• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Jintor

motherfucking alternis won't stop spamming that group-hit dark spell. Luckily Agnes is null dark and Edea is resist, but the two boys are pretty much dead in the water permanently.

/edit lol minus striked to death, fuck you alternis

this fucking game, i swear to god.

motherfucking alternis won't stop spamming that group-hit dark spell. Luckily Agnes is null dark and Edea is resist, but the two boys are pretty much dead in the water permanently.

/edit lol minus striked to death, fuck you alternis

this fucking game, i swear to god.

Spiritmaster Spirit Ward

Jintor

Got him... Rampart + Stillness when he started dropping 9999 attacks every turn.

/edit oh i guess this is the fabled 'chapter 5'.

We go round and round and round and round and round...

Jintor

Transient ninja strategy is not working against jabberwock in chapter five. Or rather, it is working, but I deal like 100 damage to the Bastard each time (barring crits)

bumpkin

I'm not sure why I keep checking this thread; it just makes the wait for the NA release more and more brutal. Had an awesome time with the demo. Want the game NOW! :(

4th Bravely Quest for Japan. They want the number of players that got at least 100 villagers in Norende to reach 5k by Feb 2. It's at 4,120 players currently.

bumpkin

Any word on the fate of NA's CE? I have it preordered but it still doesn't have a date, it's starting to make me worry.
It's out the same day as the regular game as far as I know. I've got mine preordered from Best Buy. Hopefully there isn't a SNAFU.

Any word on the fate of NA's CE? I have it preordered but it still doesn't have a date, it's starting to make me worry.
Oh good, I'm not the only one. I'm hoping the order goes through! I have a $20 credit placed towards it, and if I somehow lose that to a glitch, that'll be sad. :(

I'm not sure why I keep checking this thread; it just makes the wait for the NA release more and more brutal. Had an awesome time with the demo. Want the game NOW! :(

Same. I always pop into this thread when I see it on the front page, but I really have nothing to contribute yet. I've played the demo and just want the game already! D:

KHlover

Banned
Beat the game. Chapter 1-4 were awesome, 5 was bad, 6 was okay, 7-8 were great, finale was awesome again.

My team in the end

Monk/Thief (Monk without any equip is OP as fuck) -> Ringabel

Templar/Swordmaster -> Tiz

Arcanist/Blackmage (Dat StatusEffect+, All-Magic -> Toxin -> Eradicate for 9999 damage even on 80% of the bosses combo) -> Agnes

Whitemage/Spiritmaster -> Edea

9/10
One of my GOTY's

Velcro Fly

They briefly had CE's in stock the other day. My guess is they are limited to a certain number and when people got scared and cancelled they had more available. My gut feeling tells me Amazon is just sold out because when they had them in stock, the sales page said it comes out February 7. If they really were unsure when they were getting them I doubt they'd randomly put them back up for sale for a few hours.

Tenki

Look what I recieved from CDJapan:

BesAvNvIMAAKLU7.jpg:large

With Angry Edea:

BesCjqPIQAEWwB8.jpg:large

And...

BesCuXZIMAAZBIx.jpg:large

:)

Yasawas

What level are people completing this at roughly? I'm about 67 starting chapter 7 but I've heard of folk being 99 by this point and I've done all the side stuff.

Zornica

Banned
What level are people completing this at roughly? I'm about 67 starting chapter 7 but I've heard of folk being 99 by this point and I've done all the side stuff.

To loosly quote someone from this thread:
There is really no reason not to be level 85 by chapter 5.
grinding is pretty easy/fast and with a growth egg it's even faster.
crystal bosses
don't give any money anyway, so using the growthegg while fighting them is entirely penalty free. you don't need to be level 99 to beat the game though

If only 3DS was a higher resoultion than 240p ;__; it would be as detailed as these gifs.

But those gives are barely higher in resolution. When counting 3d mode they are, in fact, even lower.

Yasawas

To loosly quote someone from this thread:
There is really no reason not to be level 85 by chapter 5.
grinding is pretty easy/fast and with a growth egg it's even faster.

Jesus. I thought I was playing this alright and I'm level 67 after 60 hours. The growth egg costs twice as much money as I have :)

I kind of just want to put this to bed because if I take it out and stick it on the shelf I'm never coming back at this point.

Labadal

Had a hilarious boss battle moment in chapter 5. I had accidentally put the wrong sub jobs for some of my characters, which meant no white magic. I did, however have to sub-salve makers. Didn't bother with healing at all. Basically, two characters used antidotes, resurrected or defaulted. The other two used Stomp and Desperation. I actually made it out alive. Grinded for.a bit after that, now that I have the Growth Egg. Maxed out a few jobs and reached level 70.

They briefly had CE's in stock the other day. My guess is they are limited to a certain number and when people got scared and cancelled they had more available. My gut feeling tells me Amazon is just sold out because when they had them in stock, the sales page said it comes out February 7. If they really were unsure when they were getting them I doubt they'd randomly put them back up for sale for a few hours.
Gamestop is sold out of prerders too

Wow, I'm getting my ass kicked 5 minutes into the demo lol

What do I do

Oh, I'm supposed to set up my characters before I go out and fight......oops

Maybe a little more detail into why you think it sucked?

Job classes only 4 levels and you gain a new ability from your job class only when you level. The fact that most abilities are passives outside of magic. Very little seperates most of the job class as weapons, armor and accesories seem to be able to be placed with any job reguardless.

Battles are incredibly dull. The Brave/Default system is a gimmick at best. All it does is allow monster to be damage spunges in battle. Enemies fall back into the generic RPG formula of having a crap ton of life but doing little damage. Also it's clear the monsters also have the ability to Brave and Default as they have BP but rarely do making them dumb and predictable. To add on top of that 90% of the time there is no reason not to do normal attack cause it's so powerful. After you level you start hiting multiple times in one attack. Combining duel wielding with Multitask and 4 Braves and I've had my character hit 24 times in one turn.

On top of that there was nearly nothing to do in the demo. Im not done with it but so far I went into two dungeons and all I did was find chests. It felt like I was playing a 16 bit rpg but worse.

KHlover

Banned
Job classes only 4 levels and you gain a new ability from your job class only when you level. The fact that most abilities are passives outside of magic. Very little seperates most of the job class as weapons, armor and accesories seem to be able to be placed with any job reguardless.

Battles are incredibly dull. The Brave/Default system is a gimmick at best. All it does is allow monster to be damage spunges in battle. Enemies fall back into the generic RPG formula of having a crap ton of life but doing little damage. Also it's clear the monsters also have the ability to Brave and Default as they have BP but rarely do making them dumb and predictable. To add on top of that 90% of the time there is no reason not to do normal attack cause it's so powerful. After you level you start hiting multiple times in one attack. Combining duel wielding with Multitask and 4 Braves and I've had my character hit 24 times in one turn.

On top of that there was nearly nothing to do in the demo. Im not done with it but so far I went into two dungeons and all I did was find chests. It felt like I was playing a 16 bit rpg but worse.

1. Job Classes have 14 levels in the full game
2. It depends on the job how many passive abilities you get, some only have 1 or two
3. You get stat penalties for equipping unfitting equip.
4. Depending on the difficulty you select, you WILL get wrecked if you just brave 4x with the Attack command. Some mobs can be pretty nasty...
5. You'll find more than chests in the dungeons in the full game...

What you don't seem to get that BD is deliberately designed to play like an old 16-bit RPG. It has many conveniance features added, but at the end its an SNES FF deep down. If you don't like that you won't get happy with this game. At all.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Eh the actual game is a lot harder than that by at least chapter 2 if not chapter 1 on normal (there's 8 chapters). Also enemies do brave and default a fair bit once your properly into the game.

zoukka

Just beat the boss in Fire Temple. I can now honestly say that the game has great combat and class system, but everything else is pretty bad. Level design is non-existent, the story is so bad I've started to skip MAIN story dialogue now, not just the optional stuff and assets are recycled to hell and back.

But still, the visuals and the combat bring me back. Too bad the story was complete shit.

royox

At 5 i was kinda ok, at 6 my eyes were trying to kill me through various rolling techniques.

Then 7 and 8 happened.

Pure Hate.

But 7 and 8 are ok.

5 is the "Oh great..." chapter.
6 is the "WHAT THE FUCK??" Chapter. But has a lot of lore information on main quests and discovers plot twists.
7 is the "Well..here we are" but the combats are fun as fuck and you know why all that shit is happening.
8 is the "SHIT JUST GOT REAL" chapter with the greatest encounters of all the game but 0 lore except for the last trail of the chapter.

And I'm at chap 8. Dunno how ch9 is...but the only chap I hated was 6 till I talked to the sage + vampire and shat briks for a week.

Yasawas

60-odd hours in and I'd resigned myself to grinding for a bit then I pressed Y for the first time. Ahahaha. If I can't finish this now then it's on me.

Arkain

I have a question about D's journal, spoilers for chapter 4 and the
Vampire
subevent:

I just completed the Vampire castle in chapter 4, and after seeing all the painting scenes, I decided to check D's journal. To my surprise, D's journal revealed a lot more than the discussions with DeRosso. Like, for example, the angel looking like Agnes (which was never mentioned during DeRosso's monologue) and Yulyana's asterisk plot was expounded upon in much more detail. This is the first time the game pulled something like this and added something to the journal that wasn't discussed in the game itself.
Did my game bug out and spoil me or something?

I have a question about D's journal, spoilers for chapter 4 and the
Vampire
subevent:

I just completed the Vampire castle in chapter 4, and after seeing all the painting scenes, I decided to check D's journal. To my surprise, D's journal revealed a lot more than the discussions with DeRosso. Like, for example, the angel looking like Agnes (which was never mentioned during DeRosso's monologue) and Yulyana's asterisk plot was expounded upon in much more detail. This is the first time the game pulled something like this and added something to the journal that wasn't discussed in the game itself.
Did my game bug out and spoil me or something?

Funny you mentioned that, the first time I played through the game, I somehow got knowledge of that fact while playing through that game, and my second playthrough, when I reached the same point, I distinctively remember
he did not mention the angel looking likes Agnes, and yet that information was available in the journal.
Don't worry too much about it, I guess they forgot to add it in the previous cutscene or something.

Zornica

Banned
Funny you mentioned that, the first time I played through the game, I somehow got knowledge of that fact while playing through that game, and my second playthrough, when I reached the same point, I distinctively remember
he did not mention the angel looking likes Agnes, and yet that information was available in the journal.
Don't worry too much about it, I guess they forgot to add it in the previous cutscene or something.

I beat the game and didn't read the
2nd journal
and I still knew the
angel looked like Agnes
... so it's definitely mentioned "somewhere"

Tom_Cody

I am only playing the demo for now (US, lol) but I assume this question applies to the main game as well:

How do you update your streetpass file? Meaning, how do you update what you send out when you streetpass someone?

I have gotten ~12 streetpasses within the demo and every single one of them seemed to indicate that the people had just started playing (level 1, no equipment, etc.). I assume from this that my own street pass data would look the same to others as I haven't manually updated it within the game.

Any thoughts?

Top Bottom