• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Congrats Tash, you've line up a shot. Now you've got to kick it in.

Kick it, kick, kick it, kick it (OHH OH)
Kick it, kick it, kick, kick it, kick it, kick it (OHH OH)
Kick it, kick it like your mum's brand new hoover, kick it, kick it
Shh you got to, kick it, shh kick it, kick it, got to kick it
(Kick it Tashbrooke) kick it like your mum's brand new hoover

NinjaBoiX

Hey Kent, as an Ian Brown fan, have you heard the stuff he did with UNKLE? This track is so epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lEi0KolscM

This was after DJ Shadow left, so it's just James Lavelle, but it's one of the highlights of Never Never Land. Pysence Fiction, UNKLE's first album is basically DJ Shadow leading production, and is just amazing, like seriously good.

jWfoaIC.jpg

Fuck it, I'm linking two of my favourite track from that album too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ggye0aOTY
Edit: sorry for the rough quality, it's the only version I could find!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAcU5AHS1E8

Provided that PC GAF cannot spot any problems, this will be my new PC:

Case - Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Chassis
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3, Intel X79 Chipset
CPU - Intel Core i7 3820, 3.6Ghz Quad Core + Hyperthreading, 10MB Cache
CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Hydro CPU Cooler
Overclock - 4.4Ghz
RAM - Corsair Memory Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 1866 MHz
CPU - 4GB EVGA GTX 680 Classified, 1111MHz GPU, 1536 Cores, 6008MHz GDDR5
System Drive - 2TB Seagate Barracuda, SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache
DVD Drive - Samsung SH-224BB - 24X DVD Writer
Wireless - Edimax EW-7622UMn 11n 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

f0rk

2 hours into Bioshock and I'm not seeing the 95 metacritic, it seems overrated in the same way the original was.

Hello BritGAF

Where do you live: Crawley Town, Western Sussexshire.
Where are you from: Birdham, a nice little village five minutes from the sea. My parents obviously wanted me to grow up a chav, though, hence the move to crap town when I was 6
University: Bloody hell, no.
Favourite Sport: Sitting still. Used to be Badminton.
Political party of choice: I'm inclined leftwards, so currently none. 
Favourite thing on the box: Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Falling Skies, Horizon
Favourite crisp flavour: Smoky Bacon
Favourite biscuit: Rich Tea Fingers
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: No thanks, I'm trying to give them up
Beano or Dandy: Beano. But also Tiger and Scorcher, and Battle, and 2000AD

Mikeside

I've gone all the way to freakin' Hong Kong for you Bioshock, WHY WON'T YOU HURRY UP UNPACKING?!?!

Hello BritGAF

Where do you live: Crawley Town, Western Sussexshire.
Where are you from: Birdham, a nice little village five minutes from the sea. My parents obviously wanted me to grow up a chav, though, hence the move to crap town when I was 6
University: Bloody hell, no.
Favourite Sport: Sitting still. Used to be Badminton.
Political party of choice: I'm inclined leftwards, so currently none. 
Favourite thing on the box: Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Falling Skies, Horizon
Favourite crisp flavour: Smoky Bacon
Favourite biscuit: Rich Tea Fingers
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: No thanks, I'm trying to give them up
Beano or Dandy: Beano. But also Tiger and Scorcher, and Battle, and 2000AD

Welcome to our little neck of the woods.

What's American Horror Story like? I keep hearing about it, but never heard what it actually is. Sell me on it!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Provided that PC GAF cannot spot any problems, this will be my new PC:

Case - Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Chassis
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3, Intel X79 Chipset
CPU - Intel Core i7 3820, 3.6Ghz Quad Core + Hyperthreading, 10MB Cache
CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Hydro CPU Cooler
Overclock - 4.4Ghz
RAM - Corsair Memory Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 1866 MHz
CPU - 4GB EVGA GTX 680 Classified, 1111MHz GPU, 1536 Cores, 6008MHz GDDR5
System Drive - 2TB Seagate Barracuda, SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache
DVD Drive - Samsung SH-224BB - 24X DVD Writer
Wireless - Edimax EW-7622UMn 11n 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
How much does that come to? I'm thinking of getting a new pc, not sure whether to go for a laptop or not as it'll be more expensive but a lot more convenient (don't have a desk).

Darren870

It's an induction..so it's casual, basically if they like me they'll give me a second interview and i have to wear a suit and shit to that

It's for a job in customer service :)
or marketing

..or sales, however i made it pretty clear (without being rude) that that particular area was of no interest to me

Also might be getting an interview for a cleaner job, but im not so bothered about that anymore as it was only 12 hours a week with a 5:30am start

I'm waiting...i've got xcom to fuck with :p

Wear a suit...even for an induction.

Congrats though, hope it works out

Alright!

Where do you live: Kent

Where are you from: I am a Man of Kent (not to be confused with a 'Kentish Man').

University: Got fed up with book learning & or my 'peers' so none.

Favourite Sport: Fox Hunting / Bear Baiting - great family fun!

Political party of choice: I usually vote for the 'silliest' party (not to be confused with the silliest party).

Favourite thing on the box: I hate telly, it's 98% shite (except for the odd program - some BBC period drama / docu or the odd Ch4 comedy.

Favourite crisp flavour: Tomato Sauce, -except they don't make it any more, so Worcester Sauce Flave.

Favourite biscuit: About time you asked a decent fucking question! Choc Digestive, Bourbon or Custard Cream, depends on how horny I am. Sexy Biscuits!!

Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Don't watch the program or whatever.

Beano or Dandy: I used to like the one about a football team, but can't remember the name, it only went on for a few years. Aside from that I preferred my Dad's Dan Dare comics over Beano / Dandy. Well, when he actually let me read them, the bastard.

Xun

Sup guyz.

Where do you live: Bromley, Kent

Where are you from: Bromley, Kent

Occupation: Currently a runner for a TV post production company, but it has literally nothing to do with what I studied (animation). This will hopefully change soon.

University: Ravensbourne College

Favourite Sport: Formula 1 and Tennis

Political party of choice: I don't have one.

Favourite thing on the box: Anything with Charlie Brooker.

Favourite crisp flavour: Roast Chicken Walkers

Favourite biscuit: Gold

Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Pokémon was dead to me the moment there were more of the bloody things.

Beano or Dandy: I guess Beano, but I didn't really read comics.

Beano or Dandy: I used to like the one about a football team, but can't remember the name, it only went on for a few years. Aside from that I preferred my Dad's Dan Dare comics over Beano / Dandy. Well, when he actually let me read them, the bastard.

Welcome! Roy of the Rovers?

Welcome! Roy of the Rovers?

It should have been, but it was some naff copy I'm sure.

In this comic, you could send you picture in and be featured in a story.

One time, my mum sent my picture in, so I was 'lucky' enough for my ugly mug to be featured for like 1 panel.

SKINNER!

Banned
The new one with Snoop Lion is hilarious

Oh snap! There's a new one with Snoop? Gonna check that out.

Love these Nardwuar interviews. The one he did Nas had me in stitches because you could tell Nas couldn't put up with his shit as the video progressed.

EDIT: just for clarification. Nardwuar is this quirky Canadian interviewer that asks the most bizarre/personal questions to musicians. He does all genres but the rap/hiphop ones are the funniest because he digs out the most obscure details that makes them feel awkward.

So I just found out I have access to everything so I can work from home.

What this means is I'll never be actually allowed to work from home, but will probably find myself logging in when I get home to do stuff I didn't get a chance to finish that day.

Kinda sucks.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So I just found out I have access to everything so I can work from home.

What this means is I'll never be actually allowed to work from home, but will probably find myself logging in when I get home to do stuff I didn't get a chance to finish that day.

Kinda sucks.

Always the way. I spent a Saturday night repeatedly running database queries on my work laptop one weekend because they took two hours to run and wanted to get ahead. That was fun.

PJV3

Favourite biscuit: About time you asked a decent fucking question! Choc Digestive, Bourbon or Custard Cream, depends on how horny I am. Sexy biscuits!!

Two of those are old ladies biscuits, and that isnt code for pissflaps.

Hystzen

2 hours into Bioshock and I'm not seeing the 95 metacritic, it seems overrated in the same way the original was.

I was 50/50 on wither to try it but Sesslers review got me hyped somehow, I find 1 overrated I was more frustrated with game due to seeing it could have potential but didn't grab me.

Suairyu

Banned
Back to work today, tender loin-globules and all.

A bit of a shit-storm occurred in my absence, too. Joy. 'least I have a reason why I'm not going to be doing a lick of overtime this week!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Three days? Game is only 2 hours long.

I am a grownup with limited time, 2 hours game time a week is good for me! I just killed that Raven dude in the tank, how far through am I? That fight was a bitch as well.

I played MGS many years ago (this is the same copy on PC in fact) and it's funny both how much I remembered and forgot. In a lot of ways it was an incredibly ambitious game for the time. When you consider how early it was in the era of 3D games it's still very impressive. Wordy as fuck though, I think it would actually be 2 hours long if I skipped all the nattering on the codecs. Plus lol at all the super heavy handed sci fi ideas, Kojima has all the subtlety is a brick in the teeth.

Chinner

Banned
and most gamers miss his point anyway. subtlety be damned.

btw ur like 20% through the game. normal playthroughs can take between 8-12 hours lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom