• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

I was actually hooked during the first season. A lot of fans say they dislike Season One, and I never got that. When Cranston has those really emotional scenes about having cancer (the scene where the family gives Walt an intervention, and he gives his speech about not wanting the remainder of his life being sick on meds while he withers away). Or the scene where Walt realizes he won't be alive to see his baby daughter grow up.

The show early on just had really powerful acting. I think the scene that really got me though, was when Walt killed Krazy-8. When Walt puts the pieces of the plate together, and realizes that he has to kill him. I knew during that episode that this was going to be a really great show.

Yeah, the intervention is one of my favorite scenes of the series. I was pretty much hooked from the first cold open, and the bathtub falling through the floor in the second episode was when I knew I wouldn't be able to stop watching

inm8num2

1231526_10151912493022722_1488674788_n.png

todd-waves-jesse-pinkman-walter-white-breaking-bad.png

Until this season, I'd honestly say that the darkest the show has gotten was the Krazy 8 storyline. The tub thing, the conversations in the basement, the strangulation by Walt while getting stabbed--that actually nearly put me off the show. I took a break from it, and only picked it up when they did a marathon the summer before Season 5. So glad I did.

Blows my mind that this 90% of this show takes places in the course of 1 year. Seems like longer.

probably the most unrealistic thing about the show

but it makes for some sweet cliffhangers

how the hell am i gonna stay off the internet for 3 hours before the west coast feed tonight? damnit

Frost_Ace

Why is it stupid?

All the seasons pick up from where the other left off (I think season 2-3 is the exception)

this is some weird nitpicking :|

The craziest thing about the one year thing is Hank

He recovered from being shot and learning to walk again in like a week. The dude really was Superman

Mononoke

Banned
It's just weird to think that a high school teacher becomes a meth kingpin within a year.

Yeah, that's one criticism I have of this show. The writer's perspective of time always felt off to me. I think it would have been better had the show taken place over 3-4 years.

Then again, it doesn't really impact the story too much for me. I mean, it wouldn't change the plot if it all played out the same way, and they instead told us it happened over 3-4 years. Maybe Hank recovering so fast, but outside of that.

Yeah, that's one criticism I have of this show. The writer's perspective of time always felt off to me. I think it would have been better had the show taken place over 3-4 years.

Then again, it doesn't really impact the story too much for me. I mean, it wouldn't change the plot if it all played out the same way, and they instead told us it happened over 3-4 years. Maybe Hank recovering so fast, but outside of that.

yep, same here. I just block it out--I assume that they wrote it to be within a year because they didn't want to deal with Walt JR going to college.

dalVlatko

I just watched the last episode and I'm finally caught up.

I'm really excited for the finale but I have no idea in what direction its going to go.

Kind of surprised they brought up Gray Matter again so late in the series and I'm worried they are going to spend too much time on that after ignoring it for so long. The season hasn't disappointed me yet though.

I'm really excited for the finale but I have no idea in what direction its going to go.

Kind of surprised they brought up Gray Matter again so late in the series and I'm worried they are going to spend too much time on that after ignoring it for so long. The season hasn't disappointed me yet though.

I think Grey Matter interview was just a plot device for getting Walt to go back, especially with the mention of the blue meth coming back. I don't think they will play a significant role tonight, at all.

Hey I had a question that a couple different people have asked me that I haven't been able to answer. In the various cooks on the show we see them using dumping silver strips, almost like confetti, into the cook and I was wondering what that was exactly?

Mononoke

Banned

Gray Matter was mentioned in the first half of Season 5, when Walt had that conversation with Jesse. In fact, it pretty much clarified a lot of Walt's motivations for what he's doing stems from how that went down.

I don't really think them mentioning Gray Matter was that out of the blue.

NotLiquid

Hey I had a question that a couple different people have asked me that I haven't been able to answer. In the various cooks on the show we see them using dumping silver strips, almost like confetti, into the cook and I was wondering what that was exactly?

Think it's aluminum. Walter assumes Victor completely forgot about that process in Box Cutter.

aluminum I think? When Victor was cooking and Walt was sitting there watching them he was expecting Victor to forget the aluminum

Mononoke

Banned
So if there is ONE thing you want to see in the finale, what would it be. It can be anything. But what's one specific thing that you really would like to see happen in this final episode of Breaking Bad?

maharg

idspispopd
So if there is ONE thing you want to see in the finale, what would it be. It can be anything. But what's one specific thing that you really would like to see happen in this final episode of Breaking Bad?

The whole truth about what happened with Walt and Grey Matter.

Walter Jr opening an IHop.

I actually don't know what specific thing I would want to see from the final episode. All I know is the fact that the finale will be amazing, and talked about for many years.

Wilbur

Banned

Jesse have some hope in his life.

Top Bottom