• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Wilbur

Banned
I'm hoping she gets her own show. Vince Gilligan is who usually gets the credit for BB and deservedly so, but Michelle Maclaren played a huge part in this show being as good as it is.

The fact she's already working for HBO on GOT means she may get her own project.

Sepinwall made the point that if Alan Taylor's managed to bag a few blockbuster movies off his work on GOT, then McLaren should easily be able to. She might not want to do that, but she's a phenomenal director and should be allowed to do whatever she wants to in the business.

Diablos

HbIVWMB.jpg

Frost_Ace

Sepinwall made the point that if Alan Taylor's managed to bag a few blockbuster movies off his work on GOT, then McLaren should easily be able to. She might not want to do that, but she's a phenomenal director and should be allowed to do whatever she wants to in the business.

Agreed, the scene with the cousins in one minute blows many hollywood action films out of the water.

Hindle

Banned

Yep.

The idea of a Hollywood action blockbuster or thriller from either Gilligan or Maclaren is awesome. I think both would add some much needed characterisation to a blockbuster IMO, and actual great writing as well.

inm8num2

Agreed, the scene with the cousins in one minute blows many hollywood action films out of the water.

Out of all the scenes in the entire series, that was probably the one that had my heart pumping most quickly.

When the cousin points the gun at Hank while he's on the ground...just overwhelmingly tense and heartbreaking.

inm8num2

Watching Hazard Pay right now, never would have guessed that unassuming Todd would end up being such a major player.

It's funny how Mike tells the Vamonos guys to not talk to Walt and Jesse, to just do their job and go about their business.

Then Todd stops them and says he turned off a nanny cam. It's a ballsy move and pays off dividends for him.

Thats awesome. How are we at thread 3 already? Every other season didn't make it past 1 thread. Can't believe how huge this show got.

Ratings alone should show that. It's exponentially grown since first half of season 5. We hate AMC for doing it but they were really smart and it's paying off.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Ratings alone should show that. It's exponentially grown since first half of season 5. We hate AMC for doing it but they were really smart and it's paying off.

The fact that all the seasons on netflix helps a lot too. Everyone caught up because of it. Now I don't seem crazy talking about it since everyone knows about it.

Skyler dies cause Marie kills her for being a bad sister.
Walt saves Jesse. Jesse Kills Walt JR.
Holly Kills Jack.
Todd dies cause he's a giant douche.

Neverfade

When do these episodes go up on iTunes or Amazon Instant? I obviously have to be scheduled to work tomorrow night so I'll miss it live.

inm8num2

"He is a really fascinating character and always will remain so for me, but I found him very sympathetic and very likeable in the pilot episode. I felt sorry for him being mistreated by his students, I knew he wanted his family to be protected, taken care of. But as the episodes have progressed, his constant lying to his family and to himself has worn down the sympathy that I feel towards the man."

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Skyler dies cause Marie kills her for being a bad sister.
Walt saves Jesse. Jesse Kills Walt JR..
What what what

Why would Jessie kill Walt Jr.? As revenge for Walt's non-lethal poisoning of a child? Jessie wouldn't kill an innocent in cold blood just to get back at Walt.

Ashok

Banned
I'm interested in what Michelle Maclaren does next. Any new show from her has my interest from day one.
+1. I love how all my top shows --- Fringe, Breaking Bad, The Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Homeland, etc. are all threaded together with X-Files alumni.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Got this today ready for the finale:

IMG_20130928_163609.jpg

You can't tell very easily from the picture but it has blue sugar crystals on top, looks amazing.

rekameohs

Banned
Yep.

The idea of a Hollywood action blockbuster or thriller from either Gilligan or Maclaren is awesome. I think both would add some much needed characterisation to a blockbuster IMO, and actual great writing as well.
Don't forget a Hollywood blockbuster with Slovis as DP. Man, that'd be purdy.

Top Bottom