• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Just noticed Walt drinks gasoline in the last episode, why does he do that? Is it part of his chemo? or did he need it to get into the Schwartzes house?

BoerBert

Thinking about it, the ONLY thing I kinda thought they would have and I wish they had shown on the finale was Hank & Gomie's funeral, followde by Walt's. The contrast of Hank and Gomie's, with full honours, gun salutes and all that, compared to Walt's with no one attending except maybe Jesse in the background, would have been nice.

That would have been great. Last shot with Jesse walking away, maybe with Brock.

Just noticed Walt drinks gasoline in the last episode, why does he do that? Is it part of his chemo? or did he need it to get into the Schwartzes house?

if you mean at the petrol station then he's just taken a pill and needs water to swallow it. It's not gasoline lol

JustinBB7

Thinking about it, the ONLY thing I kinda thought they would have and I wish they had shown on the finale was Hank & Gomie's funeral, followde by Walt's. The contrast of Hank and Gomie's, with full honours, gun salutes and all that, compared to Walt's with no one attending except maybe Jesse in the background, would have been nice.

Damn.

I would have cried like a bitch if they did that. Though I guess they would have put in Skyler at least maybe..I think she would come right.

Not Junior though, he eats breakfast at that time.

Frost_Ace

Yeah not necessarily the funeral, but some of the emotional fallout of the characters would've been appreciated.

In the end I think the 8/8 split hurt the show more than we think.

kqgaming

Banned
did you guys notice Walter transformed to Mike when he met the Schwartz's ?

he was quite , clean and calm the whole time

also the theory of Breaking bad being a big dream of Walt's is very big out there

Nicktendo86

Yeah not necessarily the funeral, but some of the emotional fallout of the characters would've been appreciated.

In the end I think the 8/8 split hurt the show more than we think.

I agree, the finale was a great episode don't get me wrong but another one following it, maybe dealing with the aftermath, would have been appreciated.

also the theory of Breaking bad being a big dream of Walt's is very big out there

probably the worst theory there is.
The "it was all dream" trick is way too overused (just like "it was his twin brother" trick if you will).
it's just bad, unimaginative writing

How would Walt dream about a daydream that Jesse would have, especially when Jesse never told him the box making story? That scene makes it pretty obvious that it's not a dream from Walt's perspective.

I can't believe people could actually believe this, as opposed to it just being fan wishful thinking.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest it's a dream.

I rather like a different take on the finale-- Walt gets what he wants and a tiny sliver of redemption because he's spent a few months in purgatory (metaphorically that is) coming ot grips with what he's done and who he is. The God of the Breaking Bad universe then puts some keys on the visor for him, and allows all his plans to succeed.

He's still a bastard, but the just universe lets him have a little, and lets him be a weapon against the more deserving.

Sapiens

did you guys notice Walter transformed to Mike when he met the Schwartz's ?

he was quite , clean and calm the whole time

There is only one theory I will accept, and that is Mike being future Walt, even if it makes no sense.

Nameless

The [terrible] dream theory was created by Emily Nussbaum as a last ditch effort to skew Breaking Bad toward her constant misreading of the show.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The [terrible] dream theory was created by Emily Nussbaum as a last ditch effort to skew Breaking Bad toward her constant misreading of the show.

*high five*

Talk about a Bad Fan. That theory is just unimaginative drivel for people to latch onto if they didn't like the finale. "Oh, that's not what I wanted....well, none of it happened then!" It's nonsense.

Stet

Banned

The stupidest thing about the dream theory is that it's invalidated by one question: how would Walt have dreamed correctly that Jesse was held captive and forced to cook?

jtb

Banned
The stupidest thing about the dream theory is that it's invalidated by one question: how would Walt have dreamed correctly that Jesse was held captive and forced to cook?

Or how would Walt have dreamed of Jesse dreaming? It isn't a dream. It just isn't.

bigmf

The dream thing is the dumbest idea ever.

Emily Nussbaum said:
I mean, wouldn't this finale have made far more sense had the episode ended on a shot of Walter White dead, frozen to death, behind the wheel of a car he couldn't start

No! The car was in New Hampshire, not the surface of Pluto. Walt was wearing a big heavy winter coat.

JustinBB7

Just read through this thread on the pages when the final aired. Everybody losing their shit, and the last couple of pages is just people complaining. Funny how that goes.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
"It was all a dream" theories are fucking stupid. What's the point of the godamn show then?

It's nice seeing how many people actually seem to like the finale now. I think it will hold up very well for people watching in the future without the commercials and week long breaks.

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
Was I the only one who thought at the final scene in the lab that Walt would come a cross some of the blue meth and he would finally take his first taste of his formula?

I mean he was injured and about to die so what the hell.

JMizzlin

I don't think Jesse would have gone to Walt's funeral. Too risky, for the most part, and he still resented him for the hell he put him through.

Raiden

Banned
I was thinking today how every single person Walter White killed helped him transform in full Heisenberg. From the first two random drug selling guys, to Gustavo Fring the mastermind and Mike the no half meassures guy. To finally dying from a gunshot wound from his own M60.

Was I the only one who thought at the final scene in the lab that Walt would come a cross some of the blue meth and he would finally take his first taste of his formula?

I mean he was injured and about to die so what the hell.

Never even crossed my mind...but now that I think about it, it's rather odd that Walter never tried meth.

He did smoke pot though, and enjoyed it.

The timeline between those events might have made such a scene feel illogically out of place, but that could have been some powerful stuff.

Top Bottom