• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Exentryk

Am I mistaken or do we PAL region people never get the 2nd Baal (the one that isn't Turtle Dove?) or did it not happen in Japan ?

Yeah, haven't seen any english copies of that fish (Choubi) monster. I did get the japanese version from daily update though. He is easier than the turtle dove.

ryanofcall

Just beat Bravely Default:
where the fAIRY fLIES
and
I'm really disapointed with the Story. Especially because there's a major spoiler on the Titlescreen... Wow... I thought they only do that for Bluray/DVD Titlescreens - love the Gameplay itself though.

FryHole

Just beat Bravely Default: and
I'm really disapointed with the Story. Especially because there's a major spoiler on the Titlescreen... Wow... I thought they only do that for Bluray/DVD Titlescreens - love the Gameplay itself though.

Edit: swiftly updated! :)

One month for the U.S.

1378785502933.gif

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, what is the best way to get more people to help rebuild your village? I don't have anyone locally who has the game here you see!

FryHole

Hey guys, what is the best way to get more people to help rebuild your village? I don't have anyone locally who has the game here you see!

If you're not in too much of a hurry, just select 'Update Data' on the save screen, you'll get 3 - 5 villagers a day from random internet hits that way.

The Bravely Quest is turning into a neck-and-neck race between Ringabel and Edea, the two leaders.
Tiz: 10.15
Agnes: 10.55
Ringabel: 10.63
Edea: 10.66

SunGod

The Bravely Quest is turning into a neck-and-neck race between Ringabel and Edea, the two leaders.
Tiz: 10.15
Agnes: 10.55
Ringabel: 10.63
Edea: 10.66

What's Bravely Quest?

Auto battle strategy for the new Level 80 nemesis:

Nothing revolutionary, just a slight adaptation to the autobattle strategy against the New Years Day nemesis.

Two Spiritmasters with Performer subjob, one using Little Devil and Stillness (should have the lowest agility, obviously) and the other using Little Devil and Fairy Ward (make this your fastest character so Little Devil can negate Leviathan's use of Envy)

The other two are Time Mages with Swordmaster subjob, using the usual Free Lunch/Meteorx3 combo.

One character has World Haste and speed+10/20% (I recommend the Spiritmaster using Stillness) the rest have Speed+20/30%. I got an intelligence bun, other people reporting strength buns.

SunGod

Thanks, picked up Blizzaja as part of the auto-battle strat I was using (above)

I haven't gained another Belphegor to pick up the others (I didn't realise they were genome skills until after I went through killing all of mine...) even Asmodeus would do just so I could get Thundaja

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Map indicates a sidequest in Anaheim after restoring the wind, but I can't find anything within the city?

Bururian

I'm on the NA Demo for the game, and I read the first post to no luck, but I had a question about the Red Mage class. Is the class effective as a healer? I don't know where the cap is in the demo I'm playing, but I wanted to find out if I could train high level healing with a white mage class then swap over to the Red Mage class and still be able to use that person as my primary healer.

I'm on the NA Demo for the game, and I read the first post to no luck, but I had a question about the Red Mage class. Is the class effective as a healer? I don't know where the cap is in the demo I'm playing, but I wanted to find out if I could train high level healing with a white mage class then swap over to the Red Mage class and still be able to use that person as my primary healer.
The cap for the Red Mages magic spell is at level 4 in the full game, so you'll have okay status heals etc. The max healing spell will be cura but it doesn't heal too well unless you place abilities that improve healing etc.

For example; You'll get like 600 avg heal to everyone with cura, curaga (max heal ability I believe) you'll get about 1,800 or so. Not proper numbers but you'll get the idea, basically red mages are useful to an extent.

Bururian

The cap for the Red Mages magic spell is at level 4 in the full game, so you'll have okay status heals etc. The max healing spell will be cura but it doesn't heal too well unless you place abilities that improve healing etc.

For example; You'll get like 600 avg heal to everyone with cura, curaga (max heal ability I believe) you'll get about 1,800 or so. Not proper numbers but you'll get the idea, basically red mages are useful to an extent.

Ahh, excellent, thanks for the response. That's only a slight bummer. I was hoping to train 3 to be heavy damage dealers and have a good hybrid B/W Mage class that can hold up against things and still be able to heal decently.

Ahh, excellent, thanks for the response. That's only a slight bummer. I was hoping to train 3 to be heavy damage dealers and have a good hybrid B/W Mage class that can hold up against things and still be able to heal decently.

Red Mages are okay up until the beginning of Chapter 4 (when you get Level 5 magic) so basically only for the end of Chapter 2 / all of Chapter 3.

After that you're better of using something else and equipping Revenge if you really want it.

Late game Red Mages are far more about their support abilities being useful for other classes (they have really good BP recovery and "high risk high reward" style stuff (where you get big bonuses (like No MP Cost or a really high crit rate) for being in critical HP) and you're better off doing that on some other class, not only do Red Mages end up with a fairly terrible ability, their final stats are also terrible and stats are pretty important in this game.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Depending on how far along you are, either
go to the merchant's building on the far right, or enter the city at night.

I've done the first one I think
thieve's den?
, so I'll try your latter suggestion. :) thanks!

kiryogi

Banned
What's Bravely Quest?

Auto battle strategy for the new Level 80 nemesis:

Nothing revolutionary, just a slight adaptation to the autobattle strategy against the New Years Day nemesis.

Two Spiritmasters with Performer subjob, one using Little Devil and Stillness (should have the lowest agility, obviously) and the other using Little Devil and Fairy Ward (make this your fastest character so Little Devil can negate Leviathan's use of Envy)

The other two are Time Mages with Swordmaster subjob, using the usual Free Lunch/Meteorx3 combo.

One character has World Haste and speed+10/20% (I recommend the Spiritmaster using Stillness) the rest have Speed+20/30%. I got an intelligence bun, other people reporting strength buns.

It's something in the japanese version only unfortunately. It involves the usage of Square Enix members site. Members can upload their save data and participate in community wide quests for prizes and glory.

GO TEAM EDEA. Maybe it helped that I finally updated my save in the last few days :D I put off BD for the last while far various reasons. @ 82 hours now.

2San

Considering he's talking about leveling a white mage first. You would have acces to Curaga on the Red mage if he equips the White Magic command on it. That said, it's not good idea for reasons already posted.

wrowa

I wouldn't say that the Red Mage's healing abilities are useless later in the game. With certain support abilities, Cura is enough to completely heal the whole party in a single turn even later in the game. However, I don't think that the Black Magic skill are really worth the compromise. Black Magic in general doesn't really seems to be worth the hassle in this game and Black Magic only up to level 4 even less so.

Oxx

Assuming it gives you the Doom status effect the only way to prevent it is Fairy Ward (and maybe Ribbon headgear ? Sorry I don't have my 3DS handy to check if it blocks Doom).

Thanks. Is there a way to cure it once it has been cast? Or just try and revive people as they drop?

I wouldn't say that the Red Mage's healing abilities are useless later in the game. With certain support abilities, Cura is enough to completely heal the whole party in a single turn even later in the game. However, I don't think that the Black Magic skill are really worth the compromise. Black Magic in general doesn't really seems to be worth the hassle in this game and Black Magic only up to level 4 even less so.

If you could somehow deal with the problem of needing Hint Int and High Mind, you might be able to run Red Magic/Ritualism and use Cura for healing (assuming you're using Holy One or Healing Lore as well) and Poison + Exterminate for damage. The lack of Esunaga seems like it could be problematic though.

So I'm trying out the demo and I got a game over in the first random battle since the opponent can heal for triple the damage my party does in a single turn and can poison me.

Is the full game this punishing? If so I will cancel my preorder.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Mammon only gives me ethers.. Any tip? Need moneyz

Horseress

Having a blast with this game, can't wait to play to full version.

But...how do you recover MP? There's no poison to fill it....right?

FryHole

So I'm trying out the demo and I got a game over in the first random battle since the opponent can heal for triple the damage my party does in a single turn and can poison me.

Is the full game this punishing? If so I will cancel my preorder.

No, it's not - and you can change difficulty and encounter rate at any time. Even the demo shouldn't be doing stuff like that to you - have you equipped jobs and gear?

Like some of the music and general sound effects.

I think the music and sound are great, but never noticed any problems with the demo in this respect either so don't take my word for it.

Having a blast with this game, can't wait to play to full version.

But...how do you recover MP? There's no poison to fill it....right?

Use ethers (or sleep at an inn)

frogg609

Has the US Collector's Edition been available on Amazon yet? I see it listed but I had to sign up to be notified for when it's available.

Hoping I didn't miss out.

Edit: Looks like I have the Collector's Edition Preordered from December 6th. Please disregard!

Top Bottom