• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

pooshda

Neo Member
Vince Gilligan has pretty explicitly stated that Walt intended to kill Jesse before he saw what the Nazis (and consequently, his own actions) had done to him.

I would hope people could draw that conclusion on their own, he was pissed when Badger and Skinny revealed the news about the Blue on the streets... Seems pretty spelled out right there that he wanted to take care of him just by his reaction... not to mention his exchange with Jack shortly thereafter.

No Love

Banned
I meant that the whole series of events leading up to it is pretty hard to believe.

For all the police know, Walt was the cook the whole time, Jesse machine gunned everyone, etc.

It's one of those events that only one character has to know, so it's easy to throw it away if you don't like it. That was my only point.

Roger that. Until they find Walt's fingerprints all over the car and machine gun contraption, that is.

Also, in honor of the greatest meal of the day...

3qnmbr.jpg

Raiden

Banned
I'm sure they would include some improvisation if they had enough time. The fact remains that Walt's plans rarely fail. As much as I hate him, we have to give him that.

How do you even enjoy Breaking Bad if you hate the main character? We're you rooting for the cops to bust him? Or for him to die?

I dont get this. Sure you dont have to agree with his morale but then again with which anti-hero do you have to anyway ..

Courage

How do you even enjoy Breaking Bad if you hate the main character? We're you rooting for the cops to bust him? Or for him to die?

I dont get this. Sure you dont have to agree with his morale but then again with which anti-hero do you have to anyway ..

I don't root for anyone. I'm fascinated by the character and love him in the sense that he's one of the best protagonists in TV because he's so well developed and unique, but hate his actions and how he makes other characters in the show suffer.

That's why I also would have liked a little more punishing ending but totally understand this one.

Neo Child

Banned

Ehh, people can dislike whatever characters they like. For example Buffy was great but i didnt like sarah michelle gurger especially in later seasons

Will this be on the cheaper boxset edition too, or is it only on the barrel edition?
Sounds like it's only on the barrel edition:
Fans who are addicted to the series and itching for another hit can now indulge in more than two-hours of never-before-seen footage in a ground-breaking series documentary exclusively in the box set, which comes packaged in a collectible replica barrel representing part of Walter White's dark legacy. The all-new documentary chronicles the making of the final season, from filming the first table read to the very last day on set and everything in between, including Bryan Cranston inviting the camera in to his Albuquerque living room for the first reading of the final script with Aaron Paul.

Resilient

I just rewatched Face Off and I have to say, the music in this ep absolutely kills it. So much tension so well built with the song selection, especially the Gus and Hector confrontation. Definitely one of my favourite episodes, IMO better than Felina.

^

Same.

Also, I didn't know this whole "It was all a dream" was a thing. People did it for LOST and there's even a dream theory about FFVIII in which Squall actually dies half-way through the game and the rest of the game is just a death dream or something stupid like that.

Resilient

^

Same.

Also, I didn't know this whole "It was all a dream" was a thing. People did it for LOST and there's even a dream theory about FFVIII in which Squall actually dies half-way through the game and the rest of the game is just a death dream or something stupid like that.

1. Yes there are people that actually believe it was a fantasy. Ignore them.

2. WTF! At what point does Squall die and it becomes a dream??
The fight against Ultimecia and Seifer in the Garden??
At least Squall dreamed up an awesome castle with an awesome theme.

Walt is close to the main antagonist to the other characters and or some pathetic person failing hilariously for most of the series, it's really not that hard to greatly enjoy Breaking Bad while hating Walt as a person if you like Jesse, Skyler, Mike, and Hank.

pooshda

Neo Member
"It was all fine, just a week ago"

There's no excitement building up for Sunday, how depressing.

I do have Homeland though, and the Lions game... I guess that's something. Homeland is my 2nd favorite show afterall, now my 1st... back to editing my BrBa video I guess, at least I got that.

ZeroRay

For how "neat" the final episode was structurally. It's amazing that it's drawn so much discussion on whether or not the ending was too happy, or whether Walt redeemed himself or not. It's a very subversive take on the whole happy ending.

Thinking about it, it's brilliant. Walt went out the way he, and those rooting for him wanted. But the mess he left will never be cleaned. Everyone is still in a worse situation than the start of the show: Flynn is gonna ask Elliot and Gretchen why they sent him the money, they'll most likely fold. Marie's a widow. Skyler is marked for life, and the whole White family will have a dark cloud hanging over them for years. Jesse is a mentally broken wreck and wanted criminal.

The only person who got to die happy was Walt. He was good at what he did. It made him feel alive. He just got to do it one last time.

Now season 5 episode rankings cause I feel like it:

Ozymandias > Granite State > Buyout > Fifty One > Gliding Over All > Blood Money > Felina > Confessions > Dead Freight > To'Hajilee > Say My Name > Rabid Dog > Live Free or Die > Madrigal > Hazard Pay > Buried

All great to amazing episodes btw.

pooshda

Neo Member
I should render a test-sequence from the Felina portion of my video... I wonder if it feels too long, 19 minutes... (it's for the 2 Hour Cimeatic edit on YouTube)

I am having one hell of a time cutting things down, It's just too good and I want the video to be immensely better than the rough draft online right now.

This makes me so angry. I don't really get to keep up with Breaking Bad as it airs because I just started it on Netflix two months ago. I get to watch the latest season on demand when I go to my brother's place..anyway..I had about 4 episodes left two days ago. Yesterday before I went to my brothers, I was scrolling through my newsfeed (Facebook) and I saw this image. I was sooo angry, though, his death was not completely unexpected. I just marathoned the last 4 at my brother's so nothing else would accidentally get spoiled. The obit seems like a cool idea, but it's dumb. Lots of people haven't seen the last episode yet.

I was so close to the end without getting spoiled. :/

This makes me so angry. I don't really get to keep up with Breaking Bad as it airs because I just started it on Netflix two months ago. I get to watch the latest season on demand when I go to my brother's place..anyway..I had about 4 episodes left two days ago. Yesterday before I went to my brothers, I was scrolling through my newsfeed (Facebook) and I saw this image. I was sooo angry, though, his death was not completely unexpected. I just marathoned the last 4 at my brother's so nothing else would accidentally get spoiled. The obit seems like a cool idea, but it's dumb. Lots of people haven't seen the last episode yet.

I was so close to the end without getting spoiled. :/

Same exact thing happened to my buddy. I saw a few people share that in my feed too. lol

Top Bottom