• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Game-Biz

Watched Rabid Dog again...

Such a great episode. Seeing Walt, the whole episode, trying to justify keeping Jesse alive when its obvious to everyone that his death can only benefit the situation. For Hank, Jesse's death could mean capturing Walt; for Skyler it means protecting herself and her family; for Saul it means saving his ass - but Walt, like a child who cannot face the truth - can't get past his emotions, can't see that Jesse is like a dog that has clearly gone rabid. Only until Jesse's last vague threat does Walt see that he has no other choice. The writers did such a good job exploring every character's motives and their dark sides. A clear choice to contrast Walt (the bad guy) against the other characters (the good guys) to point out that everyone has selfish tendencies.

Also, in Ozymandias...when the Nazi's are stealing Walt's barrels of money, you can see in Todd's face how upset he is. As if he is genuinely sad for Walt and disapproves of his uncle's actions. And then in Granite State he seems to actually like Jesse. He is such a fucked up, complex, fascinating character. He cares for people, yet he seems to not have any real tangible emotions that can stop him from killing or torturing somebody. The way Todd looks at Jesse, it's almost as if he wished he could feel pain and remorse like Jesse does.

Plemons is excellent. Won't get an Emmy nod but deserves recognition. I'm hoping Jesse and Hank don't cancel each other out like he and Mike did this year.

Even though the finale does indeed have impossible standards, for some reason I have this feeling that Vince Gilligan knows what he is doing and will deliver a proper and good ending for most fans.

Ellasman

Even though the finale does indeed have impossible standards, for some reason I have this feeling that Vince Gilligan knows what he is doing and will deliver a proper and good ending for most fans.

He's always left us hanging, thinking what will happen next. It feels so strange to know that there won't be any next time to leave us waiting for. It was probably hard for him to write something like that haha.

Metalmarc

My picks, i hope im wrong though

image.jpg

He's always left us hanging, thinking what will happen next. It feels so strange to know that there won't be any next time to leave us waiting for. It was probably hard for him to write something like that haha.

Not necessarily. And he's brought that up in recent interviews. Basically - there's the element of surprise, and there's taking into account the inevitability of things. Part of the reason the MASH finale worked on him like it did was because of how inevitable it was.

Sometimes making people guess is a great move. And sometimes, giving people EXACTLY what they know is coming is just as great a move.

rekameohs

Banned
Not necessarily. And he's brought that up in recent interviews. Basically - there's the element of surprise, and there's taking into account the inevitability of things. Part of the reason the MASH finale worked on him like it did was because of how inevitable it was.

Sometimes making people guess is a great move. And sometimes, giving people EXACTLY what they know is coming is just as great a move.
I think most people predicted the Jesse hostage thing happening, but it's still been so heartbreaking to actually see on screen.

Ellasman

What I meant essentially was that it's going to be strange having full closure. He won't leave us hanging again.

I've also never seen MASH.

Ellasman

I think most people predicted the Jesse hostage thing happening, but it's still been so heartbreaking to actually see on screen.

He's been hostage for 2 months
It has been about 2 months since Walt left right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Really interested to see what has happened to him over those 2 months.

Hey, Jackie Brown is on IFC.

It's screening at the Laurelhurst here in Portland, although that was scheduled before last Sunday - it's part of a monthlong celebration of Elmore Leonard.

But I love that the whole reason Forster is in Breaking Bad is due to his performance in that movie.

Speevy

Banned
Here are my picks:

Todd: Jesse kills him
Lydia: Prison
Walt: Kills himself
Jesse: Suicide
Skyler: New life with Walter Jr.
Marie: Lives, very sad now.
Walter Jr: Breakfast forever.
Jack/Jack's men: Dead in firefight with police or mad scientist explosion via Walt/Jesse
Saul: Never seen again
Elliot/Gretchen: Ruined via Walt post-death, not sure how yet.

Walt makes a confession tape where he says Elliot Schwartz is behind blue meth, and he forced him to create the meth in his lab and used his supply chain to distribute it.

It's screening at the Laurelhurst here in Portland, although that was scheduled before last Sunday - it's part of a monthlong celebration of Elmore Leonard.

But I love that the whole reason Forster is in Breaking Bad is due to his performance in that movie.

How's that? I genuinely have no idea why that would be the case.

How's that? I genuinely have no idea why that would be the case.
THR said:
Forster says he got a call from Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould, who wrote and directed the episode. The pair told him they'd loved his work in Jackie Brown and pictured his character, bail bondsman Max Cherry, when imagining the disappearer.

FootballFan

I'm probably in the extreme minority here, but would have loved to see the show conclude with an arc involving the cartel instead of a band of white supremacists. Gus/Cartel would have been a much more worthy end game adversary than Onkel Jack in my opinion. And I also believe that most of the pieces would have still been in place (if of course you switch certain arcs) for the story to conclude in the similar fashion as it will (I do not how it will end) tomorrow.

Season Boss Fights
1.Crazy 8
2.Tuco
3.Uncle Jack/ Any gang of criminals (who in my alternate version would of been the muscle for Tuco)
4.Gus
5.The Cartel

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
It's today, guys :(

What's your farewell song?

http://youtu.be/-5N39qUhEhM this is mine.

EDIT:

Am I a bad person if I ruin the last episode for an exgf who I hate that lives in the West Coast?

Yes, very much so. The fact that you're even thinking about someone you hate says enough, bro.

Anyway, I just got caught up on the series, and I dunno how to feel about these last few episodes of season 5. They're so morbid, more than I'm used to from TV. Just... nothing happy at all anywhere, and I can't foresee any satisfying conclusion come tomorrow.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Since Walt left him with the Nazi's? Probably 4-6 months.

Yeah, I'm wondering how each of the remaining cast members have fared since Walt disappeared, with Jesse being he one that should be most changed (feel like he should be skinny/messed up/drug addict. Some kind of signs of long term imprisonment and despair.

Yes, very much so. The fact that you're even thinking about someone you hate says enough, bro.

Anyway, I just got caught up on the series, and I dunno how to feel about these last few episodes of season 5. They're so morbid, more than I'm used to from TV. Just... nothing happy at all anywhere, and I can't foresee any satisfying conclusion come tomorrow.

I was just kidding ;)

I couldn't do that to my worst enemy.
maybe

GRIP

Guys.... GUYS!!!!!!

Less than 18 hours until Walt murders everyone and becomes the leader of the world!

#TEAMWALT4EVA

DarkFlow

Banned
I think it's been a lot longer, since the flash fwd starts on his birthday at Denny's.

Yeah, I was there. It was fantastic. I posted the link in here when tickets went on sale too so you have no excuse :)

The theater sits 1800 people and the line of ticket holders before the doors opened went all the way down Homer to Georgia, along Georgia to Richards, and back up Richards almost to Robson!

Here's a good article about it that I found (not mine):

http://www.melissadexguzman.ca/blog/?p=501

I'm probably in the extreme minority here, but would have loved to see the show conclude with an arc involving the cartel instead of a band of white supremacists. Gus/Cartel would have been a much more worthy end game adversary than Onkel Jack in my opinion. And I also believe that most of the pieces would have still been in place (if of course you switch certain arcs) for the story to conclude in the similar fashion as it will (I do not how it will end) tomorrow.

Season Boss Fights
1.Crazy 8
2.Tuco
3.Uncle Jack/ Any gang of criminals (who in my alternate version would of been the muscle for Tuco)
4.Gus
5.The Cartel

nah.

The Nazis are a great final villain because they are something that Walt essentially created himself, people like that are what results when you create a damn meth empire.

Ellasman

Yeah, I was there. It was fantastic. I posted the link in here when tickets went on sale too so you have no excuse :)

The theater sits 1800 people and the line of ticket holders before the doors opened went all the way down Homer to Georgia, along Georgia to Richards, and back up Richards almost to Robson!

Here's a good article about it that I found (not mine):

http://www.melissadexguzman.ca/blog/?p=501

LUCKY. I guess I missed your post.

I loved that Granite State dared to be a little "boring" as it were, at least in comparison to the highly charged Ozymandias. I have faith in Gilligan, but, boy, is there a lot to get through tonight, and you have to wonder are those 50 minutes enough for what needs to go down. It's going to be brutal and I'm betting poor Jesse doesn't make it. Still, as long as he gets to put a bullet in Todd's skull, that's alright. Todd's death is the one thing I'm most looking forward to in this episode. Cheesy Terminator Twins aside, the show has done villains very well, and who'd have thought that Todd would have been one of the best. All I know is that he's a creepy little bastard and he's going to finally get what's coming to him tonight.

Ellasman

Anyone watching the marathon right now? Seeing Walt, Jesse and Todd working together like this compared to their current positions is so so strange

Joco

I don't think it will suck but I think TWO more episodes would be perfect. They are gonna have to cram a lot into one episode. I hope they don't waste time.

Walt decides to cook one last batch for old times sake and ends up chasing a fly all over the place for the remainder of the episode.

Fly 2.0.

Top Bottom