• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Jinko

About sent moves, how does it work, I noticed that if summon someone's it will grey out, so is this refreshed when the person updates or when they resend a new move ?

Can I just stick with a good move of mine and then just update is what I'm asking I guess.

The Auto features becomes less and less useful, its a pain inputting so much for every turn, really wish there was some AI involved with auto :S

About sent moves, how does it work, I noticed that if summon someone's it will grey out, so is this refreshed when the person updates or when they resend a new move ?

Can I just stick with a good move of mine and then just update is what I'm asking I guess.
Yep works that way, you use it once, you'll need that person to update and send it again to use it.

And yes you can stick to one move you really like if you want.

Iryx

Chapter 6 now
The summoner, valkyrie and ranger couldn't be rematched (I beat them in chapter 5 for what was the second time) are they meant to be missing this time around?

You can rematch them as part of a subquest that opens up after three crystals have been awakened.

Kouriozan

Alright, got the JP up ability for everyone, if someone need it for one of his character, just add me, here is my FC : 2363-5620-4489.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Apparently Abilink is neato and I should try it out... and it works with JP 3DSes + EU 3DSes.

I'm not far along at all because I've been busy, but my JP FC is: 2122 - 6981 - 7280 if anyone's interested. Er, quote or PM me if you do add so I can add you back.

Kouriozan

So I got 2 level 11 building in Norende, I think I got 2 costumes, right?
How to you equip them?

Edit: nevermind, you still have to buy them :( Need more money.

Apparently Abilink is neato and I should try it out... and it works with JP 3DSes + EU 3DSes.

I'm not far along at all because I've been busy, but my JP FC is: 2122 - 6981 - 7280 if anyone's interested. Er, quote or PM me if you do add so I can add you back.
I need more friends so I'm adding you :)

kiryogi

Banned

2363-5859-9572

Add me Schala!

galvenize

I though that was obvious, the class ability implies it's a class that only really shines when you have multiple jobs maxed.

The ability I'm talking about is an active one gained at the job's max level.
The ability:
"Mimic", copies the previous action done by any of your allies or yourself for free.
If you take Pirate's Amped Strike (deals four time normal damage for half your max MP), you can basically do that move 4 times in a single turn instead of twice(Amped Strike > Mimic > Mimic > Mimic), paying only the price of one. Damage galore.

SunGod

You can rematch them as part of a subquest that opens up after three crystals have been awakened.

Thanks!

I've gotten all characters to level 99 and maxed around 10 jobs for each. It doesn't take very long at all:
Island NE of Florem, you can fight Rafflesia enemies (amongst others) which I just beat with repeated use of Crescent Moon. If you can kill them all in the first turn you get a nice boost to the EXP, with the Growth Egg I was getting around 16k EXP per battle and over 999 JP.

Exentryk

Will add when I get home. Mine is 4141-3340-5999.

galvenize

I don't recommend duel handling but I thought this looked cool

5IDsa.jpg

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
The B&W duo aka Victoria and Victor don't know what's coming for them. Those guys are sooo annoying.

Exentryk

That does look cool. Also, having two weapons is better imo since you get two attempts at critical hits and 'not missing' the target.

Torraz

I feel the need to clarify that the Japanese version can be set to those languages, but the title screen and SE Members/data copy/delete/etc. threads are Japanese only. You can also only start a game in Japanese. You can't change the language until you can access the config menu in-game. Fortunately there's an event viewer so you can watch what you missed in your newly-selected language after that. But it isn't perfect.

There's also some stray strings that remain in Japanese, like on the menu that has the tutorial quests on it. Achievements, etc. remain in Japanese.

I have the Japanese version in my backlog (one of the next few games I'll get to...).

Are there any other known differences? (that might make it worth to double dip). Perhaps in balance, or needing to grind etc?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Second "dungeon" - already getting into trouble with the orc leaders and what not

Monk, White Mage x 2

Is that a terrible party set up early on?

Oregano

Hmm after playing the game for over ten hours I've noticed that whilst the game is clearly a spiritual successor to the FF series it really seems to take a lot from the Tales series. The party chat feature is the most obvious influence but I think the tone of the game is very similar to Tales and weirdly some of the environments remind me of Tales.

Leezard

Dual Wielding is great on Ninja.

Chapter 5...
God damn.. Are you guys going around and defeating every boss again for the sub quests?? Is it even worth it?

Some of them can be a good challenge, and there is a decent reward:
999 JP for each fight.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Second "dungeon" - already getting into trouble with the orc leaders and what not

Monk, White Mage x 2

Is that a terrible party set up early on?
Not terrible per se, but you might need more offensive.

ramyeon

Some of them can be a good challenge, and there is a decent reward:
999 JP for each fight.
Aha I see. JP isn't a huge issue since I've mastered a lot of jobs already. Might give them a shot for the challenge. There's just so many though!

Also I was reading a thread on GameFAQs about the costumes and...
someone said you can unlock the Bravo bikini in a chapter 4 sub quest? I didn't get that, is it true and if so is it doable in a later chapter?

Also has anyone found out which shop gives Edea's Praying Brage costume yet?

Iryx

Aha I see. JP isn't a huge issue since I've mastered a lot of jobs already. Might give them a shot for the challenge. There's just so many though!

someone said you can unlock the Bravo bikini in a chapter 4 sub quest? I didn't get that, is it true and if so is it doable in a later chapter?

You get the Bravo Bikini after the Red mage rematch in Chapter 5.

Leezard

Ah, I thought we would have relatively similar job points since we were in a similar place in the story, but I have only mastered two or three jobs. So, they were quite useful for me.

ramyeon

You get the Bravo Bikini after the Red mage rematch in Chapter 5.
Oh good to know, since I'm on that chapter now! Thanks :)
Ah, I thought we would have relatively similar job points since we were in a similar place in the story, but I have only mastered two or three jobs. So, they were quite useful for me.
I tend to get carried away when grinding haha.

Chapter 5...
God damn.. Are you guys going around and defeating every boss again for the sub quests?? Is it even worth it?

There are a fair amount or new events during each cycle, and some bosses are even slightly different. Doesn't take very long to be honest.

Qurupeke

Chapter 5...

Yeah...Kinda annoying but at least they aren't that hard. A couple of minutes for each.

By the way, I managed to gather 200.000 and bought the extra costume. :3

zlCfzROZ6hAM4-T6TL

ramyeon

Yeah...Kinda annoying but at least they aren't that hard. A couple of minutes for each.

By the way, I managed to gather 200.000 and bought the extra costume. :3

zlCfzROZ6hAM4-T6TL
Nice! I've saved up about 700k now, waiting till I can get the Composer costume for Ringabel and the Praying Brage one for Edea before I blow it on anything else haha.

ramyeon

Combat Item shop .. I think

Should have the village finish tonight :D
Typical, the only one I haven't started working on :p

Chapter 5 spoilers.
Is it possible to go back and do the Vampire job side quest? I skipped it since it was giving me way too much trouble...

I tried Friend Summon on the Black Mage boss...and killed him in one hit. Oops.
Now, I saw we can only have 20 friends in BDFTS, even if you have more that actually own the game as friend in your 3DS...it's a bit disappointing.

Other than that, the game's a blast!

ramyeon

Yes you can
Great :) I'd be kicking myself if I missed it.

Anyone have any good job combinations they're using?

So far the best I've come across is Ninja/Spell Fencer using Swordmaster support abilities, my Edea is just destroying stuff with it.

My Tiz is a Templar/Spell Fencer and he's decent, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Agnes is a Spiritmaster/White Mage and while she's great for healing/buffing she doesn't do much else... anyone have any better ideas?

Ringabel is a work in progress... I had him as a Pirate/Monk and he was dealing pretty decent damage but probably not near what he's capable of. Now I've taken him through and mastered Red Mage and was thinking about pairing that with Summoner. What do you guys think?

I've heard of people making combinations that deal 9999 damage and none of my party are near that yet, despite being pretty high level (72).

Jinko

Great :) I'd be kicking myself if I missed it.

Anyone have any good job combinations they're using?

Currently using Ringabel with Knight/Spell fencer, 2 Handed, 20% P'atk and Anti Paralysis (switch this out depending on what I'm fighting though), its working quite well.

Agnés is Spiritmaster/Whitemage which makes for a pretty good healer. (Her lvl 3 special ability does wicked damage though, too bad it takes ages to charge up)

kiryogi

Banned
So I only realized why they censored Edea's Bikini... She's 15 in the Japanese version, but 18 here... Yikes. Then again some discussion out there says that is like age of consent over there. It's still a warmed censor considering the lead up to it. That said, also confirmed the JP version remains uncensored, so it's EU and probably US that gets that treatment.

SunGod

About to finish Chapter
7, I like how they changed from single boss battles to group ones, some of the conversations between bosses was fun too.

Level 99, around 10 jobs mastered each.

If you want to blitz through the game:
Three characters are Dark Knights and have Phoenix Flight from Monk. You must have as high HP as possible (anything over 9999 ideally. Get there using HP+10/20/30% from Monk. Use Phoenix Flight to do 9999 damage (if you have more than 10,000 HP, and then Minus Strike (Dark Knight ability) to do your max HP minus your current HP (which will be 1 after Phoenix Flight) for 9999 damage again. I keep my fourth character (Agnes) as a Spiritmaster with White Magic. Equip Holy One from Spiritmaster and Epic Group-Cast from White Mage to see Curaga heal 9999 to everyone each round.

I haven't really tested out Freelancer and the Mimic command but I imagine you can use Double Damage from Pirate and mimic that for free...

For those interested I now have Level 10 Freelancer (JP Up) available on my Abilinks (my FC stuff is in the 2nd Post). My pool is a lot narrower (only Freelancer / Monk / White Mage/ Black Mage) than other candidates for general utility though, since I used Abilinks for my multi-job ability needs and have been to lazy to do the trivial grinding to get the other jobs up to 9. Will do it in the next couple of days once I have JP UP on everyone. Have at least level 9 on everything I have access to now (which is everything through end of Chapter 2 + Pirate at this stage)

Looks the same in my town. Are there cool rewards/drops for getting rid of them or is it just a few pgs and XP like in every normal battle?

Beelze at least occasionally drops random items that permanently raise stats (I've got a Mind Bun and a Dexterity Bun from him), it doesn't look like you can get then in game normally since they have no D's Journal entry.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The ability I'm talking about is an active one gained at the job's max level.
The ability:
"Mimic", copies the previous action done by any of your allies or yourself for free.
If you take Pirate's Amped Strike (deals four time normal damage for half your max MP), you can basically do that move 4 times in a single turn instead of twice(Amped Strike > Mimic > Mimic > Mimic), paying only the price of one. Damage galore.

I know I was saying it was obviously class that benefits more in endgame and would likely have abilities that complimented that fact. It's pretty much built as the end game class.

Aeana

Is JP Up that useful? I had it on some of my party for awhile and the boost was pretty minimal.

Absolutely, especially once you're out of the beginning of the game. It's a 120% increase, so you'll really start to feel it once you're earning over 10 JP per fight, but it gets much higher than that later on.

ramyeon

Absolutely, especially once you're out of the beginning of the game. It's a 120% increase, so you'll really start to feel it once you're earning over 10 JP per fight, but it gets much higher than that later on.
I'm at lv 72 and grinding jobs up and the boost was really minimal. Say I get 500 JP from the fight, that's only 100 JP extra. I guess it's better than nothing, but it's not amazing like I thought it would be.

Kater

Banned
Beelze at least occasionally drops random items that permanently raise stats (I've got a Mind Bun and a Dexterity Bun from him), it doesn't look like you can get then in game normally since they have no D's Journal entry.
Beelzebub is the head with the wiggling tentacles, right?
I'll try battling one.

Aeana

I'm at lv 72 and grinding jobs up and the boost was really minimal. Say I get 500 JP from the fight, that's only 100 JP extra. I guess it's better than nothing, but it's not amazing like I thought it would be.

I'd say that's a pretty big increase, personally.

Top Bottom