• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

So I started watching the show midway through part 2 of season 5 but went back and watched seasons 1-4 to "catch up". It's hands down my favorite show of all time. Ozymandias is easily one of the best hours of television ever. Sunday can't get here fast enough.

Does anyone know if this comes with the first half of the season? I don't have Netflix but I really want to see all of season 5.

Exuro

Just caught up from episode 10. So much happened. Holy crap. I try to think of Walt as the villain but end up wanting to root for him. : /

elry09

Neo Member
Im watching through the marathon right now, I think Hermanos may be my favorite episode ever. Its pretty much the origin story of Gus.

Okay. Prediction. Walt will save Jesse. Walt lost his family and Jr. blames him for many things. Walt will see Jesse as the only thing that might be some kind of family,

Im watching through the marathon right now, I think Hermanos may be my favorite episode ever. Its pretty much the origin story of Gus.

Season 4 makes Gus into an absolutely evil monster villain at the beginning, a protagonist you can root for in the middle, and back to an evil monster villain at the end without having him really change character much at all. That was an incredible feat.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Uhgghhrysinuphbbhblbhhbllluhm­y­lyyyyyfeeeee

lol

Season 4 makes Gus into an absolutely evil monster villain at the beginning, a protagonist you can root for in the middle, and back to an evil monster villain at the end without having him really change character much at all. That was an incredible feat.

The box cutter scene is still just amazing to me. The amount of menace he relays with no words is just astounding. Then the smug "Well? Get back to work." So great.

It also birthed this, which is just hilariously weird.

Dany

Banned
tumblr_mtrqfp0o9L1qie5kfo1_500.jpg

lol, fuck walt

jred2k

lol

The box cutter scene is still just amazing to me. The amount of menace he relays with no words is just astounding. Then the smug "Well? Get back to work." So great.

As good as Aaron Paul is this season I'm still kind of amazed Giancarlo didn't win the Emmy that year.

Watching Season 4 and I miss the days when Jesse and Walt were bros :(

It's all so dark and grim now. Wouldn't have the final season any other way though.

Niraj

yo mr white when are we gonna cook again bitch

i dont KNOW jesse
i am just trying to provide for my family
CANT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT

Niraj

I always forget Papa Joe Yakavetta is in this

"So you understand what asshole means. Now get me my phenylacetic acid, asshole."

Ecto311

I think it might end in a similar way to the last scene in 'Half Measures' back in season 4.
Replace the two gang members with Uncle Jack and his gang and the car with the machine gun. Walt will save Jesse, look at him and say "run", Jesse will run away and Walt will die.

Jesse will live, and he and the audience will be left with the question "Why did Walt go back for Jesse?". Because his family is a lost cause at this point... He wont be able to redeem himself with them (especially Walt Jr). Jesse is all he has left and is his one way to go down fighting.

Just a thought.

Then Jesse runs off and starts a high end racecar crime league. Breaking Bad was all a prequel to Need for Speed the movie.

I swear if there is even a slight reference to Breaking bad in the NFS movie I will shit my pants. I'll take them off and shit right on top of them in the theatre.

Niraj

That scene between Walt and Jr is so heartbreaking...

I think RJ Mitte did a great job in that scene. There's just something incredibly offputting about seeing your dad cry, and I think he captured that pretty well.

Frost_Ace

That scene between Walt and Jr is so heartbreaking...

I think RJ Mitte did a great job in that scene. There's just something incredibly offputting about seeing your dad cry, and I think he captured that pretty well.
probably my favorite scene in the whole series.

Salud <3

Niraj

probably my favorite scene in the whole series.

Salud <3

Ugh the conversation the next day about how Walt wants Jr to remember him after he's dead...depressing, particularly after Ozymandias and Granite State.

MIMIC

Banned
Marathoning AMC.

Was cleaning my room and just kept watching. I forgot how funny this show can be (watching the "Face Off" episode)

I'm watching through the Amc marathon as well.

This show has some funny moments. And Hank is weird. I think some people said he was a goofball, but he is just like a loud mouth, bro kinda dude, who still kinda seemed he knew how to do his job. I was expecting barnEy fife type stuff, heh.

Its so weird going backwards. I only started watching 3 episodes into season 5. I need to do a proper DVD run through of everything in order.

Man o Man, Gus, you a evil man! Haha.

Hindle

Banned
she worked on GoT this year.

I'm hoping she gets her own show. Vince Gilligan is who usually gets the credit for BB and deservedly so, but Michelle Maclaren played a huge part in this show being as good as it is.

The fact she's already working for HBO on GOT means she may get her own project.

Top Bottom