• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Hartschild is easily the best looking town I've seen so far.

burwt.jpg

Principate

Saint Titanfall
What is the best class for physical attackers? Just learned Dual-Wield and not sure which class would benefit the most from it to be honest
I just hit chapter 5 and I still don't know what long-term party setup I'm gonna use

Long term party setup shouldn't really be your objective.

In chapter 4 they literally give you white mage and black mage upgrade classes, and you should already be starting to max out some of your jobs. Freelancer is mostly what the game pushing you towards once you've maxed most classes on a character.

Kater

Banned
It makes a decent second on a Black Mage too early on, since it gets Earth and Non-elemental damage as well.

Shame that Arcana is so reliant on synergy or it'd be a good second for an Arcanist as well.
Haven't really had the need to train someone for more than 4 Levels as a black mage yet because I already have the physical fighters in my party as Spell Fencer in their secondary job.

Cerity

I'm really enjoying running swordmaster with pirate sub. Provoke -> Know thine enemy. Consistently hitting with 9999 damage sure is fun. Just need to make sure pdef is sufficient.

Hobbun

Is there any way to get more residents to help you restore Norende besides through Streetpass?

I almost exclusively play my handheld games at home, so Streepass has never really been a factor for me. I hope you can increase residents without having to only use Streetpass.

Leezard

Is there any way to get more residents to help you restore Norende besides through Streetpass?

I almost exclusively play my handheld games at home, so Streepass has never really been a factor for me. I hope you can increase residents without having to only use Streetpass.
Once per day you can do the "update data" on the save screen to gain 3-5 new residents.

Haven't really had the need to train someone for more than 4 Levels as a black mage yet because I already have the physical fighters in my party as Spell Fencer in their secondary job.

It's funny how different my experience has been from many others. And most of it stems from the fact I was running Edea as a Freelancer to get JP Up relatively early.

Labadal

I defeated my first StreetPass boss. That was fun! I got destroyed the first time, but I understood what to do on my second try. Thunder magic helped a lot.

Still using a Knight/Monk/W.Mage/B.Mage. Been working well so far. Can't believe I'm still only on chapter 1.

The end!

The final boss was actually easier than Airy. ._. Now... let's see what left to do... Norende is almost complete.Also, I guess I got the true ending. Can I trigger the other ending too? Oh and the final boss music... Strong Shingeki no Kyojin vibes. So good.

My favourite part about the final boss music is
how you get to hear snippets of each of the characters' themes in it.

zroid

Banned

I don't know, but playing 3DS at home and getting StreetPasses aren't really related. :p

That said, you can set up HomePass if you're so inclined.

Kater

Banned
Damn, I didn't expect to meet three Automatons
in the Grabb Keep
! :/
Their Rocket Punch Attack is so annoying... -.-

@Elaugaufein: JP Up? Is that a skill that the Freelancer Job gets your character? (I only leveled Freelancer to Level 4 on Tiz so I wouldn't know)

in the Grabb Keep

@Elaugaufein: JP Up? Is that a skill that the Freelancer Job gets your character? (I only leveled Freelancer to Level 4 on Tiz so I wouldn't know)

Yup. It's the Level 10 Freelancer Support Ability, it gives the character equipped with it 20% more JP.

Hobbun

I don't know, but playing 3DS at home and getting StreetPasses aren't really related. :p

How wouldn't they be? I thought the whole idea of Streepass was when you passed other people with a 3DS you can exchange information with them. But if I am at home, there isn't anyone to "pass by" and have my Streetpass activate with.

in the Grabb Keep

It's more annoying when all of the 3 spam Rocket Punch at the same time lol

zroid

Banned
How wouldn't they be? I thought the whole idea of Streepass was when you passed other people with a 3DS you can exchange information with them. But if I am at home, there isn't anyone to "pass by" and have my Streetpass activate with.

What I mean is you take your 3DS out with you to get StreetPasses. Whether you want to play the system away from home or not is ancillary. :)

in the Grabb Keep

The JP up ability is a waste of a slot though. The boost is minimal and you can easily max each of your jobs in 20 minutes just with the Growth egg

R.I.P

Ugh, the lava dungeon in chapter 3 is way too long. It just goes on and on, there's damaging lava, plus the enemies are pretty tough as well.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Ugh, the lava dungeon in chapter 3 is way too long. It just goes on and on, there's damaging lava, plus the enemies are pretty tough as well.

Grind the open world at the fastest battle speed, using auto-battle and max encounter,
turn off encounter in dungeons
????
profit.

Do this if your really not enjoying your time in there.

Grampasso

About
Salve Maker
After reading some of the comments I was worried it could be really difficult, hearing people couldn't beat it at 52?
I did it at 43 and it was incredibly easy, with his fixed pattern and all. Granted, he constantly killed one party member with his kickass dark move, but that was supposed to be the mechanic of the fight anyway, dealing always 9999 dmg. Never bothered dispelling his regen nor healing the poison (he would often kill the poisoned anyway, so that was a "free" poisona). But I'm playing at normal, I guess you have to grind quite a bit to achieve the same result at hard.
Also, I guess I saw through the "twists" quite early
probably due to my previous work I began quite proficient in recognizing actors voices, even if they were distorted, also the name of the character is a hint...
Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game a lot and due to my work it's lasting longer than expected (don't have much time during the week). Currently 35+ hours in chapter 3. It's gonna be a long and pleasant journey!

aravuus

Since I started grinding earlier, I thought I might as well grind properly.

So now I have a level 99 party and over 4 million pg, and I'm only at the start of chapter 5. Lol.

You mean for the genome abilities? if so then there is no skill called firaja in it. There is firestorm, fireball and hellfire though and you can get them all from normal enemies

The
-ja genome skills
don't show in the Journal. I already
got Blizzaja (Mammon) and Thundaja (Asmodeous). I've heard that Beelze Alpha/Beta have Firaja.

The
-ja genome skills
don't show in the Journal. I already
got Blizzaja (Mammon) and Thundaja (Asmodeous). I've heard that Beelze Alpha/Beta have Firaja.

Oh right, so if they don't show in the journal then what's the point in getting them? Do you get something for it?

Jinko

The JP up ability is a waste of a slot though. The boost is minimal and you can easily max each of your jobs in 20 minutes just with the Growth egg

The growth egg is also a waste of time, it doubles xp and jp but zeros money, and considering that a lot of the better gear in game requires a lot of pg you are probably just better off grinding it out 1/1.

One egg is a complete contradiction to the other also so just grind without either.

Oh right, so if they don't show in the journal then what's the point in getting them? Do you get something for it?

No, don't get anything but they are really powerful

The growth egg is also a waste of time, it doubles xp and jp but zeros money, and considering that a lot of the better gear in game requires a lot of pg you are probably just better off grinding it out 1/1.

One egg is a complete contradiction to the other also so just grind without either.

This isn't quite true. Because most equipment upgrades are only available in town, you're better of keeping the Growth egg equipped in between towns, and then using the increased power you get from that to quickly grind up the money for gear in towns. Or vice versa (using the Golden Egg to get the money for good equipment to make grinding Exp and JP faster) though that's slightly less effective since moving on is generally better than not doing so.

Leezard

More related to Genome abilities, ch.7:

The Ominus Crowe summon Bahamut used Pico Flame or something like that. I battled him twice, the first time I thought I got this attack as a genome ability, but then I got wiped and tried it again, got hit but did not learn it. I was defaulting there, but that should not affect genome abilities, right? I'm just making sure that I probably dreamed up learning the ability the first battle.

The growth egg was definitely worth it for me, it cuts done the time needed to max a job significantly and considering there are groups of enemies that can give 30,000+pg per battle, money should never really be a problem. The most expensive piece of equipment outside of the golden/growth egg and costumes costs 100k, you could make enough money for that in 3 or 4 fights

More related to Genome abilities, ch.7:

The Ominus Crowe summon Bahamut used Pico Flame or something like that. I battled him twice, the first time I thought I got this attack as a genome ability, but then I got wiped and tried it again, got hit but did not learn it. I was defaulting there, but that should not affect genome abilities, right? I'm just making sure that I probably dreamed up learning the ability the first battle.
I think that shows up as fireball

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
What's the best place to grind JP in chapter 6 ?

Also is the gear you get from the blue chest worth going after them ?

Leezard

The growth egg was definitely worth it for me, it cuts done the time needed to max a job significantly and considering there are groups of enemies that can give 30,000+pg per battle, money should never really be a problem. The most expensive piece of equipment outside of the golden/growth egg and costumes costs 100k, you could make enough money for that in 3 or 4 fights

I think that shows up as fireball

All right, thanks. Is it available from other monsters?

What's the best place to grind JP in chapter 6 ?

Also is the gear you get from the blue chest worth going after them ?
Go to the Florem region and run around outside the area where you fought Artemia, you can find groups of 6 Rafflesia outside which can give 999 JP with Growth Egg equipped. Vampire Castle is also a good area.

For the blue chest items, some of the stuff is ok but most of it is outclassed by the best stuff from Norende village. Only the
Brave Suit
and possibly
Yoichi Bow
are worth it

All right, thanks. Is it available from other monsters?
You can get it from D'gon, which is a normal enemy you can find fairly early in the game. Can't remember exactly where though

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Go to the Florem region and run around outside the area where you fought Artemia, you can find groups of 6 Rafflesia outside which can give 999 JP with Growth Egg equipped. Vampire Castle is also a good area.

For the blue chest items, some of the stuff is ok but most of it is outclassed by the best stuff from Norende village. Only the
Brave Suit
and possibly
Yoichi Bow
are worth it

Thanks!

Leezard

Brave Suit
and possibly
Yoichi Bow
are worth it

You can get it from D'gon, which is a normal enemy you can find fairly early in the game. Can't remember exactly where though

All right, thanks.

R.I.P

Get the Dungeon Master Freelancer skill. You won't take any more damage from the lava.

Just got up to the boss, but that skill could be useful in the future, thanks for the tip!

The boss is kicking my ass,
though the bastard seems to be weak against thunder. Is there any way to block the huge aoe attack, or do I just default it and heal like crazy afterwards?

Edit: nvm, just beat it.

Akito

A question: Is the
pillar of light
a point of no return? I want to go to
the Vampire Castle
before that but the dragons are kicking my ass.

Leeness

Listening to some of the music, really great stuff. Final boss track!

...but now I'm just more bitter about waiting for February :(

Hedge

pillar of light
the Vampire Castle

Aaah, I want to know this as well. I'm so afraid of locking myself out by continuing. :p

Leezard

pillar of light
the Vampire Castle
not a story spoiler, just the answer to the question:
You can return, but the monsters will be stronger. You will be stronger as well by the point you go back there though.

u_neek

Managed to pick up the last copy at Argos today. I'm only an hour in but already enjoying the old school RPG goodness :)

Top Bottom