• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

On the topic of JP increases:

How do the Eggs work ? Do they apply only to the character they are equipped to or to the entire party, and if they apply to the entire party can you use multiple eggs to get a larger increase than from a single egg ?

Beelzebub is the head with the wiggling tentacles, right?
I'll try battling one.

Yup.

Jinko

Hehehe

zlCfzROek8AHoyvc3D

Crescent Moon is proving ridiculously good for grinding.

Encounter Rate to Max, Equip a Taunt Bangle.

2 party members with 2 handed and a spear/staff and Acroatics, Brave -> Crescent Moon -> Crescent Moon , Brave -> Crescent Moon -> Crescent Moon, Default, Default. Auto. Fast Forward to Max.

Hold Circle Pad in Down Position and press A when required.

Lulz.

ETA - I like the ability to turn off Exp Gain, :my grinding to get the Jobs up was giving me stupid amounts of levels and I don't want to trivialize the game. It's a nice touch.

Cerity

wow, there isn't any exp/job/pg multiplier going from easy/normal/hard. I changed normal to hard hoping there was, the numbers didn't change so I changed to easy to check. Guess I'll be changing it to easy whenever I want to grind more.

ramyeon

wow, there isn't any exp/job/pg multiplier going from easy/normal/hard. I changed normal to hard hoping there was, the numbers didn't change so I changed to easy to check. Guess I'll be changing it to easy whenever I want to grind more.
Yeah I've been putting it on Easy to grind, makes for MUCH less trips to the Inn and I don't have to worry so much about periodic healing so I can just do something else while mindlessly pressing A every so often.

I'm glad I have Jinko as a friend in my game lol.

Using friend summons feels too much like cheating though.

Seeing people in my friends list 50+ while I'm around lvl 25 makes me feel bad.

Tak3n

Banned
so I unlocked that guy who throws money at you (chapter 2) I started to level his job, but it seems a bit rubbish

buy to crit etc, make a enemy buy from you...

does it get better?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just three hours in, still getting the hang of the basics as I'm still caught up in Hero Mode ALBW and SM3DW

At least I've gotten to the point where I have a full team, and some more offensive characters.

Yeah I've been putting it on Easy to grind, makes for MUCH less trips to the Inn and I don't have to worry so much about periodic healing so I can just do something else while mindlessly pressing A every so often.

Sounds fun!

Cerity

teeny

I cant seem to update my streetpass profile thing. I've checked the manual and can't find how to do it. So, at the risk of sounding stupid, can someone here please tell me?

Kater

Banned
The sidequests in Florem are pretty fun but what's up with the
'Red'
guy?
I just land at the inn with Ringabel every morning again whenever I trigger the scene with
him and the girl
near the stage.
Is the game glitched or can I only progress in this 'quest' after following the main quest a bit more?

Kouriozan

The sidequests in Florem are pretty fun but what's up with the
'Red'
guy?
I just land at the inn with Ringabel every morning again whenever I trigger the scene with
him and the girl
near the stage.
Is the game glitched or can I only progress in this 'quest' after following the main quest a bit more?

Did you talk to the other girl with the blue "!" before meeting Red?
I did that and the first night he disappeared, then the second night Edea came to help.

Oh and I just got the Ninja job, that quest was really well done!

Kater

Banned
Did you talk to the other girl with the blue "!" before meeting Red?
I did that and the first night he disappeared, then the second night Edea came to help.

Oh and I just got the Ninja job, that quest was really well done!
Is the other exclamation mark the girl I have to talk to? I thought it was another quest and didn't want to accept it until I am done with the 'Red' quest.

So, any news about the "preview of the next game" that is supposed to be in the post-game contents ? I read this in this forum, surprised nobody talked about it... Is it true ?

Thanks ! Well I only watched the first seconds. I'll see it for myself when I will complete the game. Great news !
Is it in the "for the sequel" version only or also in the PAL version ? I own the original 2012 BD jp version and the PAL version.

Grampasso

Is JP Up that useful? I had it on some of my party for awhile and the boost was pretty minimal.
What? Is that a Freelancer ability? I only leveled Tiz on it up to get Divining Rod, but if it's like 1-2 jobs after I may well think to get it for all the characters :O

ramyeon

Thanks ! Well I only watched the first seconds. I'll see it for myself when I will complete the game. Great news !
Is it in the "for the sequel" version only or also in the PAL version ? I own the original 2012 BD jp version and the PAL version.
The PAL version is FtS, so yeah it's in both.
What? Is that a Freelancer ability? I only leveled Tiz on it up to get Divining Rod, but if it's like 1-2 jobs after I may well think to get it for all the characters :O
Yeah it's level 10 Freelancer if I'm remembering correctly.

Firebrand

Is this a tedious game? Tried the demo a bit, really nice art and I love customizing my party with jobs, cosmetics etc. I'm not perhaps a huge fan of random encounters and traditional FF battles, but can deal with it if the game offers options for builds etc.

aravuus

The postman came and didn't bring me my Bravely Default! Arghhhh!

I feel like RPGcrazied in his wait for Xenoblade.

´The postman came and brought me my BD!

Yes yes yesssss I don't think I need to bother with any uni stuff for a couple of days either, time to play Bravely Default 24/7

Gambit

´The postman came and brought me my BD!

Yes yes yesssss I don't think I need to bother with any uni stuff for a couple of days either, time to play Bravely Default 24/7

This is completely unprecedented, but the postman just rang the doorbell and came a second time. He forgot he still had a package for me and, lo and behold, Bravely Default just arrived!!!

So once again we are in the same boat. Happy playing!

teeny

You do it via the friends menu in your party menu, not the save one.

When I go there, I still see my level 1 Tiz and cannot seem to change anything except the comment on my profile. I must be being really thick, but could you please be more specific? Much appreciated!

galvenize

When I go there, I still see my level 1 Tiz and cannot seem to change anything except the comment on my profile. I must be being really thick, but could you please be more specific? Much appreciated!

You have to "send" in battle... If I think that's what you're looking for.

Qurupeke

Btw, a set that I really loved... I use it since I got Knight. I have P.Def +30% and Dual Shields on Tiz and generally I only boost the P.Def. He gets an ability at level 14 called Super Charge that converts double the amount of P.Def to attack power. It hits way too hard and his only weakness is magic now.

mclem

A slightly unusual question:

I don't want to play this. Not yet, that is; I'm in the midst of Etrian Odyssey 2, and having concurrent RPGs going is a bad idea. Nevertheless, I'll probably finish EO2 over Christmas, so I'll be tucking into this in the new year.

However, over Christmas, I'll be doing a fair amount of travelling, going through train stations and airports. Prime streetpass-gathering environments. So: how quickly can I get to a point where I've got the game registered to start gathering Streetpasses? Can the demo version unlock gathering streetpasses quicker that can then be used in the main game?

Oregano

The game's streetpass can be activated pretty quickly but I'd say just go with the demo because your villagers can be carried over and you won't risk the temptation(because the game is awesome).

ZeroX03

Banned
Game difficulty seems to jump quite a bit at the Underflow / Fire Temple. Playing on normal and the random encounters were tough and the boss was hell.

Also, spoiler theory here:
Ringabel seems to be Alternis? They never appear on screen together, Alternis gets hurt and now Ringabel is too, Alternis' last name is Dim and it's "D's Journal".

JimPanzer

Game difficulty seems to jump quite a bit at the Underflow / Fire Temple. Playing on normal and the random encounters were tough and the boss was hell.

yeah, had my problems with this boss too. Instead of grinding to get stronger I just tried different job and skill combos and beat him on my 6th try, love the job system so much.

ZeroX03

Banned
yeah, had my problems with this boss too. Instead of grinding to get stronger I just tried different job and skill combos and beat him on my 6th try, love the job system so much.

Had to change my abilities/equipment just so the random encounters wouldn't debuff me and stomp me. Succubus/Magician are really annoying, you can't auto-battle them as you need to take them out first but they're in the last enemy slot.

Can't bring myself to switch to Easy mode for grinding, it'd hurt my pride. 30+ hours so far, game is excellent. Stole me away from 3DW and LBW.

Bad, bad, bad. Don't bother.

Well it does get More Money, which is a stacking multiplier to pg for each party member with it , so it's a handy grinding support ability (but it doesn't stack with items so it's usefulness is somewhat short lived). It's also a low level skill, so you should easily be able to Abilink it.

The game's streetpass can be activated pretty quickly but I'd say just go with the demo because your villagers can be carried over and you won't risk the temptation(because the game is awesome).

Streetpass can be turned on after the first dungeon. It's a pretty short tutorial dungeon, should take less than 20 minutes including cutscenes / story / talking to everyone in town.

I wouldn't recommend relying on the demo, since the demo only lets you transfer up to 20 villagers, so if the environment is Streetpass rich you'll cap out quickly.

Iryx

Alright, True Ending gotten. Took me about 70 Hours.

So, I dont think I've ever played a game where the last half of it drags on for as much as this one.
The boss rematches was probably the most enjoyable part of it, while optional and the main source of the game feeling like it lasts forever, but it provided a nice challenge and there really was nothing else happening it all in the required part of the story, while these events fleshed out the characters that in the first half felt more like cartoon villians that were needlessly evil. I did pretty much all of them, expect the last ones in Chapter 8, I could not beat the mage team despite trying several different setups.
The subtitle making sense was pretty nice aswell.

Oh, I was fighting Praline and used Divine Light as a finisher and she Guarded it and took no damage (and almost got killed as a result due to BP committal). Are humans generally immune to Light damage ?

Alright, True Ending gotten. Took me about 70 Hours.

So, I dont think I've ever played a game where the last half of it drags on for as much as this one.
The boss rematches was probably the most enjoyable part of it, while optional and the main source of the game feeling like it lasts forever, but it provided a nice challenge and there really was nothing else happening it all in the required part of the story, while these events fleshed out the characters that in the first half felt more like cartoon villians that were needlessly evil. I did pretty much all of them, expect the last ones in Chapter 8, I could not beat the mage team despite trying several different setups.
The subtitle making sense was pretty nice aswell.

So maybe you can answer a question for me
The Pirate Quest gave me some background on the Summoner. Do the 5/6/7/8 rematches give you some explanation on why Heinkel has Chivalry as a like in his biography but he acts anything but when you encounter him
? Also why the heck is
Praline
the only Asterisk bearer so far to survive the fight so far ? It's not her age (
Artemisia
is younger) and it's not a desire to hold back since I'm sure Edea didn't want to kill
the Valkyrie

Top Bottom