• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Needs to have the snow fall away to have a smaller version of Walt hitting the smaller window, with that snow falling away to show another Walt again hitting a smaller window, and so on.

What have I (and /r/BreakingBad) done?

KingK

I just watched the finale again, and I think I liked it even better the second time. I still thought it was great last night, but I was waiting for something to blow my mind and was slightly underwhelmed that it was mostly what I had predicted and nothing (except Walt actually confronting Gretchen and Elliot) actually shocked me. Of course it ended up following through on the remaining plot threads in the most logical and satisfying manner, really, so I can't fault it much for that.

Watching it again and knowing what was coming, I was much more appreciative of just how fucking well it was executed. The whole episode felt essentially like an epilogue, reflecting on our journey over the years and providing closure for those left in an extremely satisfying and beautiful way.

Jesse's situation by the end of this show reminded me a lot of Theon/Reek. I got really close to crying when he finally escaped everything. So glad he didn't die.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad Jesse got out but, man, he's not going to last long. He's so broken :(

yfw last time experiencing this after a new episode

78632-executive-producer-Vince-Gilli-lfAw.jpeg

Jesse-elite-daily.png

Tookay

What do you guys think of this ending:

• Walt's entire family gets killed. Skyler, Flynn, Holly.

• Walt's cancer gets cured. He has to live with this for the rest of his life in jail. All five seasons and everything he went through was for nothing.

This would have been at least 100x better than the "play everything as safe as possible and tie everything up in a neat bow" ending what we got and would have put Breaking Bad's finale into god tier category instead of just meh-tier.
No.

NO.

he'd surely figure something out, that's what he's always done

just cause he has no money doesn't mean he's option-less

he wouldn't just off himself like that

ALTERNATIVELY i really do think he'd turn himself in rather than kill himself

so for me its either he keeps running or actually turns himself in

He could become a lumberjack. That would be a great ending like another show that just had its finale.../sarcasm.

So Dexter finale spoilers are getting thrown around in here now?

People are doing you a favor, show sucks after season 4. I say that as an ex Dexter fan.

TUROK

What do you guys think of this ending:

• Walt's entire family gets killed. Skyler, Flynn, Holly.

• Walt's cancer gets cured. He has to live with this for the rest of his life in jail. All five seasons and everything he went through was for nothing.

This would have been at least 100x better than the "play everything as safe as possible and tie everything up in a neat bow" ending what we got and would have put Breaking Bad's finale into god tier category instead of just meh-tier.
An dark ending for the sake of a dark ending is beyond lame.

The Hermit

I actually can't believe that Gilligan pulled off a finale that could make both #teamwalt and #notteamwalt satisfied. Just read the review from http://wegotthiscovered.com/, and it has some amazing points.

I did it for me
Never expected to hear those words through the entire show. I love that scene so much.

and that last scene of Jesse was so relieving... poor kid.

artist

Banned
#TeamWalt here and stoked that #Skysky got sidelined to the hilt like she ought to.

Salut Heisenberg, truly the modern hero.

Courage

LOL, wait, is he forcing him to make more Breaking Bad?

yup, he told him that vince should use his imagination and that it could have been walt's twin brother, or he faked his death or it was a dream and he was still in the doctor's office staring at the mustard on his coat. He then finished by telling Vince to keep typing "bitch"

GavinGT

Banned
What's everyone's favorite comedic Breaking Bad moment? Mine's either the part where D.J. Squalls busted Badger or Badger's Star Trek script about the pie-eating contest.

Ithil

What's everyone's favorite comedic Breaking Bad moment? Mine's either the part where D.J. Squalls busted Badger or Badger's Star Trek script about the pie-eating contest.

The domino effect of absolutely everything going wrong during Walt and Jesse's four day cookout, ending in Jesse dumping out the last of their water on a generator as Walt runs out with a fire extinguisher.
"Oh, YOU, thinking? Well at least now we have identified the source of the problem!"

I'm surprised that people are surprised Walt would target Lydia. She was for all intents and purposes the true kingpin of the entire meth operation. It was all her contacts and money and support that kept the operation flowing. Walt, Jesse, and Todd were just cooks. The nazis were just muscle. Lydia was the operation.

Of course she had to die. That's not even getting into the fact that Walt knew what type of creature she was. She's much too dangerous to leave alone, especially when you take down her entire operation. Who knows in what way she would've lashed out.

She would have Skyler killed.

I thought he killed her because they were making his meth and profiting from his brand. And of course she can't get away with that.

That too.

jtb

Banned

This is my own private domicile and I will not be harassed...

BITCH

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

The Walt + Jesse scene in the RV trying to avoid Hank. The bitch Jesse adds at the end of the private domicile line is amazing.

GavinGT

Banned
The domino effect of absolutely everything going wrong during Walt and Jesse's four day cookout, ending in Jesse dumping out the last of their water on a generator as Walt runs out with a fire extinguisher.
"Oh, YOU, thinking? Well at least now we have identified the source of the problem!"

"Ahhh....wire!"

Speevy

Banned

Just about everything Saul said in the first few episodes he was in.

My favorite line though is from Mike:

This is paraphrasing, not the actual line: It's when Walt is meeting with Gus.

Walt: "If I'm going to drive any farther, I'm gonna need some guarantees."
Mike: "All right. I guarantee I can still kill you from here."

Baby Blue (the final song on the show) is number 16 on the iTunes charts. Quite a feat actually.

I keep replaying it and dying inside. :(

thekad

Banned
I think a lot of people's problems with the finale stems from them being fooled by the cinematography and acting that this show was something more than it was. The writing has never put Breaking Bad up to par with stuff like The Sopranos and The Wire.

livestOne

Todd's last line is so perfect, walt's just massacred his entire crew and his uncle and he gives no fucks he's just impressed by the whole thing "geezus mr white, that was awesome"

Vire

I think a lot of people's problems with the finale stems from them being fooled by the cinematography and acting that this show was something more than it was. The writing has never put Breaking Bad up to par with stuff like The Sopranos and The Wire.

Go back to the shitty Homeland thread.

i would kill for fake news coverage of all of this shit like we got with the plane collision. i don't know why. we didn't get to see that side of it; neither did walt, so i guess that's how it's supposed to be.

yeah, i really want to see mock local news footage of kids in a parking lot at the high school talking about mr. white, or some report about local attorney saul goodman disappearing

Wag

Damnit. I watched the episode on UK Netflix and there was no song at the end, just the typical finale credits music. What was the song they played?

Ithil

"The high quality of the show tricked people into thinking it was good". I for one would like to see more tricks like that. Or illusions.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
The post-Heisenberg Walt these last 2 episodes has been fascinating.

Walt is Heisenberg when he's scheming to save his own skin or making a power move. In the finale, we're seeing a world-weary, broken Walt who still has his genius, but has given up both desire for power and any notions of self preservation.

But this isn't the same pre-Heisenberg Walt either. His insecurities are totally gone, he's no longer suffers from crippling insecurities about his success in life or manhood. His interactions with Skylar and Jesse are amazingly cathartic and exhibit the most genuine honesty and sincerity we've ever seen from him. You see true heartbreak when he glimpses Walt Jr, but also a real, un-cynical acceptance of that sadness, too.

I wish we could have seen more than 1.5 episodes of this Walt. In his last transformation, he is so at peace with himself, it's amazing.

C4Lukins

Just rewatching the finale. What does Todd say as he is looking out the blinds right before he says "Mr. White" and Jesse attacks him? I just rewatched that moment a half dozen times and cannot make it out.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.

lol

Top Bottom