• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

border

I'm not sure if using a laser pointer requires a doctoral degree. ;)

It's a little unrealistic that they'd be able to get such a solid bead on them right away from any sort of distance, on the first try (I certainly don't think I could)....but that's maybe beyond the point.

If my kid's inheritance was riding on this scam, I probably wouldn't have hired those guys. But then I don't know who else he would have turned to.

Walter is known to be in ABQ, and the police have been instructed by Marie herself that Skyler will be one of his main targets. It makes little sense that all they do is put a couple dopes in an unmarked car outside her house. She should be under video surveillance, if not in a safehouse.

How were Badger and Skinny Pete even remotely the right guys for the job? Perhaps the most convenient, but I don't see how you can argue that bringing them back was much more than fan service.

skyler has shown the prosecution that she (literally) knows next to nothing about the whole operation. this is by design.

walt brings them in because he knows they're idiots who do stupid stuff for money. and yeah maybe it's fan service but it still fits. "fan service"

There's just way too much perfect predicting on Walt's part, and that's really the only problem with the writing. But I guess I can let it go...

So how many people were actually happy to see Walt die? I know some people hated him, but I cant imagine people were happy to see him go.

I both loved and hated Walt. Well, as much as one can "hate" a fictional character. I hated the things he did, but I loved what they did with him as a character.

I wasn't particularly sad to see him die -- mainly because I think he wasn't sad, at least at the last moments. The pain was ending, and his death seemed almost peaceful.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
yeah the ending doesn't take place in the real world, but neither does every other episode. they check him for his engine size, but don't check the trunk. huh.

it's supposed to be obvious. walt is jesus.

Joke? The guy was just bullshitting with him talking about the engine of the car.

GQman2121

Banned
How he got the gun isn't important at all, so I don't know why that is coming up. He had millions of dollars, it's not that big of a stretch to think he could acquire a firearm. Though I'm not sure I'm clear on why he felt the need to off Lydia like that, or how he was able to enter and exit Skylar's place with it being under surveillance, or even how he found out where she was staying in the first place, but whatever.

It was a good finale.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Though I'm not sure I'm clear on why he felt the need to off Lydia like that,

She was distributing the meth still and would've found a replacement for Todd/crew if she was still alive. She needed to go so the meth would die with him.

Some aspects of the finale do seem quite contrived. It makes little sense that Walter could slip past Skyler's security detail, or that for some reason he would hire two fuck-ups like Badger and Skinny Pete.

I think it makes perfect sense for him to hire them given he just got back into ABQ and probably doesn't really have the time or resources to find 2 legit hitmen or anything. He's forced to work with what's available to him

watched the inside episode for the finale. Its amazing how so much of TV is thrown together on the fly.

They added the M60 but didn't know who it'd be for?
Didn't know how it'd end until the finale was written outside knowing Walt dies? Could this really be true?

The only thing I didnt like was how they handled Jesse and Walt. That was a more deserving relationship.

I felt like there wasn't anything left for them to say at the ending. Walt saving Jesse and then finally admitting that it was what HE wants (and not trying to "work" Jesse) was the final thing.

Neither of them were going to truly forgive the other. But they were able to leave each other in a sort of peace or truce. I think too many words would have ruined it.

How he got the gun isn't important at all, so I don't know why that is coming up. He had millions of dollars, it's not that big of a stretch to think he could acquire a firearm. Though I'm not sure I'm clear on why he felt the need to off Lydia like that, or how he was able to enter and exit Skylar's place with it being under surveillance, or even how he found out where she was staying in the first place, but whatever.

It was a good finale.

The vacuum guy told him the address. He was keeping tabs on her I thought and giving him updates on his monthly trips.

I think.

Perfect finale. I'll miss it, one of the best shows ever.

It's a little unrealistic that they'd be able to get such a solid bead on them right away from any sort of distance, on the first try (I certainly don't think I could)....but that's maybe beyond the point.

Not as hard as you think.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I liked it. I knew going in what would happen from the episodes leading up to it. I mean I knew there wouldn't be a shocker at the end or anything. It was a fitting end to an amazing series.

inm8num2

XU4BkLF.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Some aspects of the finale do seem quite contrived. It makes little sense that Walter could slip past Skyler's security detail, or that for some reason he would hire two fuck-ups like Badger and Skinny Pete.
he needed two people to hold laser pointers. even Badger couldn't fuck that up, plus Walt knows he can trust them.

Guess Who

Banned
apologizing for walt has been the whole series. he wasn't going to suffer, ever. he was going to enjoy his death from the day he found out he had cancer. it's an escape. everything is.

I don't know that the series, or this finale, is so much "apologizing for Walt". This episode is Walt finally coming to realize the reality of everything he did, that he was a shitty person who tore apart his family and sold his partner into slavery. It's in no way trying to say he was in any way justified in what he did. It's about Walt coming to terms with his own complete failures as a father, as a husband, as a friend, and using his last breaths to try and become a better person, patch up the ruins Heisenberg left behind in whatever ways he can, and not leave everyone who has ever cared about him completely lost up shit creek without a paddle before he dies.

Was wondering if Team Walt would poke their head up one last time.

You realize he died penniless and alone, in a Nazi meth lab, with his family completely cut off and hating him.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is Jesse going to have to call the vacuum cleaner guy? I'm just trying to figure out if there's a way he won't get brought up to the police.

Zebra

How come the motherfuckers didn't check Walt's trunk?

What would the point of that be though, considering their plans? They planned to kill him almost immediately, what would they care what's in his trunk if they don't give him any opportunity to ever open it. I doubt they were expecting what was in there to be in there.

The only thing I didnt like was how they handled Jesse and Walt. That was a more deserving relationship.

Neither did I. But it had to happen the way it did. At least they nodded and understood each other... Still, Jesse's fate is going to nag at me.

He's got no money, and nowhere to really go, and is on the run.

Since everything is being wrapped up so nicely, I'm surprised Walt didn't use Saul/Saul's guy to set Jesse up, but since Walt only found out then and there about Jesse's state, we got the questionable sendoff.

It really is sad to look back and see how Jesse/Walt ended. BB may be all about Walt, but I still loved Jesse/Walt's relationship as it really dominated most seasons.

rekameohs

Banned
To people wondering about Lydia at the cafe...

Walt and Lydia's first meeting (Gliding Over All):
8k0iy5Z.png

Walt and Lydia during the "Crystal Blue Persuasion" montage (Gliding Over All):
8nrIm7F.png

Todd and Lydia meeting (Granite State)
sYTNyVD.png

Todd, Lydia, and Walt meeting (Felina)
0zQM4QU.png

Looks like the same table to me, though Todd was at the "meeting table" and Lydia wasn't in their meeting.

BlueMagic

What would the point of that be though, considering their plans? They planned to kill him almost immediately, what would they care what's in his trunk if they don't give him any opportunity to ever open it. I doubt they were expecting what was in there to be in there.

Yeah, I guess. Timebombs, though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What was the significance of placing the watch on the phone box? I didn't watch Talking Bad.

Real reason: Continuity Error.
Vince's (fake) pseudo-meaning-reason: "Jesse was a bad guy now and since he gave him that watch..."

border

Not as hard as you think.

The bead appears in the middle of her chest immediately, with no adjustment whatsoever. If you were 30-50 yards away I think you'd have a hard time doing that with just a laser pointer. But hey, it's been a long time since I fussed around with a laser pointer and it's not something that particularly concerns me.

Top Bottom