• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Examine skill lol...
of course not in English version yet... EU is still 31/12/2013 :p

I've used Examine on enemies in the English version and it doesn't show Defence etc or it special for that boss ? Ahh, I see, you can actually view a detailed status after using Examine.

I'm Australian. It's been 2014 here for 2 hours now. XD

Taruranto

My Edea is a Swordmaster/Pirate and I'm pretty satisfied with her. :(

Btw, Spiritmaster job is totally broken, can't even image a playthrought without him.

My Edea is a Swordmaster/Pirate and I'm pretty satisfied with her. :(

Btw, Spiritmaster job is totally broken, can't even image a playthrought without him.

Yeah, I was too. I'm playing around with Blood Blade wielding Rage Dark Knights atm. Damage is definitely better than Swordmaster/Pirate unless the enemy resists Dark / is Undead but requires significant setup for max damage, unlike the fairly self sufficient Swordmaster/Pirate. I was trying to Mimic Rage in order to reduce the need for Setup but Rage isn't Mimicable.

Have you finished the game?
Anyway I just did (both ending) and saw the Bravely Second trailer, my gosh I need it!
Fun stuff, when Magnolia say some word in French, it is subtitled in English in the French version LOL
Not yet lol taking it slow, at chapter 5. Wanna claim Bravely Second OT with me next time round ;P

Glad you thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kouriozan

Not yet lol taking it slow, at chapter 5. Wanna claim Bravely Second OT with me next time round ;P

Glad you thoroughly enjoyed it.
Oh yeah, you won't understand until you get there then :p
Just don't read the spoiler!

Edit : Nevermind, edited it, I don't want to spoil anyone's fun.
And yeah, absolutely love that game, now Square hurry up and announce Bravely Second for EU/US :)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Happy new year, fellow brave defaulters!

Question time: are the six
keystones for the vampire castle
found before or after the
pillar of light
?

Exentryk

Happy new year, fellow brave defaulters!

Question time: are the six
keystones for the vampire castle
found before or after the
pillar of light
?

I did that quest before, but I'd say it'd be still accessible after. I recommend to complete it before going into the
pillar of light
, as you might miss out on a fight.

Guys, i've just had my new vestment for the vestal (not a spoiler really).
So far i'm sticking to a job..
Should i bring a job to lvl 10 before switching or?
I'm currently running
Monk/generic, monk/generic, white mage/merchant, black mage/white mage..

blu

I did that quest before, but I'd say it'd be still accessible after. I recommend to complete it before going into the
pillar of light
, as you might miss out on a fight.
Thanks!

Guys, i've just had my new vestment for the vestal (not a spoiler really).
So far i'm sticking to a job..
Should i bring a job to lvl 10 before switching or?
I'm currently running
Monk/generic, monk/generic, white mage/merchant, black mage/white mage..
That really depends on how much you want to grind. Also, on the upper chapters you can develop a new job to lvl 10 in no time.

FryHole

Chapter 3:

Any general tips for
Chaugmar
?

Default and keep defaulting until he unleashes his energy blast, then twat him with everything you've got until he reraises the shield, then heal and default again. Use spellfencer thundara on any fighters in your party.

Oxx

Thanks. Seemed like I was pretty close before, but a few ability tweaks allowed me to get enough damage in before he attacked big.

blu

It didn't work for me, am I doing something wrong? Both systems flashed green, but the EUR copy didn't get the Nemesis.
Do you have spare room for nemeses left in Norende, though? I know for a fact cross-region nemeses work via spotpass, can't say anything about streetpass.

Aww, no special Nemesis over here yet?

BTW, on my first tag, I didn't receive the Turtle Dove via StreetPass, but I did the second time, if that means anything.

Do you have spare room for nemeses left in Norende, though? I know for a fact cross-region nemeses work via spotpass, can't say anything about streetpass.

I think I've sent Nemeses from my JP copy to my EUR copy even with a full EUR Norende.

eXistor

A little more than a month left until i can pick this gem up! How's the game guys?

Gotta be honest, it's not doing it for me. I've spent 10 hours on the demo and loved it, but the main game just adds annoying characters and a shit story and immense repetition (granted the demo was like this as well, minus the horrible characters). I've played the main game for about 15 hours, but I think I'm done, it's just tedious to me. I'm breezing through the game and for 90% of the time I just fast forward the battles and put it on auto and win every battle in a few seconds. The dungeons are just predictable tosh too, just the same old linear corridors with the odd offshoot as usual. I spent my childhood on jrpg's and I was so excited for this, it really seemed like a great return to those games but it pales in comparison.

Maybe the genre just isn't for me anymore, I disliked Ni No Kuni as well and was just as excited for that.

Music's great though and I do really like the battle system, if mostly because battles last seconds.

Sadist

Oh lol, just noticed the title screen changes

After chapter 4 or 5 the subtitle where the fairy files appears. I'm at chapter 6 now and...

... and the subtitle turns red and tells me that Airy lies. Which we all know ever since the beginning. Still it's a Nice touch.

Zornica

Banned
Oh lol, just noticed the title screen changes

After chapter 4 or 5 the subtitle where the fairy files appears. I'm at chapter 6 now and...

... and the subtitle turns red and tells me that Airy lies. Which we all know ever since the beginning. Still it's a Nice touch.

I wonder if that's the reason the changed the subtitle...
lying airy
not good enough?

Top Bottom