• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

kqgaming

Banned
it's amazing how a nation wide known murderer could drive a stolen car across the country without being noticed by the cops at all

again this is coming from the theory that Walt was fantasizing almost everything happened by his dying Mind

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Fuck the Granite State ending. They should have ended at Ozy. Would have been perfect. I like the episodes after it but him losing everything and running away would have been perfect.
Yeah what great television that would be. No one would hate that at all.

Hooray, this thread is finally slow enough for me to keep pace with!

Loved the finale. Love reading all of these theories and interpretations. I miss the show very much already.

Also there is a suspicious lack of fan videos incorporating the ending that hit me in the feels. I figured the fan base would work quicker than this!

Radec

Just noticed..

Felina = Finale

mind-blown.gif

kehs

Banned
It also spells Nail Fe

As in Nail Iron

which turns into

Steel Iron

which is also

Steal Blood

Which makes Walt a vampire.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
it's amazing how a nation wide known murderer could drive a stolen car across the country without being noticed by the cops at all

again this is coming from the theory that Walt was fantasizing almost everything happened by his dying Mind

He was off the grid for a pretty long time.

Speevy

Banned
Redone episode:

Jesse kills himself with chemical fumes after imagining the wood shop. He imagines that Walt kills all the Nazis with a machine gun and dies heroically, allowing him to escape through the gate.

Episode snaps back to reality as Jesse passes out dead, Walt dies in prison, Vince Gilligan.

Are you happy? HUH DOES THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY

kqgaming

Banned
how could walt visit his old house and his neighbor Carol saw him without telling the cops ?! after that he drove across the country without being caught ?!!

an interesting view of the scene where Badger&SP both did same thing in the car.smelled the money& handed laser same way.In Walt's mind always indistinguishable

he died in that car while imagining everything happened later on , a man like Uncle Jack getting Mad for being called a liar doesn't make sense but Walt would get mad if he was called a liar

VG won't admit this theory because he is an artist

it all make sense now how everything in the Finale happened just like how walt wanted it to happen

Redone episode:

Jesse kills himself with chemical fumes after imagining the wood shop. He imagines that Walt kills all the Nazis with a machine gun and dies heroically, allowing him to escape through the gate.

Episode snaps back to reality as Jesse passes out dead, Walt dies in prison, Vince Gilligan.

Are you happy? HUH DOES THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY

SUCH A BRAVE AND BALLSY ENDING. ONE FOR THE AGES, I SALUTE YOU SIR.

terry-crews-idiocracy-600x405.jpg

Chinner

Banned
you guys still trying to figure out the ending? it's pretty simple.

that isn't walt, thats actually his twin brother that only jesse knows about. thats why he was giving him a nod saying 'thank you jeff white for saving me'. walt jr cooks up his first breakfest. it is 100% delicious.

you guys still trying to figure out the ending? it's pretty simple.

that isn't walt, thats actually his twin brother that only jesse knows about. thats why he was giving him a nod saying 'thank you jeff white for saving me'. walt jr cooks up his first breakfest. it is 100% delicious.

Also notice how uncle Jack was wearing a purple shirt in the final scene? HE WAS MARIE IN DISGUISE THE WHOLE TIME!

SteveWD40

Jesse: I like to think he got away, he had a few minutes before the cops showed up. I like to think he went to Badger and Pete, got some clothes and a little cash and got the fuck out of dodge to Alaska. Fake ID's are not that hard to buy (he has the connections) and few people are going to be looking for a dead guy (most will assume he is).

DeSo

Banned
The finale was expected but satisfying.

Cements BB in the top five TV series of all time. Was some ride.

Kuroyume

Banned

People do it all the time. Which explains how people can remain on the FBI's most wanted list for months if not years... Sometimes a decade WHILE remaining in the US. Hyperrealism guys are sometimes so deluded by what they believe is real that they fool themselves into thinking that practical things are impractical. Yeah, I can see someone taking some bland looking vehicle and getting far away with it in a short time. Doesn't seem unbelievable to me... At least not anymore than the plan crash.

I know what Cranston looks like. Off and on BB. And, he looked different to me post Onzymandias. In fact he totally fooled me in the coffee shop scene with Todd and Lydia in Felina. I didn't spot him until he got up and moved towards them. Even in his bum like appoearance he blends in so easily.

solarus

As much as I like the finale, I'm still real upset that the final scene of the show wasn't the playback of that Holly birthday video, would have been beyond perfect.

Raiden

Banned
It's like inverse Sopranos for some of the fans of that show. For many (not all), their enjoyment is predicated on the idea that Tony was killed. Anytime that theory is challenged, they become very defensive about that, discounting the theory that Tony had lived on is just as valid as if he had been killed before the sudden cut to black.

What theory is as valid that Tony lives in The Sopranos? It was way more obvious that he died than this Granite State theory.

Nameless

it all make sense now how everything in the Finale happened just like how walt wanted it to happen

I guess Michael Corleone was having a religious vision in the church in The Godfather's final scene. His soul is being saved while as he's forced to watch the viciousness of his sinful desires from the outside.

How else could things have gone so perfectly?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
good god this is awful.

I get it, the show is great and everyone wants to dissect it. The finale is straight forward, get over it. It's not a happy ending, in what world are you living in that this is a happy ending? Walt's family hates him, he has no empire, his protege hates him, he has to force old former friends into giving his money to his family because they hate him so much they wont take it and he dies. Nevermind that Holly and Junior have no father or uncle either, Lydia's daughter has no mother now and brock has no mother either.

I did like someones post a few pages ago about how last episode is not completely Walt and is not completely Heisenberg. He was always juggling actions between Walt and Heisenberg and thats why there was always something that blew up in his face.

Yamauchi

Banned
good god this is awful.

I get it, the show is great and everyone wants to dissect it. The finale is straight forward, get over it. It's not a happy ending, in what world are you living in that this is a happy ending? Walt's family hates him, he has no empire, his protege hates him, he has to force old former friends into giving his money to his family because they hate him so much they wont take it and he dies. Nevermind that Holly and Junior have no father or uncle either, Lydia's daughter has no mother now and brock has no mother either.

I did like someones post a few pages ago about how last episode is not completely Walt and is not completely Heisenberg. He was always juggling actions between Walt and Heisenberg and thats why there was always something that blew up in his face.
Yeah, there's nothing there. I've spent a lot of time dissecting shows and movies, but this is clearly a straightforward ending.

People are looking at plot holes as evidence. Apparently they have not been watching the same series as me, because it has been filled with plot holes from beginning to end.

SystemBug

Sorry for re-posting this but I showed this off in the thread before the finale and some of you guys really liked it and decided to use it as phone background. Here it is again for people who didn't get to see it.

10004337053_93487358b9_b.jpg

Dyno

good god this is awful.

I get it, the show is great and everyone wants to dissect it. The finale is straight forward, get over it...

I agree. Felina reminds me a bit of Avatar: The Last Airbender's finale. Throughout the series we see Aang accessing the Avatar state but he never has full control over it. Walt is the same way when it comes to channelling Heisenburg.

Throughout Breaking Bad we see Heisenburg making appearances, the criminal mastermind is present within Walt but he doesn't always have control over it. He makes Walt-like mistakes and errors. In Felina Walt can finally become Heisenburg at will. He is thinking like a criminal mastermind at all times and it allows him to evade capture, perform a brilliant bit of extortion, and even execute the enemies who wronged him.

Throughout Felina Walt was coming in and out like the goddamned Batman and I think that was intentional. He's full-actualized now, finally. He's the man he always wanted to be and it makes him unstoppable.

I hope they didn't run this in column with other obits. It's neat for fans, but I could imagine families being offended by this running alongside their dead relatives.
Don't worry. The Journal cannot put it in the actual obituaries section because it isn't real. It's a small ad taken out of the front A section of the paper on page four.

IF they live in alburquerque and don't know this then they must live in a cave.

It's probably very true. There are more avid BB watchers in ABQ than anywhere else. I mean, it's a big deal and a recent point of pride to have such a great show made and set here.

T.O.P

Banned
Sorry for re-posting this but I showed this off in the thread before the finale and some of you guys really liked it and decided to use it as phone background. Here it is again for people who didn't get to see it.

Been using it for a while, such a great piece dude

Top Bottom