• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
See there is some two-tier bullshit going on in this thread.

As far as Musha's concerned, you've either attended a meetup or you haven't. That's all that matters.

LondonGAF forcing their sense of worth on everyone else again :(

Oh you know I didn't mean it like that. I just meant how could he not think he'd be welcome.

You know I love all of Brit Gaf, I've always tried to include everyone in the meets and said everyone is welcome, especially those from far away. I've even gone so far as to put people up in my flat when they've travelled far! Like ZombieFred from wherever he's from (sorry dude can't remember!), Lirlond and shorty_symd from Scotland, and donkey show from Sheffield.

You can't moan about LondonGaf having meet ups if you can't be bothered to arrange your own. And they're never London people exclusive, all are welcome.

You should come to the next one, you can even stay at mine.

lol, one of my mates is a stripper at Mansion!

Based on my own behaviour, if *i* could be a stripper in mansion - I would

If she mentions anything about some weird ginger guy and his mate refusing a 'lesbian experience' and possibly nicking her clothes at the end of the night, send her my apologies.

I'm not proud of myself.

Mikeside

he pmed me. he said the new britgaf regulars (iammikeside,tashbrooke,hotgreenman and suairyu) bullied him out of the thread because he wanted to talk about something that is not girl/mum/topman related.

Being a clique-critic is the new clique

Meadows

Banned
Based on my own behaviour, if *i* could be a stripper in mansion - I would

If she mentions anything about some weird ginger guy and his mate refusing a 'lesbian experience' and possibly nicking her clothes at the end of the night, send her my apologies.

I'm not proud of myself.

I believe she's on holiday at the moment so I don't think you'd have seen her!

Most of the strippers that work there are really nice people.

8bit

Knows the Score
I was looking for this:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23118-1362747858-1.gif

And somehow found this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/things-british-people-know-to-be-true

enhanced-buzz-12718-1362755119-3.jpg

I believe she's on holiday at the moment so I don't think you'd have seen her!

Most of the strippers that work there are really nice people.

If I remember rightly, the girl I saw the most of said she was quite new at it and a bit self conscious / intimidated by the other girls - but I'd agree, they create a good atmosphere in there, everyone's friendly. She was boss too, gave my mate (the stag) a really good show. Just conscious that I could have gone on holiday with the money I spent or something!

Mikeside

well.....

He assumes we didn't take lots of screenshots last night...

Silly boy.

In other news, I have 3 (count 'em!) OKCupid dates lined up over the next few weeks. The tides are turning.
Also, the messages back and forth with Finland girl have made a change for the far more interesting. Hnng.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh god I'm so bored. Currently mired in making boring seating plans for exams which essentially means copy and pasting around 10,000 times (actually not kidding, my ctrl+c, ctrl+v hand is aching). I know there's got to be a smarter way of doing this somehow using databases and shit but I don't even know how to pose the question to start searching for it. Gaaaaah.

Back to the grind...

Hystzen

Silly boy.

In other news, I have 3 (count 'em!) OKCupid dates lined up over the next few weeks. The tides are turning.
Also, the messages back and forth with Finland girl have made a change for the far more interesting. Hnng.

You need show BritGAF mum one of those

I like how you used term turning the tide like you fighting a losing war

ittoryu

Where do you live: London
Favourite Sport: Football, I guess
Political party of choice: nope
Favourite thing on the box: Californication, Breaking bad
Favourite crisp flavour: Ehm... salty, just salt.
Favourite biscuit: Macine Mulino Bianco
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: My cat
Beano or Dandy: I have no idea what is this. Dandy, just because I like the word.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Silly boy.

awesome man, way to go.

Getting interesting, eh? PM me nudie pix thanx

spadge

Where do you live: Middlesbrough
Where are you from: Essex
University: Teesside
Favourite Sport: Water Polo
Political party of choice: Labour
Favourite thing on the box: Peep Show
Favourite crisp flavour: Barbecue
Favourite biscuit: Crunch Creams
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Ampharos
Beano or Dandy: Beano

Mikeside

awesome man, way to go.

Getting interesting, eh? PM me nudie pix thanx

Yeah, the laws of attraction are working - thinking makes it so, positivity breeds possibilities and all that.

Getting interesting, but not quite THAT interesting. There's been some fairly descriptive messaging and a few cheeky snapshots, but no photos I couldn't show on Channel 4 at tea time, so far.

I like how you used term turning the tide like you fighting a losing war

That's exactly what I'm doing, man.
Though the BritGAF game last night didn't help - I totally forgot to message the physics teacher girl back for about 2 hours in the middle of planning a night out. I think I may have soured that one a bit. THANKS GAF
/OBAMA

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah, the laws of attraction are working - thinking makes it so, positivity breeds possibilities and all that.

Getting interesting, but not quite THAT interesting. There's been some fairly descriptive messaging and a few cheeky snapshots, but no photos I couldn't show on Channel 4 at tea time, so far.

Awesome, descriptive messaging is better than a blurry photo anyway. You go girl!

no angel

Lucky you
Ahaha, Portsmouth - the English Riviera.

I'm not surprised one of you found it claustrophobic, London is the only city with more people per square foot than Pompey in England. Parts of it are ok, some of it's fucking nasty though.

SKINNER!

Banned
eh you got to apply for japan a year before you go, so things like JET/interac are out of the question. if you go in like 2-3 years bro then i will meet you then>

Cool cool. I'm only heading there for a holiday this year. Not sure when's the next time I'll ever be in Japan unless I get sent there to do work or decide to take part in some office relocation programme. Either way, I'll definitely meet up if we happen to be in the same area.

I'm getting the sinking feeling that I've left all these assignments too late. I mean, I have three weeks, but it doesn't feel like enough time right now.

Not sure what I should do... Preload Infinite or install x-com and do the other one over-night..

I'd play Infinite first. X-Com is really good aand can be quite lengthy. Bioshock's only meant to be 12-15 hours, isn't it?

I miss getting really stuck into games. Have played a bit of Far Cry 3, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider and nothing has stuck. Might rent Infinite if it's good. Injustice: Gods Among Us is probably going to be my most played game of 2013 though. Have 10+ people coming over for a scrub league the night of launch.

Mikeside

Not sure what I should do... Preload Infinite or install x-com and do the other one over-night..

Remember when you didn't have a job & couldn't afford games?

Hahaha, me either :p

Don't worry, they were mostly hilarious captions about your threesome adventures and how secretive you are about LBP3.

My new theory is that you're working on Sonic: Generations: Revelations - Curse of the Zombie Hedgehog

I want this in the OP

Oh, all right then. Late to the new thread party...
Where do you live: Edinburgh
Where are you from: Norn Iron
Favourite Sport: British Touring Cars
Political party of choice: One that doesn't exist
Favourite thing on the box: Weekly Wipe
Favourite crisp flavour: Tayto brand Cheese & Onion
Favourite biscuit: Chocolate Hobnob
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Togepi
Beano or Dandy: 2000AD

Steam: Delusibeta
PSN: Delusi
XBL: Delusibeta64 (only for GfWL games, however, since I sold my 360).
Battletag: Delusibeta

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Old school adventure games, but extremely slowly! Think King's Quest, Space Quest etc.

hutton1.png
Well, I started on this kinda stuff 10+ years ago and back then, there just wasn't the tools we have today. I use Adventure Game Studio (used for things like Gemini Rue) and although the AGI style games I make aren't by any means its primary intention, you can pull them off. Then it was just a lot of time teaching myself bits and pieces. I'm pretty terrible at art, but am OK with AGI (old Sierra, double width pixels) style so I go with that.
That's awesome man. Feel free to post anything you're working on if you feel like or if you ever want play testers there are a lot of no-lifers around who would be glad to test. Maybe mike could even pitch in if he's not too busy writing sonnets on OKcupid. Donkeyshow is a game dev as well so he might have some sweet tips.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm getting the sinking feeling that I've left all these assignments too late. I mean, I have three weeks, but it doesn't feel like enough time right now.

Three weeks is pretty much the equivalent of "these assignments haven't even been set yet". You have plenty of time to wait two and a half weeks and start panicking.

Don't worry, they were mostly hilarious captions about your threesome adventures and how secretive you are about LBP3.

My new theory is that you're working on Sonic: Generations: Revelations - Curse of the Zombie Hedgehog

LOL, I have to see these. As for that theory, I'll bring it up to SEGA and see what they think. Shitty friends involved? :O

And speaking which, that mom from epic thursday texted me this weekend. She wants to meet up when she gets a babysitter for her kids sometime this week. My mind is telling me no... :S

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I went travelling in Thailand twice, once for about 6 weeks, and then again for 3. Was amazing. Travelled pretty much the length of the country and then went into Vietnam for a while before coming back to fly out home. Really great place to stay. First time we went we backpacked around, second time we stayed in a few of the more flashier places as a bit of a treat. Well worth going.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Visiting my grandma and for the life of me I can't work out why Alan Titchmarsh has his own show

Ding-Ding

Where do you live: Bexhill
Where are you from: Brighton (but Portsmouth born)
University: Sussex
Favourite Sport: F1
Political party of choice: Conservative (but a liberal conservative)
Favourite thing on the box: Repeats of comedy shows from when this country could make a decent one
Favourite crisp flavour: Roysters T-Bone steak
Favourite biscuit: Hobnob
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Whats a pokemon?
Beano or Dandy: Neither, Deaths Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom