• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Wilbur

Banned
I figured as much. I will say though at this point there's a small part of me that's afraid the ending is going to suck. There's no way the ending will be so bad it will retroactively ruin the whole show right? :(

It won't suck! It's likely it won't be exactly what you want but then we really should have no reason not to believe in Gilligan now. He's not made a step wrong yet.

I am a bit worried that he didn't have an absolute singular vision for the ending, hence the alternatives. So hopefully they were for security's sake.

I want the series to end with Walt's cancer back in remission.

He's killed the nazis, Marie, and Jesse, and stolen his money back.

It ends with him in a huge beach mansion somewhere in South America, smoking cigars with fine women walking around.

He takes a bunch of pictures with the girls, flipping off the camera, throwing $100 bills around everywhere, drinking, and puts them in an envelope along with a single penny.

He sends the envelope to Skylar and his son.

They open it and read a letter written with something like "Nice try, but fuck you. You missed out. Here's the child support btw LOL" as the single penny falls to the floor.

Vince Gilligan.

Edit: Call the episode "Heads Up" with the last shot being the penny landing heads up.

Courage

It won't suck! It's likely it won't be exactly what you want but then we really should have no reason not to believe in Gilligan now. He's not made a step wrong yet.

I am a bit worried that he didn't have an absolute singular vision for the ending, hence the alternatives. So hopefully they were for security's sake.

Eh, alternative endings can be part of his vision. I doubt he'd consider endings that wouldn't be fitting.

You're right I'm just being a bit paranoid. Considering how fantastic these last eight, well, seven have been, it would be odd for the finale to suck. As for what I want the ending to be, I just want it to be good, which I believe it will be.

Wilbur

Banned
Eh, alternative endings can be part of his vision. I doubt he'd consider endings that wouldn't be fitting.

Yeah, I trust him for sure. It would probably just be a bit better if he said "this is the only way Breaking Bad can end", although its obviously understandable he'd explore a few options

DiddyBop

Anyone else miss the dark humour of the first few seasons? There are times when I would legitimately be laughing. The turn to a more serious drama was the obvious course and the show is still great, just miss those lighter moments. Guess the change was intentional as shit got more real in subsequent seasons.

Yep, I can't see him fucking up the ending after everything else.
As long as it's executed well, I'm not really fussed how it ends.

If you think about every season finale, none of them were outright predictable. How many people could have guessed that was how Gus was going to die. I think we all are thinking way too obvious when it comes to this finale.

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone else miss the dark humour of the first few seasons? There are times when I would legitimately be laughing. The turn to a more serious drama was the obvious course and the show is still great, just miss those lighter moments. Guess the change was intentional as shit got more real in subsequent seasons.

There's still moments. Rabid Dog was a hilarious episode for lots of it, real dark humour in a few scenes. Ozymandias had the song as he rolled his way through the desert, last week had Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium. There's less of it, but it's also become more black as the show's gone on.

NotLiquid

I sort of miss it. The humor at times was what made it feel a bit more "real", but then again, the development of the characters is now filling that connection.

The lack of humor is mostly notable in the development of Jesse. Ever since the Season 3 finale he's lost so much of his more laid-back and easy going approach to life, and he used to be the one that was responsible for most of the "funnier" moments.

inm8num2

If you think about every season finale, none of them were outright predictable. How many people could have guessed that was how Gus was going to die. I think we all are thinking way too obvious when it comes to this finale.

Sadly I had seen the leaked photo of Gus before the finale aired, so as soon as Walt started working with Tio and testing the pipe bombs I knew it was coming.

Robot Pants

In my opinion, Rabid Dog was a wrong step but I know what you mean. I trust in Gilligan and I REAAAAAALLLY hope the finale won't suck.

It ends with him in a huge beach mansion somewhere in South America, smoking cigars with fine women walking around.

He takes a bunch of pictures with the girls, flipping off the camera, throwing $100 bills around everywhere, drinking, and puts them in an envelope along with a single penny.

They open it and read a letter written with something like "Nice try, but fuck you. You missed out. Here's the child support btw LOL" as the single penny falls to the floor.

Vince Gilligan.

Awesome ending

Vashetti

Banned
What was everybody's ONE favourite scene from the entire show?

Has to be "Stay out of my territory" for me. Love that song, it really makes the scene.

Has to be "Stay out of my territory" for me. Love that song, it really makes the scene.

Walt pushing his barrel of money through the desert to the tune of "take my true love by the hand". I'm serious. That was so great.

Felina is strong and I rise where I've fallen,
Though I am weary I can't stop to rest.

One day.

Crawl Space

I didn't think anything would surpass the quality of the final scene of One Minute, then Crawl Space comes along.
Bryan Cranston should be the old Joker if they ever make a movie of The Dark Knight Returns.

Guess Who

Banned
The lack of humor is mostly notable in the development of Jesse. Ever since the Season 3 finale he's lost so much of his more laid-back and easy going approach to life, and he used to be the one that was responsible for most of the "funnier" moments.

Killing Gale really fucked with Jesse's head hard. Dude isn't cut out for killing.

Grinchy

Banned
Killing Gale really fucked with Jesse's head hard. Dude isn't cut out for killing.

Yeah, he's a huge emo pussy. I hope the Nazi group kills Brock in front of him too and then throws Andrea's and Brock's heads down into his cell with him so he has to live with his mistakes until he starves to death. Also they should dig up Jane's grave and throw her decomposed body down in there too.

Guess Who

Banned
Yeah, he's a huge emo pussy. I hope the Nazi group kills Brock in front of him too and then throws Andrea's and Brock's heads down into his cell with him so he has to live with his mistakes until he starves to death. Also they should dig up Jane's grave and throw her decomposed body down in there too.

Breaking Bad discussions are always the ultimate test of Poe's Law to me.

Courage

Also have Walt take a shit on him while he's in his pit.

vpance

Vince Gilligan.

I like the way you think. Too bad they don't have the balls to do it!

A little extreme, but I can dig it, in a Silent Hill, Clive Barker sort of way.

Wilbur

Banned

Might be a bit recent, but all the watching and rewatching I've done and nothing has made me tear up and feel sick like Walt stealing Holly and Skyler chasing after him did. Three times I watched that scene and every time I just had chills.

NotLiquid

Indeed, Full Measures was a powerful episode for more than the intensity alone. The episode was something of a paradigm shift for the entire series and it was around that time it truly felt like the series, as well as all the characters, had "grown up".

Obvious answer from me; but has to be Jesse's entire breakdown in One Minute.

I am so unbelievably looking forward to this. I have to wait until Monday night to watch it which sucks, but I can't remember the last time I've been this confident that a finale will be satisfying. I have no concerns about it being a letdown.

Bring it on, bitch!

sappyday

I have so many that is so hard to just pick one.

So I'm just gonna list some.

- Talking pillow
- Crawl space
- Walter-Skyler fight
- One Minute
- Gus's death
- Stay out of my territory
- Walter-Skyler fight (51)
- When Gus poisons the cartel

Mononoke

Banned
Breaking Bad discussions are always the ultimate test of Poe's Law to me.

EDIT: I do agree with your post actually. I re-read it. I don't get why people take pleasure in Jesse suffering. Even if you think he was in the wrong for doing what he did (not saying he was, but even if you did) - why would you want to see man watch a little boy get killed? WTF.

joesmokey

There were glimpses of it this season with Jesse's old crew (teleportation bit), but overall, I definitely have been missing it too. The show has eschewed that for more big storytelling moments and one-on-one reaction shots.

EDIT: I do agree with your post actually. I re-read it. I don't get why people take pleasure in Jesse suffering. Even if you think he was in the wrong for doing what he did (not saying he was, but even if you did) - why would you want to see man watch a little boy get killed? WTF.

Because it's edgy and cool to act like a sociopath.

I'm not saying the post above applies to this, I'm pretty sure it's a joke.

Courage

All of these tribute/fan videos you guys are posting don't touch the masterful Ecstasy of Gold video. I can't wait for the version with the final 8 in it.

I'm hoping she gets her own show. Vince Gilligan is who usually gets the credit for BB and deservedly so, but Michelle Maclaren played a huge part in this show being as good as it is.

The fact she's already working for HBO on GOT means she may get her own project.

Although it's becoming less so as TV continues to be amazing, traditionally TV is the writers game and Film is the directors game. Great writers go and get their own shows, while great directors probably move to film.

Like Alan Taylor jumping to films after many years of excellent TV directing (culminating in his Game of Thrones work), I wouldn't be surprised to see MacLaren tapped to direct some big films. For now, I'm perfectly content to see her excellent work on GoT.

Mononoke

Banned
Because it's edgy and cool to act like a sociopath.

I'm not saying the post above applies to this, I thought it was pretty clear it was a joke.

I can be dense sometimes.

Anyways, I'm someone that doesn't love Jesse like some fans. But hell, no one should go through the things he's gone through. Just awful. He would be better off dead by this point.

Ellasman

Hey guys screenshot from the last episode leaked

tumblr_mtue8hLxtu1rajmulo1_1280.jpg

I don't think so. He's bald. Also there's a spoiler thread.

vpance

Walt a criminal protagonist. Jesse is a criminal side character. Jesse turns on criminal protagonist, by going against the criminal activity he willingly participated in.

Fans get angry. I don't think there is anything deeper to this. Had Jesse just shot Walt, I think most of those fans would have been more okay, then him going to the feds.

Pretty much. If they had another season to work with though, I don't think the writers would've gone down this exact route for Jesse. The character turn felt expedited, and kind of diminishes what he's done in previous seasons.

Depending on what happens in the last ep, the only impression I'm left with Jesse isn't great - a weak side character with anger and maturity issues.

Things that would redeem him:
-Jesse sac's himself to save Walt
-Walt and Jesse forgive and forget and become tru family :)

Edit: Oh, you edited, lol. To be clear, I don't care if he lives or dies or is tortured (it's just a show), but I just thought that post with the horror ending idea was kind of funny.

Dartastic

The next episode I have to watch in my quest to catch up is Ozymandias. My power is out though, and my laptop doesn't have enough battery to watch the whole thing. FFFFFFFFFFF

Top Bottom