• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

derFeef said:
So a public 16 slot server on gameservers costs 14€ / month.
Considering it.... Problem is that I want an EU server and the majority is clearly from the US.

I have around half a dozen dudes wanting to play this on my steam list. We can easily fill it out!

demolitio

This is the perfect time to open a letter from yesterday from my insurance company who just raised my monthly rate by another fucking 30 dollars. I was already at their max rate but they raise it every year anyway because there's no way for them not to lose a shitload of money off of me.

May the gaming gods bless me and let me prioritize...Brink before bills!

Thanks for the link to that heavy video though. That was the first video not to actually make me LOSE hype for the game. Shitty players really make the game look boring which is why I fear the reviews.

demolitio said:
This is the perfect time to open a letter from yesterday from my insurance company who just raised my monthly rate by another fucking 30 dollars. I was already at their max rate but they raise it every year anyway because there's no way for them not to lose a shitload of money off of me.

May the gaming gods bless me and let me prioritize...Brink before bills!

Thanks for the link to that heavy video though. That was the first video not to actually make me LOSE hype for the game. Shitty players really make the game look boring which is why I fear the reviews.

Just realised/wondering...

Has there been any news regarding matchmaking at all?

Is it going to be CoD matchmaking (similarly skilled players? LOL)

Or skill based?

As long as I get matched with enemies and teammates that aren't 100x worse than me, I'll be happy. (PLEASE have a good mp population!!!!!!!!!)

demolitio

Lead Based Paint said:
Just realised/wondering...

Has there been any news regarding matchmaking at all?

Is it going to be CoD matchmaking (similarly skilled players? LOL)

Or skill based?

As long as I get matched with enemies and teammates that aren't 100x worse than me, I'll be happy. (PLEASE have a good mp population!!!!!!!!!)
I'm not sure, but pray that it does have good matchmaking that takes skill into account. I'm sure the PC version will be a normal server browser?

That's something I haven't seen or heard a lot about...

Nocebo

demolitio said:
I'm not sure, but pray that it does have good matchmaking that takes skill into account. I'm sure the PC version will be a normal server browser?

I'm sure PC version has a server browser, they talked about setting servers as favorites etc. And I think it also has a match making option (not sure on that though).

demolitio said:

As a probable console buyer, I am sick of CoD's matchmaking.

I pray that the developers chose a competent system that is skilled based at least partly on the consoles.

Thats how competitive play works on consoles. Period.

zlatko

Banned
So has anyone who ordered from Amazon started to get their game to ship/get moved? Mine is still on Not Yet Shipped. I'm thinking about just cancelling and going to my local Best Buy in the morning. :/

zlatko said:
So has anyone who ordered from Amazon started to get their game to ship/get moved? Mine is still on Not Yet Shipped. I'm thinking about just cancelling and going to my local Best Buy in the morning. :/

When you get release day shipping, it never shows as shipped until the day of, and you usually get it in the late afternoon. I've purchased numerous games from them and I consistently get it about 5PM (which works out great, because that's about when I get back from work).

zlatko said:

You won't get a notice until later in the day. They usually ship release date games at 6pm that day and you won't get an email till around 11-12pm saying they shipped it.

zlatko

Banned
samus4ever said:
You won't get a notice until later in the day. They usually ship release date games at 6pm that day and you won't get an email till around 11-12pm saying they shipped it.

Last game I did this with Amazon was Black Ops, and that came a day late with release day shipping. My hype is 9000 times greater for this than that, and I'd go insane if it didn't show up tomorrow. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIYwWQ13ANU

This video is dead sexy by the way. OMG!

DXPett1

Are the pre order bonus just day 1 unlocks and can be earned or are they exclusives (that will mostly become free when the hype dies down)?

The DOOM pack is very nice

zlatko

Banned
DXPett1 said:
Are the pre order bonus just day 1 unlocks and can be earned or are they exclusives (that will mostly become free when the hype dies down)?

The DOOM pack is very nice

All they've said is they are pre order bonuses that you will use a code for to unlock.

They may become DLC down the line that you can pay for, but as of now the only way to get them is by pre ordering.

DeanoCalver

Splash Damage
divisionbyzorro said:
Matchmaking is based on rank, correct? You can only play with people who have the same rank as you.
You can choose same level (the default) or same level and higher if you fancy a challenge when finding a game.

XeroSauce

Lead Based Paint said:
As a probable console buyer, I am sick of CoD's matchmaking.

I pray that the developers chose a competent system that is skilled based at least partly on the consoles.

Thats how competitive play works on consoles. Period.

From what I heard, it has set ranks, 1-5, 6-0, 11-15, 16-19(or 20?) and 20. That way, you are always paired with people who have the same ability access as you and there isn't level discrimination.

Proven

rac said:
That's good and all but you don't need to re-aim any shot after firing in halo. You need to wait for the bloom to go down sure but your gun doesn't actually kick.

I just explained all that specifically to avoid this type of dumbass response. Halo doesn't have recoil. It has bloom. Heck, every speck of data about Reach's reticule said bloom, bloom, bloom, and not recoil.

Recoil isn't as necessary in many console shooters. Recoil helps a lot more for certain types of PC shooters.

Nocebo said:
Ah that explains it. Yeah you're right, the weapons they can carry should make up for it. Are there any clips with the minigun / grenade launcher in action?

Can every class get 2 extra pips of health maximum from buffs?
Every class can give give two extra pips to themselves. The first comes from a general ability you have to purchase, and the second comes from being buffed by, or self-buffing as a medic.

You can then get extra health pips from controlling Command Posts, and Engineers have a R3 ability that allows them to upgrade Command Posts to give double the pips.

SneakyStephan said:
Does accuracy increase for the heavy bodytype compared to the light one? (rambo arms able to handle kickback better:p)

The health difference is pretty small, especially considering how much faster on his feet the light is.
If the health is the only other difference I'll probably stick to playing light.

I wonder if their hit boxes differ too.
I don't think aim increases (can't actually confirm this) and I'm pretty sure they have to deal with a bigger hitbox. The game does seem more balanced around playing Light and Medium classes though... It's either better firepower, or better movement, and often movement wins out in these cases.

zlatko

Banned
I got cold feet about the Amazon pre order and cancelled it. I'll just go pick it up from Best Buy in the morning. Too hyped to have my hopes dashed by a day late delivery.

Proven

The MLG guy was requested to show some long rifle footage. Unfortunately, he's not that great at it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azkc10xwooY

Also, it seems that despite of the dot they give you, no scopes are extremely inaccurate. The dot is probably there specifically for scoping purposes.

And his first gameplay video was taken down, so he's not allowed to post unlisted videos for a while. Get this one while it's hot.

vidal said:
It did when it was released. Which was what reviewers based their scores and thoughts on.
When it released, you could also buy it separately instead of the entire Orange Box. Same with Portal. Many people neglected to notice this. The only reason I purchased it was because the standalone price for TF2 and Portal combined was about the price of the Orange Box.

Well, that's for PC. It was more fair on consoles to review the games together as you couldn't play them any other way.

Proven

XeroSauce said:
From what I heard, it has set ranks, 1-5, 6-0, 11-15, 16-19(or 20?) and 20. That way, you are always paired with people who have the same ability access as you and there isn't level discrimination.
To clarify, it's 0-4, 5-9, 10-14, 15-19, and then 20.

Proven said:
To clarify, it's 0-4, 5-9, 10-14, 15-19, and then 20.

I just wish there was a way to tie together people who truly want to work as a team for when I have to wade into the murky waters of the public pool when Brink360GAF isnt available. Honestly, Id love to tie skill level into that, but as long as your heart is in the right place, and your trying to help the team win, people of any skill can always roll with me.

Tomorrow!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Blackface said:
So is Brink more tailored to the PC or Console.

Sincne they only show consolefootage I'm leaning towards console.

Nonetheless I didn't pay more than 25ish bux for it so it's not a big loss if the pc "port" is full of jank.

derFeef

Sn4ke_911 said:
Austrian PC magazine "Gamers.at" gave it 85%.
Austrians have good taste ;)
Joking aside, reviews mean nothing for a game like this. Long-term motivation and online play is what counts.

Shoogoo

Amir0x said:
This game sounds better and better the more I read impressions.

This is like old school pure multiplayer blitzing mixed with a peppering of some new school functionality. I am buzzing here :D

You're going with the PC version Ami?

Sanic

Could anyone give me a list of updates or videos or news that have been released over the past 5 days? I don't really have time to read through the last 25 pages.

X-Frame

SHIT. No PSN until May 31st?!

I have my PS3 version on pre-order from Amazon. It still says Not Yet Shipped .. I wonder if I can ninja-swap them for the 360 version.

Definity

zlatko said:
IGN: 8.0
Gamespot: 7.5
GT: 7.9
1UP: B+

From the four hours or so of game time I've had with it here is what I think will happen with some of the reviews.

1UP - C+
GT: 7.5
IGN: 7.3

zlatko

Banned
X-Frame said:
SHIT. No PSN until May 31st?!

I have my PS3 version on pre-order from Amazon. It still says Not Yet Shipped .. I wonder if I can ninja-swap them for the 360 version.

Just cancel it now, then get whatever you want. No charges will be made if you hurry.

pelican

Interested in seeing people actually considering what 1up will give it.

Ages since I thought that site would be considered relevant for review purposes.

More interested in what Giant Bomb, Edge, and Eurogamer give it.

Definity said:
From the four hours or so of game time I've had with it here is what I think will happen with some of the reviews.

1UP - C+
GT: 7.5
IGN: 7.3

Hmmm, that seems kinda low, but I suppose what do I know since I haven’t played it yet?

Oh and IGN now only review games by: 7.0 --> 7.5 --> 8.0. So your 7.3 should be a 7.5.

I've honestly never had a problem with release day shipping. If I wasn't working I'd probably just buy it in the store, but since I won't leave work until 5:45pm or so the late afternoon delivery is fine for me.

bengraven

This game has been completely off my radar.

Is single player going to be decent? OP makes it sound kind of shoe-horned in.

X-Frame

zlatko said:
Just cancel it now, then get whatever you want. No charges will be made if you hurry.

I started a live chat and they ended up switching the order in about 5 seconds. Lol. Amazon is so awesome.

taoofjord

I'm pretty sure this game will get some very negative to below average review scores. I'd expect a metacritic score of about 64.

That said, I think I'll end up having a lot of fun with the game.

DarkKyo

I think the game looks great but money is tight so I'm gonna wait on reviews before I pop for this one... But if it is good I could see the multiplayer component lasting awhile.

Erasus

bengraven said:
This game has been completely off my radar.

Is single player going to be decent? OP makes it sound kind of shoe-horned in.

Its bot matches with cut scenes. Get this for the MP.

Proven

The MLG guy has had his vids taken down. There are a couple random bad people with their first playthroughs out there still, and very, very few "just" decents that I never bothered posting in the thread.

derFeef

Proven said:
The MLG guy has had his vids taken down. There are a couple random bad people with their first playthroughs out there still, and very, very few "just" decents that I never bothered posting in the thread.
Jesus Bethesda - it's one day! If they have a legit copy, let them play and show off the game.

X-Frame

Proven said:

Wow really?

"OMG this is the best video I've seen!"

"Hype increased tenfold!"

"I am totally getting this game now!"

---

*Bethesda removes video*

Makes sense.

Top Bottom