• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

*sigh*

Walt drives all way from New Hampshire to Santa Fe in one sitting. Meets the Schwartzes. The next morning, he heads to Albuquerque, where he meets the gun dealer in the Denny's bathroom. The dealer gives him the keys to another car (notice this one is RED, not white like the New Hampshire car) with an M60 in the trunk. They lay this out so plainly, people.

So to answer your question, he has access to the M60 because....gun dealers have access to guns...

Fine fine, my mistake :p. It happened a year ago.

Faaip

Neo Member
So Walt defeated the Nazis, killed lydia, freed jesse

meanwhile...

Screen-Shot-2013-09-19-at-12.35.36-PM.png

i also love how when lydia thinks its tood on the phone when its walt

she doesnt even know the sound of his voice when he loves her so much

jesse plemons did a great job playing a death scene

RIP to all

jtb

Banned
Of all the crazy, suspension-of-disbelief-destroying shit this show has pulled off, the ricin poisoning is pretty low on the list. I'd definitely put the self-operating M60 turret higher. But that comes with the territory.

Maximus.

Wow what a great finale to such a great show. It has been a damn rollercoaster throughout the years, but this final season has had me on the edge of my seat week to week. I predicted most of what would happen amongst my friends, but it was heartwrenching to see it all go down.

I cant believe people didnt pick up on the ricin in the stevia and that people are complaining about how he obtained a fucking gun :/

I do agree that the way Walt and Jessie ended their relationship kind of sucked, but honestly after all that had happened, there was no need for them to talk.

Some aspects of the finale do seem quite contrived. It makes little sense that Walter could slip past Skyler's security detail, or that for some reason he would hire two fuck-ups like Badger and Skinny Pete.

seriously?

the nazis broke in using the stealth method one episode ago. badger and skinny pete were the perfect men for that job. the show ended on its own terms. nothing was contrived.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
*sigh*

Walt drives all way from New Hampshire to Santa Fe in one sitting. Meets the Schwartzes. The next morning, he heads to Albuquerque, where he meets the gun dealer in the Denny's bathroom. The dealer gives him the keys to another car (notice this one is RED, not white like the New Hampshire car) with an M60 in the trunk. They lay this out so plainly, people.

So to answer your question, he has access to the M60 because....gun dealers have access to guns...
The gun dealer is actually the vacuum/new identity guy tho right?

ЯAW

Banned
Pretty good ending, but I still rank Shield ending over it and Sopranos ending. Walt redeemed himself in a way. I wanted Walt to suffer more, I wanted ending where he had to live with all the consequences his actions had and would be too weak to do anything about it.

Some aspects of the finale do seem quite contrived. It makes little sense that Walter could slip past Skyler's security detail, or that for some reason he would hire two fuck-ups like Badger and Skinny Pete.

Well, the Nazis got past them that one time as well.

I thought the skinny Pete/badger stuff was cool way to tie them in.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
When the nazi dude asks Walt if he has a wire reminds me so much as the time when Walt asks Jesse if he has a wire. So good it came full circle.

maharg

idspispopd
I don't like fanservice. Fans have no idea what they want or what's good for them and when the writers go out of their way to loop in fanservice, I think it risks breaking suspension of disbelief.

Having said that, I don't really know which part of this episode would count as indulgent fanservice....

I think Badger and Skinny Pete do, but really that's not even remotely worth judging the episode on.

Pretty sure it is.

Definitely isn't. The suggestion that Walt bribed the waiter to sit her there makes more sense anyways.

iammeiam

My guess they probably didn't really care they wanted the main man Walt. They probably assumed Walter still did the cooking or some shit and called it a day. This is the same crew that told Hank just to close it after anytime it seemed done.

I think Jesse is probably screwed because he went off into the desert with Hank and Gomez to go confront Heisenberg. Nobody hears from any of the three of them again. Heisenberg takes credit in a roundabout way for the death of two DEA agents.

Now, in short order, Heisenberg is going to resurface, looking grizzled and dead, the bodies of the two missing DEA agents are going to turn up with no third corpse for Jesse, and Jesse is going to be out and free in the world.

At this point, if I'm the DEA, I'm probably looking for Jesse Pinkman, known accomplice to Walter White, for his contribution to helping Heisenberg murder two DEA agents.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I actually liked that there wasnt a lot of epic/extensive dialogue scenes, I mean it was established a long time ago that everything that need to be said has been said between the main characters. Theyre all broken because of their experiences and at this point are just trying to stay alive.

For me, I think that I left the episode feeling like Walt didn't have his rise from the ashes moment. I wanted a last moment of Heisenberg, a resurfacing of the dark rider. Yes everything was masterfully planned but I don't think the M60 turret fills enough.

This is man with lines like "I'm the one who knocks!" and "Say my name.". I wanted another moment like that to send us off even if the weakness and shell soon shattered afterward.

Those lines were just Walt acting out his fantasy. He was an amazing chemist and meth cook, but he got to be a drug kingpin by being extremely lucky.

He won out in the end by being smarter than everybody else, which was always his greatest strength. He was never some kind of badass demonic drug lord.

apologizing for walt has been the whole series. he wasn't going to suffer, ever. he was going to enjoy his death from the day he found out he had cancer. it's an escape. everything is.

I don't like fanservice. Fans have no idea what they want or what's good for them and when the writers go out of their way to loop in fanservice, I think it risks breaking suspension of disbelief.

Having said that, I don't really know which part of this episode would count as indulgent fanservice....

Some do.

Again, it's a disingenuous phrase. It's a means to make the act of entertaining seem gross, even as you're attempting to be entertained.

I think Badger and Skinny Pete do, but really that's not even remotely worth judging the episode on.

Badger & Skinny Pete ended up being the example used, yeah. I mean - I can see how one could easily frame that as "fanservice." Gilligan could have simply had him bribe a couple kids, or rig up some sort of pushbutton whatchamacallit - but Badger & Skinny Pete makes sense, too. And they're good characters. So why not? Is it any more reality breaking than any of the other events in the show? Not at all.

ЯAW;84080947 said:
Pretty good ending, but I still rank Shield ending over it and Sopranos ending. Walt redeemed himself in a way. I wanted Walt to suffer more, I wanted ending where he had to live with all the consequences that his actions had and would be too weak to do anything about it.

This is essentially Granite State's plot. It seems like some people would have preferred the show actually ended there. It seems like people forgot that Walt had to essentially live with cancer and chemotherapy alone for months to the point where he was desperate enough to pay 10,000 grand for someone to sit with him.

inm8num2

I'm not sure if using a laser pointer requires a doctoral degree. ;)

megamerican

I really thought it was a good ending to a fantastic show. It did seem a little neat and by-the-numbers for the conclusion of an otherwise subversive show. It actually wouldn't have bothered me if the show had ended 2 episodes previous with Walt getting in the van to nowhere. But I can also appreciate a bit of closure too.

Dany

Banned
Except it wasn't. The entire episode was under the perspective of Walter and him seeing himself finishing it all under his terms that of someone who is smarter than the people trying to catch or kill him that of someone who is wrapping it all into one neat little package with no loose ends. We saw the ending through the perspective of a delusional egotistic criminal.

Every scene in this episode had walt in it. That was clearly done deliberately.
I really like this interpretation.

border

seriously?

the nazis broke in using the stealth method one episode ago..

Walter is known to be in ABQ, and the police have been instructed by Marie herself that Skyler will be one of his main targets. It makes little sense that all they do is put a couple dopes in an unmarked car outside her house. She should be under video surveillance, if not in a safehouse.

How were Badger and Skinny Pete even remotely the right guys for the job? Perhaps the most convenient, but I don't see how you can argue that bringing them back was much more than fan service.

There's just way too much perfect predicting on Walt's part, and that's really the only problem with the writing. I guess I can let it go...

So how many people were actually happy to see Walt die? I know some people hated him, but I cant imagine people were happy to see him go.

Walter is known to be in ABQ, and the police have been instructed by Marie herself that Skyler will be one of his main targets. It makes little sense that all they do is put a couple dopes in an unmarked car outside her house. She should be under video surveillance, if not in a safehouse.

OK, I cant let it go-- this bothered me a lot as well. Seems like they should have ditched the whole Carol thing

Definitely isn't. The suggestion that Walt bribed the waiter to sit her there makes more sense anyways.

I'll have to get some screencaps when the episode goes VOD. I'm so sure of this, and it makes no sense that waiters would lead you to your seat in a cafe.

Jeramii

Banned
I think Jesse is probably screwed because he went off into the desert with Hank and Gomez to go confront Heisenberg. Nobody hears from any of the three of them again. Heisenberg takes credit in a roundabout way for the death of two DEA agents.
No one knew that they had Jesse with them at that point.

yeah the ending doesn't take place in the real world, but neither does every other episode. they check him for his engine size, but don't check the trunk. huh.

it's supposed to be obvious. walt is jesus.

I don't think it was. Those two guys were the only people Walt could get to do that job for him. He had nobody else.

The only slight thing that bothered me was him moving in and out around ABQ and getting in contact with so many people without getting caught, but he never really lingered for that long

So how many people were actually happy to see Walt die? I know some people hated him, but I cant imagine people were happy to see him go.

In terms of what his character deserved? I thought it was a good sendoff. He didn't get to ride off into the sunset, but it wasn't a granite state dark ending either.

Ingeniero

I was 100 percent right, I am rg drunk right now, and I cried,,,,, what a great show. I hope Jesse walks out fine, get a new identity and pull trough...

I LOVE BREAKING BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jtb

Banned
Every scene in this episode had walt in it. That was clearly done deliberately.
I really like this interpretation.

But why does that matter? Walt still managed to end things (or at least try) on his own terms. Just because it was told from Walt's perspective doesn't change the fact that it happened.

8c706.JPG

Jesse's smile at the end of this comic is so good.

I don't think it was. Those two guys were the only people Walt could get to do that job for him. He had nobody else.

These last few episodes kind of did demonstrate how few criminal contacts Walt had actually acquired as a drug kingpin.

Social

I'm just glad he died by himself and not by Jesse's hand.

I never hated Walt though, best character ever to me, and I supported every choice he made!

Top Bottom