• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Zebra

I think I should rewatch the episode...I can't be the only one who is very disappointed :(

What else could anyone have expected this episode to be? It's everything that the previous episodes have built it up towards, everything is as it should be. Or is that what made it disappointing?

I kind of wish they had a little more time to go into these details. After making us wait over a year, they could have shown how he managed to get that M60. It would have been nice to see how he put the Ricin in Lydia's sachet but that would take away the dramatic effect of showing it going into the cup.

Most of all though I wish there had been a little more time for Walt and Jesse. And this is something I felt all through the season. Their relationship was the cornerstone of the show so ending it with little other than a nod to each other felt a bit empty.

Still, great ending to a great show.

It's obvious how the ricin got in Lydia's cup right?

I mean she sits at the same table she always sits at and- surprise- there's one (one!) package of Stevia left. Wonder what's in it?

Man, it was heartwrenching to see Walt like that in the end. All these years and episodes, and all the shenanigans. To finally see it come to an end... I can't believe it's all over :'(

I am surprised at how neatly wrapped up everything was. A little too much in my opinion. Walt pretty much perfectly predicted a whole lot for everything to go down the way it did, and it sort of bothers me...

How did he give the Ricin to Lydia anyway?
Lol at Todd continuing to be clueless and looking out the window at the turret-gun.

Mononoke

Banned
What else could anyone have expected this episode to be? It's everything that the previous episodes have built it up towards, everything is as it should be. Or is that what made it disappointing?

Like I said earlier, I think someone could be disappointed with the tone it took. Tone can change everything. I agree that WHAT was going to happen, was pretty much written in stone. It was all leading up to an inevitable conclusion. Some fans probably just wanted Walt to suffer a bit more.

oktarb

For me, I think that I left the episode feeling like Walt didn't have his rise from the ashes moment. I wanted a last moment of Heisenberg, a resurfacing of the dark rider. Yes everything was masterfully planned but I don't think the M60 turret fills enough.

This is man with lines like "I'm the one who knocks!" and "Say my name.". I wanted another moment like that to send us off even if the weakness and shell soon shattered afterward.

Of course I'm also glad they didn't go over the top too much or just plan jump the shark (I'm looking at you Battlestar).

**Cheer-up beautiful people.

Did you also forget about the flash forwards?

Did they ever show how exactly he got that M60 in his possession? All I remember is seeing it in the trunk of his car.

It's obvious how the ricin got in Lydia's cup right?

I mean she sits at the same table she always sits at and- surprise- there's one (one!) package of Stevia left. Wonder what's in it?

The intent of what they're showing is obvious. The details, not so much :p

inm8num2

Cornballer is ninja'ing the top post of each page like a boss.

And let me just take this moment right now to thank Cornballer for posting the OTs, the links, the updates, the reviews, the previews, the interviews, and whatnot. :)

Cmagus

Pretty good finale I thought for sure he was gonna blow himself up at the end or something by messing with the meth lab but still sad to see it end. I thought the gun part was a little cheesy though but it was a hell of a ride.

Well, went on twitter, and within 2 minutes saw the phrase "indulgent fanservice."

I mean - people have cultivated such an adversarial relationship with the providers of their entertainment that the idea the audience could have expectations met is considered INDULGENT and cheap somehow.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Pretty great ending, predictable episode all in all, but really satisfying.

One of the best shows ever made, no doubt. Knew what it was, didnt stray from the path, took great chances within itself and always came out on top. Amazing.

Ultimadrago

WAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!

I really enjoyed the episode. It was awesome.

All of the events that I wanted happened. A little disjointed, sure, but "The Prize."

For me, I think that I left the episode feeling like Walt didn't have his rise from the ashes moment. I wanted a last moment of Heisenberg, a resurfacing of the dark rider. Yes everything was masterfully planned but I don't think the M60 turret fills enough.

This is man with lines like "I'm the one who knocks!" and "Say my name.". I wanted another moment like that to send us off even if the weakness and shell soon shattered afterward.

Of course I'm also glad they didn't go over the top too much or just plan jump the shark (I'm looking at you Battlestar).

Walt threatening Gretchen and Elliot felt like Walt at his Heisenburg-iest to me.

Who shot jack before he finished his sentence ?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

And let me just take this moment right now to thank Cornballer for posting the OTs, the links, the updates, the reviews, the previews, the interviews, and whatnot. :)

Yeah I was gonna say the same before. Cornballer you are a boss at it thanks dude. You really do most of the good tv shows threads like a boss when you do them.

Could the DEA think Jesse is dead?

They shouldn't know about the Nazi meth lab, and Jesse had been down there a some time. I wonder if they would be actively looking for him.

Also, do you think Jesse's confession had anything about Saul in it? After the last episode I wondered if Saul took his bags and just left the building, deciding to stay in New Mexico. I wonder if Saul is clear and could stay.

Frost_Ace

No jesse/walt conversation at the end, the whole Elliot/Gretchen thing, basically the only scene I liked was the one with Skyler.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How did he give the Ricin to Lydia anyway?

Put it in a package of that Stevia she always uses.

Suspension of Disbelief kinda broken there and the M60 scene, but it's typical "Hollywood Magic," so "roll with it, bitch!"

The DEA knows everything Marie knows, and Marie knows he was cooperating. May have even seen the tape. Jesse is probably going to get off light in the end.

Incidentally, a lot of the direction of this episode reminded me of Lynch-style just like the stuff around the interrogation of Jesse did.

I don't think you get off light for murder
murder you confessed to
murder that's a very public story

Jesse, if caught, if going to have a very hard time.

Ultimadrago

Hear, hear! Cornballer somehow always nabs the OTs and info for all the best shows. How does he do it?

He predicted where Lydia would be sitting in the coffee shop and replaced the stevia packets there with a packet full of ricin, knowing that she would use it.

or like someone said earlier he handed the waiter $10,000 to commute her to said table (and make her and todd face each other for once <3)

jtb

Banned
Well, went on twitter, and within 2 minutes saw the phrase "indulgent fanservice."

I mean - people have cultivated such an adversarial relationship with the providers of their entertainment that the idea the audience could have expectations met is considered INDULGENT and cheap somehow.

I don't like fanservice. Fans have no idea what they want or what's good for them and when the writers go out of their way to loop in fanservice, I think it risks breaking suspension of disbelief.

Having said that, I don't really know which part of this episode would count as indulgent fanservice....

rekameohs

Banned
Did they ever show how exactly he got that M60 in his possession? All I remember is seeing it in the trunk of his car.

*sigh*

Walt drives all way from New Hampshire to Santa Fe in one sitting. Meets the Schwartzes. The next morning, he heads to Albuquerque, where he meets the gun dealer in the Denny's bathroom. The dealer gives him the keys to another car (notice this one is RED, not white like the New Hampshire car) with an M60 in the trunk. They lay this out so plainly, people.

So to answer your question, he has access to the M60 because....gun dealers have access to guns...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
fucking stevia
I feel like they would have had to clear that scene with Mr. Stevia, it's kind of a bad association for your sweetener.

xBladeM6x

VCv9TxS.gif

Just made this.. cuz.. you were all thinking it too.

edit: guess I forgot to set it to loop.. oh well.

My life is complete. Thank you. xD

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Could the DEA think Jesse is dead?

They shouldn't know about the Nazi meth lab, and Jesse had been down there a some time. I wonder if they would be actively looking for him.

My guess they probably didn't really care they wanted the main man Walt. They probably assumed Walter still did the cooking or some shit and called it a day. This is the same crew that told Hank just to close it after anytime it seemed done.

Zebra

No jesse/walt conversation at the end, the whole Elliot/Gretchen thing, basically the only scene I liked was the one with Skyler.

I will admit that I was expecting this episode to focus a lot more on the Jesse/Walt relationship. I was a little surprised by how little that was touched.

border

Some aspects of the finale do seem quite contrived. It makes little sense that Walter could slip past Skyler's security detail, or that for some reason he would hire two fuck-ups like Badger and Skinny Pete.

Top Bottom