• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Holmes

The next episode I have to watch in my quest to catch up is Ozymandias. My power is out though, and my laptop doesn't have enough battery to watch the whole thing. FFFFFFFFFFF
oh god oh man oh god oh man. If only I could watch that episode for the first time again.

Pretty much. If they had another season to work with though, I don't think the writers would've gone down this exact route for Jesse. The character turn felt expedited, and kind of diminishes what he's done in previous seasons.

Depending on what happens in the last ep, the only impression I'm left with Jesse isn't great - a weak side character with anger and maturity issues.

Things that would redeem him:
-Jesse sac's himself to save Walt
-Walt and Jesse forgive and forget and become tru family :)

Edit: Oh, you edited, lol. To be clear, I don't care if he lives or dies or is tortured (it's just a show), but I just thought that post with the horror ending idea was kind of funny.

How was Jesse's turn expedited? I mean to fair, it's not like Walt and Jesse have been buddy-buddy throughout the whole series. Hell they were mostly antagonistic towards each other during the 4th season and the only reason they got back with each other is because of Walt lying about the whole Brock situation.

At this point I think it's more likely Jesse kills himself due to depression than to save Walt. Them forgiving each other is something I can't see happening either, considering the damage that's been done.

Edit: Oh, you edited, lol. To be clear, I don't care if he lives or dies or is tortured (it's just a show), but I just thought that post with the horror ending idea was kind of funny.

Well, of course you care. You're watching the show. You're continuing to watch the show. You care enough to go online and engage in discussions with strangers about the show. There's a level of caring there, obviously.

You can care about the characters in a TV show. You don't have to specify that you understand they're fictional.

OBBxtzN.png

On my computer, I have a worksheet that I use to track all of my TV shows progress. Green for the name of the series means I am up to date, and green for the series number means I have completed that series. Gold on the series name means I have watched every episode, and the series is finished.

Come tomorrow, Breaking Bad will be gold :(

Lamel

Banned
OBBxtzN.png

On my computer, I have a worksheet that I use to track all of my TV shows progress. Green for the name of the series means I am up to date, and green for the series number means I have completed that series. Gold on the series name means I have watched every episode, and the series is finished.

Why.

vpance

How was Jesse's turn expedited? I mean to fair, it's not like Walt and Jesse have been buddy-buddy throughout the whole series. Hell they were mostly antagonistic towards each other during the 4th season and the only reason they got back with each other is because of Walt lying about the whole Brock situation.

It just did, to me at least. I don't think they would've handled it like that in the span of 2 episodes if they had more time, but they were pretty much forced to. I feel it's a black mark on an otherwise good season. Just my personal opinion.

At this point I think it's more likely Jesse kills himself due to depression than to save Walt. Them forgiving each other is something I can't see happening either, considering the damage that's been done.

So dark :( But after Andrea's death it wouldn't surprise me if they did it.

Well, of course you care. You're watching the show. You're continuing to watch the show. You care enough to go online and engage in discussions with strangers about the show. There's a level of caring there, obviously.

You can care about the characters in a TV show. You don't have to specify that you understand they're fictional.

It's hard to tell how involved, emotionally wise, people posting in this thread are with the show. But for me I like reading and discussing it on a debate like level I guess, trying to figure out why people have their opinions on the characters and story. In the end I think I care more about experiencing a well thought out and interesting storyline above anything else in particular. Which is why some things about the show bugged me, and some other things impress me.

Batigol

Banned
I hope Walt remembers Todd helped him kill Mike's men. He must remember Todd is not a Nazi so must spare his life. Possibly Jack's, too.

Todd needs to live because the show needs to promote the fact that people can change. So, he shot some kid. Everyone forgot about it after two episodes anyway.

OBBxtzN.png

People watched Seinfeld from start to finish?

inm8num2

I hope Walt remembers Todd helped him kill Mike's men. He must remember Todd is not a Nazi so must spare his life. Possibly Jack's, too.

Todd needs to live because the show needs to promote the fact that people can change. So, he shot some kid. Everyone forgot about it after two episodes anyway.

This isn't Rocky IV. Todd and Jack are scumbag Nazi pieces of shit that deserve to die slow and excruciating deaths.

It's hard to tell how involved, emotionally wise, people posting in this thread are with the show. But for me I like reading and discussing it on a debate like level I guess, trying to figure out why people have their opinions on the characters and story.

These two sentences seem to be slightly at odds. If you can't tell why (or how much) people are invested in the show, then how can you figure out why they have their opinions if you fundamentally don't understand the concept of emotional investment in fiction?

I find it hard to believe that your interest in the show is entirely academic, especially considering the content of your posts regarding the morality of the characters within it.

Batigol

Banned
This isn't Rocky IV. Todd and Jack are scumbag Nazi pieces of shit that deserve to die slow and excruciating deaths.

If this is Rocky IV then Todd is that general secretary who learns the error of his ways at the end.

Jack is Drago's trainer who gets tossed aside by Drago.

Walt is Drago and Rocky at the same time

elry09

Neo Member
I like lists, here is my list of the top ten episodes of Breaking Bad of all time, mild spoilers I guess:

1. Hermanos - This episode is the origin story of one of the most fascinating villains of all time(maybe second to Omar from the Wire) Gus. And its heart breaking
2. Dead Freight - A thrilling heist episode with one of the most disturbing endings of all times.
3. Crawl Space - One of the most well written,directed and acted episodes of any tv series ever, and Bryan Cranston deserves all the awards ever made for the final, haunting scene.
4. Ozymandias- Yeah. Its a rough episode to watch. Some of the hardest to watch scenes ever. It awards everything that has happened in the previous 59 episodes. And has the best performance by a baby...EVER!
5. Peek a Boo - Jessie spends a terrifying night with some meth heads. The scenes between Jessie and the little kid are heart breaking.
6. 4 Days Out - A planned marathon cook in the desert, what could go wrong?
7. Fly - The most debated episode, some love it, some hate it. I thought it was an interesting hour of television. Just Walt and Jesse stuck in the meth lab trying to kill a fly.
8. One Minute - The best directed action sequence the show has ever done. I remember being on the edge of my seat during the whole amazing sequence.
9. Salud - Gus is my favorite character so it makes sense that i love this episode. Gus, Mike and Jessie take a vacation...
10. pilot - Just because it sets everything up. Its also amazing to go back and watch it now and see how much the characters have devolped over the five seasons.

if Walt jr or Jesse ends up killing Walt in the finale i'll be pissed and :(

My brother told me that Jesse has never killed anyone throughout the series, is that true?

what if Walt is the first :eek:

also i hope the episode doesn't start with a future setting, like "on this day X number of years ago, we reflect on Walt and bleh bleh" with an older walt jr watching.

Ellasman

if Walt jr or Jesse ends up killing Walt in the finale i'll be pissed and :(

My brother told me that Jesse has never killed anyone throughout the series, is that true?

what if Walt is the first :eek:

also i hope the episode doesn't start with a future setting, like "on this day X number of years ago, we reflect on Walt and bleh bleh" with an older walt jr watching.

If you haven't watched the entire show I would suggest you don't watch the finale tomorrow.

What? Fuck them both, especially Todd. Todd tortured Jesse, then killed Andrea in front of Jesse, then threatened to do the same to her kid. Not to mention the kid he shot. There's no moral ambiguity, he's a freak.

That dead-eyed motherfucker needs to tour the inside of a barrel.

1. Ozymandias
2. Crawl Space
3. Confessions
4. 4 Days Out
5. Face-off
6. One Minute
7. Dead Freight
8. Salud
9. Fly
10. Peekaboo

I hope Felina is at least top 5 material :D

vpance

These two sentences seem to be slightly at odds. If you can't tell why (or how much) people are invested in the show, then how can you figure out why they have their opinions if you fundamentally don't understand the concept of emotional investment in fiction?

I understand people can get heavily involved in fictional shows. Which is why in my original post I wanted to clarify that this is still mostly just a show to me, and I wouldn't ever wish or hope death or whatever to happen to any real life person I know.

I find it hard to believe that your interest in the show is entirely academic, especially considering the content of your posts regarding the morality of the characters within it.

Mostly academic, but definitely still a fan.

Frolow

Banned
1. Face Off
2. Ozymandias
3. Salud
4. Crawl Space
5. Dead Freight
6. End Times
7. Fly
8. 4 Days Out
9. ...and the Bags in the River
10. Peekaboo

Gus's final run had some of the best episodes in the series.

Pakkidis

Haven't read a single post in this thread. The last 2 weeks I have been on a Breaking Bad Binge. Started from season 1 and now I'm on season 5 second last episode. I actually enjoy watching tv this way. The week in between shows would be killer for me. I was averaging 2-4 episodes a day :p

I also went back to read some of the reactions to certain episodes. Kinda funny. Reminds me of the days of Lost.... those were the days.

Top Bottom