• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Mononoke

Banned
I really don't think Jesse hated Walt any less in that scene, nods included. Jesse refused to kill Walt because he knew that's what Walt wanted and he's done being Walt's bitch. He knows Walt will die anyways and he'd rather it be slower.

And come on. Jesse doesn't care if Walt calculated it perfectly. No one would care. It's psychotic logic that doesn't really work. "Oh hey you only HALF poisoned my quasi-son? And it was to convince me to kill someone? Oh yeah then we cool." is not something anyone sane would ever think or say.

Another reason I don't think Jesse would get the full brunt of indictment for anything that happened. When the police arrive things actually look pretty cut and dry. I'm not sure they'd even bother dusting for prints.

I think there was a mixture of love and hatred for Walt.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The only "holy shit" moment from the episode was Lydia's death, which I didn't see coming and was masterfully executed.

Really? I felt that was one of the most obvious things to happen. People were guessing she was going to get killed by the ricin as soon as Walt grabbed it from the house, hell, probably even before that.

Speevy

Banned
When did Walt get shot? He was already on the floor when he made the machine gun fire.

He was shot. Just accept it. Every great movie hero has to be mortally wounded, but not to the extent that it stops them from doing something awesome.

Walt had to leave that blood stain on the tank and smile at the sky. He also pressed play on the Baby Blue song.

border

Another reason I don't think Jesse would get the full brunt of indictment for anything that happened. When the police arrive things actually look pretty cut and dry. I'm not sure they'd even bother dusting for prints.

If the tape he made with Hank turns up, Jesse would be pretty much screwed.

Assuming that doesn't happen, it's a little interesting to think about how much of a case they could build against Jesse.

He was shot. Just accept it. Every great movie hero has to be mortally wounded, but not to the extent that it stops them from doing something awesome.

Walt had to leave that blood stain on the tank and smile at the sky. He also pressed play on the Baby Blue song.

fucking church

jtb

Banned
When did Walt get shot? He was already on the floor when he made the machine gun fire.

You can hear Walt audibly grunt when he gets hit. Rewatch the episode, it's there. It show the recoil of the M60 causing it to fire a bit more sporadically, aim-wise, rather than simply shooting in a straight left-to-right line. And since he's on top of Jesse, he's not actually on the ground.

They clearly didn't realize they were dealing with the tf2 engineer

That is so hilarious that I just whipped this up:
iboyxl7eWfqbsO.png

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Because for a finale it was pretty disappointing. Not even as good as 4's or 3's, imo. It didn't feel like a finale until the last 20 minutes

Then again 3 and 4's we had more coming we knew this was gonna end with the one point we all knew was coming. When and how Walt was going to die. We got it in a lab.

I wondered if Walt dying in the lab meant he'd get "credit" for producing the last several months worth of blue meth from the police and drug using community.

My guess would be yes, since Skinny Pete and Badger both thought that was the case anyway. So, as far as the word on the street goes, Heisenberg was cooking up until the police found him dead in the meth lab.

Mononoke

Banned
Because for a finale it was pretty disappointing. Not even as good as 4's or 3's, imo. It didn't feel like a finale until the last 20 minutes

I loved every second of it. How could you not like the scene with Gretchen and Elliot? I loved the entire scene. Walt basically validated his work through them. A complete power play.

White Man

I was bummed that we didn't get a real Walt/Jesse talking scene this season. The closest we got was the phone call where Jesse got Walt to confess. I guess there was also the scene in the first ep where Walt was trying to convince Jesse that Mike wasn't dead, but that was more Walt talking.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Why did Walt
kill Lydia again?

And I know it's been said, in previous episodes, but someone REALLY likes taking shots of Lydia's legs.

border

My guess would be yes, since Skinny Pete and Badger both thought that was the case anyway. So, as far as the word on the street goes, Heisenberg was cooking up until the police found him dead in the meth lab.

Police know he was in New Hampshire though.

Again, it's kinda interesting to consider how much of the story the police will actually be able to figure out (assuming that every Nazi is dead and there's nobody left to tell the tale).

Mononoke

Banned
I see this face:

tQ8Ff8a.png

And I see both love/hatred and sadness. That - plus the fact that Jesse asked Walt if he wanted to die, shows Jesse still cares about him. That says more about Jesse than Walt. He's a loving person, which made me happy he got peace at the end.

Police know he was in New Hampshire though.

Again, it's kinda interesting to consider how much of the story the police will actually be able to figure out (assuming that every Nazi is dead and there's nobody left to tell the tale).

The police didn't know he was in New Hampshire. They know someone placed a call claiming to be Walter White.

rekameohs

Banned
I was bummed that we didn't get a real Walt/Jesse talking scene this season. The closest we got was the phone call where Jesse got Walt to confess. I guess there was also the scene in the first ep where Walt was trying to convince Jesse that Mike wasn't dead, but that was more Walt talking.

I liked their scene in the desert in "Confessions" quite a bit, with an argument ending in the hug.

The pinnacle of the Walt/Jesse relationship was in "Say My Name", where Jesse left once and for all.

border

The police didn't know he was in New Hampshire. They know someone placed a call claiming to be Walter White.

They found a car stolen in New Hampshire in a Denny's parking lot in New Mexico. Likely with White's DNA and fingerprints all over the place inside it.

Why did Walt kill Lydia again?

And I know it's been said, in previous episodes, but someone REALLY likes taking shots of Lydia's legs.

Lydia is extremely paranoid and cannot allow for loose ends (twelve men, Mike); she's a risk to his family. She would have needed a replacement for the Nazis ensuring constant danger. She was responsible for the distribution of meth throughout the region which forced Walter to make the deal he did with the Nazis, and then keep Jesse alive (which he thought was for a partnership). She was an ally to the Nazis. He intended to kill her one season ago before she made the international deal.

She had to go.

That was absolutely glorious. The greatest vindication of the last two years that I could have ever asked for.

If there were any justice in the world, this would end Maureen Ryan's career. She's done. No credibility after this. Emily Nussbaum wouldn't be much better off. Christ, I wish I could have been there watching it with her. That hack had the gall to call people like me "Bad Fans." Who's the bad fan now?

Some other critic, I forget, said that people who still wanted to root for Walt were "making a smart show dumb." Turns out it was completely fucking the opposite. That hack, and all the derivative clones who aped him, wanted this to be some ridiculous full transformation from white to black. It was never that. It was always shades of gray, and it never stopped being about shades of gray. By denying that, Ryan, Nussbaum, Amir0x, and all those holier-than-thou would-be judges were the ones making a smart show dumb. They were the ones making Gilligan's vision out to be less than it was.

I couldn't have asked for better vindication. I couldn't have asked for a better finale. To everyone on #TeamWalt who stayed strong to the end, adios compadres.

120v

i just got done watching... can't believe its over.

i think the show pretty much ended with ozymandias and the last episode, and this was more of a loose ends kind of thing. i was hoping for an epilogue to see where jesse and some of the other characters ended up, but it was walt's story so it's fitting to end with him. i think the show nudges you in the direction that jesse came out from everything alright

anyway, really good way to end the series, even if the last episode was pretty predictable. the last three or four episodes was a great way to close it out

That was absolutely glorious. The greatest vindication of the last two years that I could have ever asked for.

If there were any justice in the world, this would end Maureen Ryan's career. She's done. No credibility after this. Emily Nussbaum wouldn't be much better off. Christ, I wish I could have been there watching it with her. That hack had the gall to call people like me "Bad Fans." Who's the bad fan now?

Some other critic, I forget, said that people who still wanted to root for Walt were "making a smart show dumb." Turns out it was completely fucking the opposite. That hack, and all the derivative clones who aped him, wanted this to be some ridiculous full transformation from white to black. It was never that. It was always shades of gray, and it never stopped being about shades of gray. By denying that, Ryan, Nussbaum, Amir0x, and all those holier-than-thou would-be judges were the ones making a smart show dumb. They were the ones making Gilligan's vision out to be less than it was.

I couldn't have asked for better vindication. I couldn't have asked for a better finale. To everyone on #TeamWalt who stayed strong to the end, adios compadres.

This is what #TeamWalt actually still believes.

rekameohs

Banned
Lydia is extremely paranoid and cannot allow for loose ends (twelve men, Mike); she's a risk to his family. She would have needed a replacement for the Nazis. She was responsible for the distribution of meth throughout the region which forced Walter to make the deal he did with the Nazis, and then keep Jesse alive (which he thought was for a partnership). She was an ally to the Nazis.

She had to go.

I think it might have been as simple as she's the one profiting off of Heisenberg's work, just like Gretchen and Elliott were off of Walt's work (at least in his mind), so he didn't want the same thing to happen. He wanted to be the only one with the empire, and if it collapses, it's going with him, not with her.

Top Bottom