• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Shun

I'm guessing only Edea's Bravo Bikini is censored?
I really hope those Dengeki and Art Works codes work when my NA version comes in February.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wait, there's censored stuff in this game? Is this gonna be another Fire Emblem situation?

If you mean people overreacting all over the place, I hope not.

Just beat the Earth Temple. The summons in this game are really creative, glad they weren't tied to the old FF staples, as cool as they are.

ramyeon

Wait, there's censored stuff in this game? Is this gonna be another Fire Emblem situation?
If anyone is angry over not being able to see as much of Edea's crotch in the localisation then I think they have issues.

Just blazed through Chapter 5, it was way too easy and I think my party is kind of OP at the moment.
Finally got that chest key. And they finally confirmed that Ringabel is Alternis pretty much. I didn't even notice but when you battle Alternis, him and Ringabel both have the same jumping animation in unison at the start of the battle. Looking back there were so many signs, can't believe I didn't pick it up earlier.

All that was the prologue? Damn! It took me close to 5 hours

Need some more jobs. Don't know what to use Edea for so I left her as the default class. Tiz and Ringabel are both monks doing the majority of damage. Switching between black/white mage with Agnes. I'm gonna make her a red mage once I get it

Shun

Is there a list with locations of the blue chests or something? No idea how I'm gonna go back to get all these now.

Not that I know of, but you could always use the Game Memo feature on the 3DS to keep track of important things. It's really useful for backtracking.

Cerity

Is there a list with locations of the blue chests or something? No idea how I'm gonna go back to get all these now.

just turn encounters down to -100% and explore all the dungeons? Most of them aren't that long, plus the map should tell you if there are any chests leftover.

ramyeon

just turn encounters down to -100% and explore all the dungeons? Most of them aren't that long, plus the map should tell you if there are any chests leftover.
It's a lot longer than not having to go to ones you know there aren't any chests in :) I was just putting the question out there ;)

Jacobbles

What are these Genome Abilities that everyone is talking about? Did I miss something, or do they not appear until later in the game? I don't understand. I just beat (Ch4 spoilers)
Braev Lee. Cute name, hah.

ramyeon

What are these Genome Abilities that everyone is talking about? Did I miss something, or do they not appear until later in the game? I don't understand. I just beat (Ch4 spoilers)
Braev Lee. Cute name, hah.
Abilities you can learn off Monsters using the Vampire Job, pretty much like Blue Mages in Final Fantasy.

Ahh turns out most of the stuff in Blue Chests is worse than what I already have from Norende :/

Abilities you can learn off Monsters using the Vampire Job, pretty much like Blue Mages in Final Fantasy.

Ahh turns out most of the stuff in Blue Chests is worse than what I already have from Norende :/

Yeah I was kinda bummed by that too. All game long you see these chests teasing your OCD to open them all and then when you finally get to open them it's like nothing but a fart comes out. Thanks game.

ramyeon

Yeah I was kinda bummed by that too. All game long you see these chests teasing your OCD to open them all and then when you finally get to open them it's like nothing but a fart comes out. Thanks game.
Yeah I was definitely expecting more :/

I seem to have missed buying Level 6 magic somehow, does anyone know where I can get this? Or is it not available until a certain point?

Edit: Found it, didn't realise
Grandship's stock changes after a certain point.

aravuus

Just got the thief job. Do I get anything for
beating the bodyguard guy? I focused on the thief to begin with then he left halfway

He
leaves no matter what you do. You'll see him again.

Agh, with current villagers and levels, leveling up the weapon store once takes almost 6 hours. I really wish the homepass methods worked for me... Anyway, I think I've been grinding a bit hard. Level 60 and just started chapter 4.

But it's so addictive! Every time I get a new interesting job, I have to raise it to level 9 at least right away.

ramyeon

He
leaves no matter what you do. You'll see him again.

Agh, with current villagers and levels, leveling up the weapon store once takes almost 6 hours. I really wish the homepass methods worked for me... Anyway, I think I've been grinding a bit hard. Level 60 and just started chapter 4.

But it's so addictive! Every time I get a new interesting job, I have to raise it to level 9 at least right away.
You can always turn off EXP in the options so you only get JP when grinding, if you're worried about getting over levelled.

ramyeon

So any word on if the DLC costumes are gonna be available in this version?
All of the DLC costumes from the Japanese original are in the game (Tiz's Onion Knight, Edea's Praying Brage, Ringabel's Composer and Agnes' Knight Outfit, as well as the Freelancer outfit). Haven't heard anything on the 4 new ones for FtS yet though.

aravuus

You can always turn off EXP in the options so you only get JP when grinding, if you're worried about getting over levelled.

Yeah, it's pretty goddamn cool they're offering all these options but I don't really mind. To be quite honest, I'm not exactly looking for difficulty in my turn-based JRPGs, which is probably why I tend to grind so much in every game. I just like steam-rolling my way through bosses, I guess lol

OMG Aero

I have a quick question that hopefully someone can answer because it's driving me insane.
I missed a party chat by accidentally running back into another area without viewing it and then the game autosaved. Someone please tell me there isn't some sort of reward or pay off for viewing all the party chats.

I would like to say thank you to Aris, You're level 14 Templar job saved me a couple of hours grinding before fighting a certain boss who tends to wreck you if you lack a specific skill.

Mendrox

I've read this hasn't sold very well in Europe?

Guess it has negative impact for the sequel being released here if true :(

Hmm I don't know, it's sold out everywhere here in Hamburg Germany. Cannot find it for a friend of mine, lol. Game is too good to be a bomba.

aravuus

Oh my god Agnes is annoying when she gets mad

e: or to be precise, her voice is annoying. Fighting against
Victor and Victoria
(chp4) and I wish she'd just shut up.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The story is even better the second time around. Currently playing with maxed characters and jobs and encounters turned off.

I had stopped my BDFF playthrough around the Ch4 midway point, so I did basically this to get back to where i left off.

It's been really nice to play with all the little improvements.

It's a shame some people find the story up until this point to be boring. The character interactions are a step above most JRPGs out there (especially Tales, which is garbage level terrible, on the character interaction scale. There's plenty of it, but the characters are crap)

The four main characters in BD are so incredibly likable that I love the Party Chat sections, especially the second time through.

Oh my god Agnes is annoying when she gets mad

e: or to be precise, her voice is annoying. Fighting against
Victor and Victoria
(chp4) and I wish she'd just shut up.

Are you playing in English? After 50 hours with those characters in Japanese in BDFF, I couldn't bring myself to change voices over to English for FTS.

All of the DLC costumes from the Japanese original are in the game (Tiz's Onion Knight, Edea's Praying Brage, Ringabel's Composer and Agnes' Knight Outfit, as well as the Freelancer outfit)

How do you get the Freelancer outfit in this version (I mean, the locked ones even if you change job) ?

All of the DLC costumes from the Japanese original are in the game (Tiz's Onion Knight, Edea's Praying Brage, Ringabel's Composer and Agnes' Knight Outfit, as well as the Freelancer outfit). Haven't heard anything on the 4 new ones for FtS yet though.
The latter four are what I'm wondering about.

aravuus

Are you playing in English? After 50 hours with those characters in Japanese in BDFF, I couldn't bring myself to change voices over to English for FTS.

English, yeah. Though I have to say, Agnes is the only annoying one. I think almost all the other voice actors are fine, and I especially like Ringabel's and Edea's. Though I really like them as characters too, and don't really like Agnes, so there's that too.

But yeah, I've been surprisingly captivated by the story so far, and I've yet to see any twists. I'm one of those people who really just like over the top crazy anime stories with ridiculous plot twists (I love Tales games for example, really like the stories) and can't really get invested in boring traditional fantasy stories, but somehow this game has been keeping me close to my 3DS all day for the last couple of days. Maybe it's the characters.

Top Bottom