.

Can see myself putting a couple of hours in a night in bed. Charming title so far.

aravuus

Oh hey, there we go~

zlCfzROIpGE8FpuAJK

Holy shit you need 5000jp to on level 13 already? Sounds harsh

ZeroX03

Banned
Holy shit you need 5000jp to on level 13 already? Sounds harsh

The JP from Level 8 to Level 9 is 800. From Level 9 to 10 is 3500.

It'd be a balancing measure, I assume the last couple of levels have the late/post game skills that'd be broken if you got them too early.

Hedge

I don't know if I'm just very bad at the game or not - but how am I supposed to beat
Mephilia the Summoner
? Her
summon
knocks out most of my characters, with her adds then swiftly taking the last out. I assume her attack is earth based, and I don't have anything to suppress earth damage.

This game...THIS GAME. Oh Final Fantasy, how I've missed you so. Even if it's just for a brief moment, thank you for giving me this feeling again.

I've waited since FFX for this, I might have gotten a little love for Square Enix back now. Not that it could have sunk any lower, but still.

I don't know if I'm just very bad at the game or not - but how am I supposed to beat
Mephilia the Summoner
? Her
summon
knocks out most of my characters, with her adds then swiftly taking the last out. I assume her attack is earth based, and I don't have anything to suppress earth damage.

What level are you at? And what job level? And what jobs are you using? Turning the encounter rate to +100% and grinding a bit usually helps, but you need to be effective with that otherwise you'll waste too much time.

nasos_333

I'm actually happy for Europe that they are getting this first. Feels like they get fucked so often with game releases that they deserve a break.

The problem is that the two major releases i wanted from 3DS, Layton Azran and Bravely Default, come months earlier in Europe

The others i would not care so much about

The funny part is that i live in Europe and have a US 3DS i got in my post doc in US

The good news is that i get the artbook from Japan today :)

Cerity

Man I just did the performer fight and that was one big pain in the ass. Constant p-def debuffs, constant p-atk/def buffs on their side. Luckily my redmage could use level 3 spells or else it would have been a hell of a lot more annoying.

nasos_333

Why, oh why god

Cant we all have Bravely Default

Why release just to one place

And bring tears to every other face

Oh Nintendo if you please

Hurry this (to USA) release

Holiday was the best time to game

Anything else is feeling lame

Localization has already been finished and done

Why, oh why, cant we all have some fun ?

fionel

My biggest problem with the original JP release was with the repetitive nature of the last chapters. I was put off by it so much that I simply could not bring myself to finish the game. Just ordered FTS and I hope the added events and gameplay balance would make it more durable!

Can't wait to hear more impressions from people who are in those chapters too

Tak3n

Banned
Why, oh why god

Cant we all have Bravely Default

it does seem daft, I am guessing they wanted to see how it sold, but the fact shops don't seem to be carrying it and only on the Internet here in the UK, they have obviously not shipped many copies

Why, oh why god

Cant we all have Shin Megami tensei 4

Because EVERYBODY HURTS ! ;-)

NekoFever

I only started playing this yesterday. A few times I've been admiring those gorgeous shots of towns and waiting for something to happen, only to remember to move the stick and getting that zooming effect. So pretty.

As far as I can tell it uses the old school RPG setup, so there's no real "Post Game" , there's just stuff that you can do before the real final boss, including a bonus dungeon with a boss harder than the Final Boss. There's some cosmetic stuff (preview of the next game, costumes and save file markers) for clearing the game though and a NG+

WAIT ?! So there is a preview of Bravely Second ?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm about 3 hours in and I can't believe how much I'm loving this game. The battle system is just so awesome. The graphics are really beautiful with great 3D. The story seems a little generic so far but that's fine. The characters are generally fun at least. I was surprised at just how much I'm enjoying it. Seems crazy they didn't localize it as soon as possible. Hopefully it sells well.

tofupants

Neo Member
This game really is the bees knees...kinda has all the things you want from a modern rpg that also understands why those of that loved FF7, 9, 6 etc loved those games.

(also been busy friending from the list on the first page so pm me if you want an add also)

As an aside i sprung for the deluxe edition not knowing how BIG the box was...it's enormous...and I was on a bike...safely home but wow! Lovely edition with the art book in particular worth it.

kiryogi

Banned
Mephilia the Summoner
? Her
summon

Bit odd. . .
I just cleared her and she didn't even get to summon. She got badly facerolled by Spell Fencer Edea and Ringabel if anything. LV25 here. I was a little disappointed she didn't put up much of a fight.

tofupants, you've been added

ramyeon

This game got really unforgiving really quickly. Level 55 and in the Earth Temple, I had no issues with most bosses until now so I went around with encounters off most of the time and just took out all the bosses. Now I'm in the Earth Temple and decide to grind a bit because the boss destroyed me and even the random encounter enemies are killing party members in 1 or 2 hits. What the hell? :(

Qurupeke

Ch. 4 Subquest:
Just holy shit... The dragons are a lot of trouble. Tiz receives 1hp damage while everyone dies and it's difficult to revive+heal them. I don't want Tiz to be like 2-3 levels ahead. >_< Also, I hope the castle isn't that big too... I got bored traveling all over the world searching for the keystones... Thanks god I have the Grandship...

Kater

Banned
So I just tried to make a screenshot and upload it to Miiverse but it somehow doesn't work.

I have to press L + R at the same time to make a screenshot in BD (or any of the other games that are supported), right?

So I just tried to make a screenshot and upload it to Miiverse but it somehow doesn't work.

I have to press L + R at the same time to make a screenshot in BD (or any of the other games that are supported), right?

Screenshots in Miiverse can only be of your currently paused game. So if you were playing BD, hit the HOME button, open Miiverse, and you'll have the option to attach a screengrab of whatever was on your screen in BD when you pressed the HOME button.

Kater

Banned
Screenshots in Miiverse can only be of your currently paused game. So if you were playing BD, hit the HOME button, open Miiverse, and you'll have the option to attach a screengrab of whatever was on your screen in BD when you pressed the HOME button.
Aha, okay. That definitely clears things up. Thanks!

Jacobbles

So my team is about level 38 (Chapter 3) and I just
beat the Automatons, but by the skin of my teeth.

Where is the best place to grind for a while at this level? I don't feel like I'm as strong as I need to be.

Qurupeke

Btw, the knight tunic (the costume that Agnes wears in my avatar) is the reward for the item shop at level 11. Now, I just hope the newest bunch of costumes is obtainable in the game...

JimPanzer

So my team is about level 38 (Chapter 3) and I just
beat the Automatons, but by the skin of my teeth.

Where is the best place to grind for a while at this level? I don't feel like I'm as strong as I need to be.

lvl 38 is fine. I was at that level too when I beat the automatons, now I'm around lvl 43 and presumably near the end of chapter 3 - never felt too weak. one side quest boss gave me a bit of trouble (you will know which when you hit him), but after trying different tactics I've beat him in my 3rd try.

Leezard

So what sort of team are people using?
I'm running a defensive composition with :
Valkyrie / Freelancer,
Hunter / Thief,
Performer / Black mage,
Salve maker / white mage.
It is really useful against bosses as I can outlast just about anything, but it's kind of rough against regular random battles since I often don't want to bother setting up my defensive and offensive buffs, and killing everything in one turn requires my black mage to 4x Fira or my Salve maker to use 4x offensive items.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Btw, the knight tunic (the costume that Agnes wears in my avatar) is the reward for the item shop at level 11. Now, I just hope the newest bunch of costumes is obtainable in the game...

The increased level cap for shop building makes sense now.

ramyeon

jcaQtNS.jpg

Mastered my first job! Any recommendations on what to switch to now? Preferably something that I can keep Valkyrie as my Job Command. Kinda hesitant to switch because Valkyrie with Spell Fencer Job Command has worked so well for me, but it'd be a waste of JP not to switch now.

Kater

Banned
Cool! So is it just an alternative costume with no effects then? Or does it boost some stats?

Imagine the bunny suit giving you a boost to Evasion and Agility, hahaha

kiri

Quick question. Just bought For the Sequel and I'm living in Japan. I'm seeing comments about extra costumes and Dengeki...can someone fill me in on that?

ramyeon

zlcfzroqv4kxvnx03_i8rcf.jpeg

One more down. NO idea where to take Ringabel through now, any recommendations would be great. Edea as well (Currently got her as Ninja with Spell Fencer Command and it's working out okay though!)

Top Bottom