• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Jaroof

Oh man...
I thought everything was covered in the end, until I saw this:
537777_10151927495312722_1049954534_n.jpg

What happens to him?!

y2dvd

I love watching genuine, live reactions. I can't wait to get the full set and rewatch it with someone who haven't seen the show yet.

This is one of my favorite reactions to Ozymandias:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWRruILobKo

Girl was slightly annoying but I was gasping pretty loudly too pretty much during the entire episode.

Speevy

Banned
I thought the scene with Jesse making the box was showing us what potential he had. It was to show what care he might have taken in his pursuits had he not been thrown away by his mother and father. It was showing a time (not necessarily an actual event) before Jesse got mixed up in this endless misery.

Salmonax

So will the spanish-language Gail be a fan of Yeats?

Wait, Walt wasn't a completely indefensible monster? Were we watching the same show?

His actions and their consequences certainly added up to those of a monster, but fortunately for us the character was far more interesting than that.

I love watching genuine, live reactions. I can't wait to get the full set and rewatch it with someone who haven't seen the show yet.

This is one of my favorite reactions to Ozymandias:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWRruILobKo

Girl was slightly annoying but I was gasping pretty loudly too pretty much during the entire episode.

These videos are fascinating. I kinda wanna edit em together and make them an alternate audio track.

It's weird how many people were laughing at Jesse getting pulled out from under the car.

That wasn't a dream sequence. That was a flashback.

I think the closest we ever get is Jesse floating towards the ceiling after slamming heroin for the first time. But that's not a dream, either, but a visual representation of his high.

There was also when he thought the Mormons were deadly bikers.

He's dead and his family hates him. Great hero.

Who says his family hates him?

I view them as disappointed and sad about what Walt became. Walt Jr. Doesn't hate his Dad he just knows that he is bad and keeping his distance is the best thing for him and the family.

Also I don't think Walt was particularly happy at the end. He lost a lot of blood and was thinking about the best thing he was good at... science(meth) so you're bound to crack a small smile.

Yeah, laughing and smiling while having a mental break. Jesse snapped after the months of torture, seeing Andrea killed, killing Todd, and the last encounter with Walt. That's what I took from it. I didn't see it as celebratory at all.

Well, when Hank had his emotional breakdown, he fuckin' crashed his car. For as much as has happened to him, that final look at "Mr. White" had a knowing maturity to it. He's had MONTHS to weep over everything that's happened to him - and he likely has, knowing Jesse. But that means he's also had time to come to terms with it. That shot at the beginning of the episode - of him being yanked back to reality, and resigning himself to his labor - shows a man who, however unhappy, has accepted his lot in life. Yet in that final moment in the car, he sees that the one thing he's been trying to do for the better part of a year - escape Walt's web - he's finally accomplished. It may be intermixed with the negative emotions that he can't keep in, but I find it hard to see how he WOULDN'T take some pleasure in that.

If anything, I can see what Jesse has gone through giving him a new lease on life. The gaining of freedom can give one a new perspective, and nothing that will ever happen to him out in the world could possibly match the shit he's been through.

One thing that I've been asking myself is why Walt killed Lydia?

At the time he had no idea that she visited Skyler.

Been asked and answered quite a bit in the thread.

He killed Lydia because she's a loose end. She sells his meth. He's knocking down everything he made before he goes. She's part of that. So she's gotta go. Besides, he has a pretty good idea of how high strung she is. Even if he didn't know she'd sent Nazis to Skyler's, he would definitely know she's capable of something like that.

So she had to go.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Been asked and answered quite a bit in the thread.

He killed Lydia because she's a loose end. She sells his meth. He's knocking down everything he made before he goes. She's part of that. So she's gotta go. Besides, he has a pretty good idea of how high strung she is. Even if he didn't know she'd sent Nazis to Skyler's, he would definitely know she's capable of something like that.

So she had to go.

And he lets Jesse live? I guess it seems a bit far fetched. Maybe he thinks Jesse would never harm his family.

foxtrot3d

Banned
And he lets Jesse live? I guess it seems a bit far fetched. Maybe he thinks Jesse would never harm his family.

Jesse isn't a losse end, he's Walt's responsibility. Walt knows that Jesse is only in this situation because of him, hell he wanted to quit. Walt has always had this sort of father/son relationship with Jesse and the ending was all about him accepting all the terrible things he did and trying to at least somewhat clean up his mess.

Walt knows at his heart Jesse is a good kid who only got this involved because of him. He still has a chance at a better life so Walt lets him go.

I mean what is Jesse gonna do now that Walt is dead? Jesse is no killer, he's not gonna harm some innocents, the police know who Walt is, what he did, as does the rest of the public. At the end, even Jesse realized that there was nothing he could do to Walt he hadn't done to himself thus there was no point to killing him. Death was a courtesy at that point.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Jesse isn't a losse end, he's Walt's responsibility. Walt knows that Jesse is only in this situation because of him, hell he wanted to quit. Walt has always had this sort of father/son relationship with Jesse and the ending was all about him accepting all the terrible things he did and trying to at least somewhat clean up his mess.

Walt knows at his heart Jesse is a good kid who only got this involved because of him. He still has a chance at a better life so Walt lets him go.

I mean what is Jesse gonna do now that Walt is dead? Jesse is no killer, he's not gonna harm some innocents, the police know who Walt is, what he did, as does the rest of the public. At the end, even Jesse realized that there was nothing he could do to Walt he hadn't done to himself thus there was no point to killing him. Death was a courtesy at that point.

I dunno, Jesse is a bit of a loose cannon and has done horrible things including killing people. If it weren't for Hank, he probably would have burned down his house.

I dunno, Jesse is a bit of a loose cannon and has done horrible things including killing people. If it weren't for Hank, he probably would have burned down his house.

Jesse's been a tortured meth slave, who just saw the guy who put him there throw him to the deck, thus saving him from the slaughter of his Nazi enslavers, allowing him the opportunity to kill Todd, and then notice that Walt is going to die thanks to the gut-shot, after hearing Walt specifically tell Jesse he wants to die.

He's not going after the rest of the Whites. He wouldn't want to anyway. Even when he went to go burn down the house - it was an empty house.

Jesse Pinkman is no threat to anyone at that point, because anyone he would kill is already killed, or will die within five minutes.

Top Bottom