• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

5.1 is so underappreciated. While it still felt like half of a season for BB standards, it is still better than anything else out there on tv.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I don't know why but watching the first episode makes me appreciate the series a lot less. The way walt chose to cook meth was sort of jarring and random, it happened way too quick. And since that's the source of all the drama in the entire series, it just makes everything feel a little less impressive.

I think I feel the same way.

This whole last season has just been... strange. It's so fast-paced, and most of these characters (especially Walt and Jesse) are such stark contrasts to their personalities in the earlier seasons that I don't know if I buy it just yet.

Dorj

Banned
LcN3i7v.jpg

Marie has a mans face x.x

Courage

I think I feel the same way.

This whole last season has just been... strange. It's so fast-paced, and most of these characters (especially Walt and Jesse) are such stark contrasts to their personalities in the earlier seasons that I don't know if I buy it just yet.

Do you know what the premise of the show was? The change in their personalities is the entire point.

WriterGK

I sure hope as hell that Walter dies by somebody else shooting him. Imo he doesn't to deserve to just died by cancer. He is an evil tiran since like episode 2/3 in season 1.

Do you know what the premise of the show was? The change in their personalities is the entire point.

Exactly, the whole finale advertising has been Chemistry is the study of transformation. None of these characters just switched into being their current characters.

BoerBert

I'm sorry if it has already been asked, but is there gonna be a show this coming week where some cast members are gonna talk about the show and the finale? Something like Conan last week?

Speevy

Banned
Walt shows up to the Nazi compound.

Jack is like "What the hell are you doing here Walt? I thought we were square."

Walt replies, "I brought dipping sticks." and throws some explosives into the Nazi compound, killing everyone.

I'm sorry if it has already been asked, but is there gonna be a show this coming week where some cast members are gonna talk about the show and the finale? Something like Conan last week?

Besides Talking Bad, I haven't heard anything. Vince Gilligan will be on Colbert tomorrow

It was entirely filmed in sd 4:3

Oh no it was all filmed on 35mm film, which is definitely 16:9 and technically as high a resolution as you want when you do the digital transfer. Sony is actually apparently in the process of remastering all the older seasons doing just this for the box set bluray's.

Anustart

Tonight's episode is going to be 50 minutes of recaps and flash backs showing the crazy antics the crew got in over the last 6 years, then in the last minute Walt with eat the ricin and shoot himself with the m60.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

I understand that, but like that other guy mentioned it's still somehow jarring. I'm not sure why; I'd need to rewatch the show from the beginning.

In case you don't feel depressed enough:

Just think of every Breaking Bad fan that has died (or will die) before watching the finale :(

Tonight's episode is going to be 50 minutes of recaps and flash backs showing the crazy antics the crew got in over the last 6 years, then in the last minute Walt with eat the ricin and shoot himself with the m60.

Fuck your avatar god damn XD

In case you don't feel depressed enough:

Just think of every Breaking Bad fan that has died (or will die) before watching the finale :(

Pour one out for old Kev

So excited for tonight, but I'm still pretty upset at how fucked it's been for Jesse, and he's probably getting fucked tonight too.

Oh no it was all filmed on 35mm film, which is definitely 16:9 and technically as high a resolution as you want when you do the digital transfer. Sony is actually apparently in the process of remastering all the older seasons doing just this for the box set bluray's.

The complete series dvd set already has the 16:9 versions too, but I guess there are purists out there who dislike that. Though I think it was Super 16mm (same as The Wire)

To be honest, I don't think Walt's personality has changed that much from season 1. I think Jesse and Skyler have changed more.

Holy shit, this is awesome.

As an actor, I would LOVE to see the full cold read of the script somewhere.

It will be on the final season blu ray

Sai-kun

Banned
Wow, it's tonight! Crazy. I'm gonna hold off until tomorrow though. The past 3-4 episodes have been too depressing for me to watch at night, gives me issues sleeping.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It was entirely filmed in sd 4:3
Nah, it was filmed on Super 16mm in widescreen. There have been 16mm bluray scans, like The Wrestler.

The complete series dvd set already has the 16:9 versions too, but I guess there are purists out there who dislike that. Though I think it was Super 16mm (same as The Wire)
Yeah, there are OAR purists but apparently the UK actually aired it in widescreen before the DVD set.

Courage

Well we know Walt has to die because his cancer is so far along. But they don't have to show his death on the show.

Given that we know Walt will die very soon, would most of you rather see him die as the show concludes?

I feel as long as he's alive, he'll try to find ways to fuck over everyone around him. So yes, I'd rather see him die, so I can finally come to terms that everyone left alive will live in peace without him plaguing their lives any longer.

Joco

Took off of work tomorrow so I could stay home and watch this on Amazon (don't have cable). I wasn't sure I should earlier in the week but now it feels like a great decision.

Going on a complete internet blackout once the show starts tonight until I watch it tomorrow.

inm8num2

I feel unbelievably nervous. Got them butterflies and this shit isn't even on until tonight.

I feel completely the opposite. I'm just going to watch things unfold and try to go in 'fresh'.

It's been such a rollercoaster ride that I probably can't afford mentally to hope that anybody will avoid further suffering.

And fuck Todd.

Took off of work tomorrow so I could stay home and watch this on Amazon (don't have cable). I wasn't sure I should earlier in the week but now it feels like a great decision.

Going on a complete internet blackout once the show starts tonight until I watch it tomorrow.
I can't watch it until tomorrow either. No Internet for me until after I've seen it as well. Though I DO have to venture out in the real world a couple of times tomorrow. Bringing earplugs just in case, because being erratic is fun.

Top Bottom