• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

NotLiquid

tumblr_mtu012FLSB1qdm5ngo1_400.gif

I uh

Speevy

Banned
I've been worried that the ending might be a letdown since everyone put so much hype around Ozymandias.

It's almost like no one thought the last two episodes were anywhere near as good as Ozymandias.

Based on Granite State, they're right so far.

UrbanRats

I've been worried that the ending might be a letdown since everyone put so much hype around Ozymandias.

It's almost like no one thought the last two episodes were anywhere near as good as Ozymandias.

I liked Granite State more than Ozymandias.

Speevy

Banned

I thought Ozymandias was far better, but my opinion is not important.

It just seems like everyone in the cast felt Ozymandias was the most eventful episode of the season.

Did anyone else get that impression from interviews?

Courage

Eh, not really. Granite State was more of a calmer Ozymandias, where Walt is still deteriorating, but alone. Ozymandias was where everything started falling apart violently. So if Ozymandias was the earthquake, Granite State was the aftershock.

Felina is a volcano.

They're both some of the best episodes of the series, I honestly might choose Granite State.

inm8num2

The last scene of Granite State is an instant classic. The theme music playing was an instant classic.

It almost felt like the conclusion of a series-long arc, coming full circle like that.

And as the producers have said, Walt is going to become something entirely new in the finale.

I prefer Ozy, but really, both episodes were phenomenal. The ending of Granite State was better than certain other series finales.

Vashetti

Banned
Finally caught up, took me a little over two weeks. Season 1 to where we are now.

Not sure what I want to happen. I am so conflicted on Walt, he's a bastard, but I want him to save Jesse and take down Grey Matters.

I think a reconciliation with his family is out of the question.

Not sure if they fit all of that into 50 minutes.

Ozymandias has Cranston's greatest performance to date. And it also moved at breakneck pace. Granite State is more understated yet it was a perfect set up episode for the finale. Theres no going back.

Watching Fifty-One, I forgot how good that bedroom scene with Skyler and Walt was. Skyler was running around the room like a terrified animal trying to escape big bad Walt, that scene is going to stick with me.

Breaking Bad final series ending shrouded in secrecy

Hopefully Vince was decided on which ending he wanted from the beginning and he wasn't umming and ahhing for ages.

By beginning do you mean season 1? Because I don't think they had any idea how the show was going to end then, if I recall correctly Vince didn't come up with the ending until last year.

Or do you mean that you hope that when Vince was coming up with alternate endings he was only doing it for security rather than being unsure of the ending perhaps?

Lamel

Banned
Ozymandias has Cranston's greatest performance to date. And it also moved at breakneck pace. Granite State is more understated yet it was a perfect set up episode for the finale. Theres no going back.

Granite State sealed the deal with the scene when Walt was getting chemo and was like "please stay", and the scene at the end with the music.

Moxx19

Banned
I hope we get more background on what happened with Grey Matter considering that entire part of his life is the underlying motivation for Walt's slow decent into darkness and the creation of his Heisenberg persona.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else think that this show is gonna have an extremely sad ending? Walt has pretty much ruined his family and is dying and the only other person he cared about he pretty much left him for dead. What can walt do to make things "right"?

greatgeek

Banned
Does anyone else think that this show is gonna have an extremely sad ending? Walt has pretty much ruined his family and is dying and the only other person he cared about he pretty much left him for dead. What can walt do to make things "right"?

Nothing. I imagine that BB's ending might be like RDR's, you might sympathize with the Walter White/John Marston but in the end you know that they can never be truly "redeemed"/excused for their crimes.

I don't see how it doesn't end sadly for most everyone involved.

Walt will never get his family back. Nothing will help Jesse even if he lives. Marie already lost Hank.

The only people who could come off unscathed are the Nazis. And I wouldn't put past Gilligan allowing them to ultimately win. But chances are it will be for all.

At this point, I don't even know what a "happy" ending would look like.

Wilbur

Banned
By beginning do you mean season 1? Because I don't think they had any idea how the show was going to end then, if I recall correctly Vince didn't come up with the ending until last year.

Or do you mean that you hope that when Vince was coming up with alternate endings he was only doing it for security rather than being unsure of the ending perhaps?

The latter

Top Bottom