• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

I tried playing Zombi-U in a green haze last night. Didn't work. I just kept saving my game, creeping out of the safe house in the wrong direction, creeping back, saving my game, creeping out of the safe house in the wrong direction, creeping back, saving my game....

You get the idea. Turned it off and played Nintendoland instead.

Mikeside

I tried playing Zombi-U in a green haze last night. Didn't work. I just kept saving my game, creeping out of the safe house in the wrong direction, creeping back, saving my game, creeping out of the safe house in the wrong direction, creeping back, saving my game....

I really enjoyed ZombiU, but Nintendoland really is a great game.
Are you playing ironically? I thought you were about as anti-Nintendo as Chinner is anti-not-being-a-dickhead

and most gamers miss his point anyway. subtlety be damned.

btw ur like 20% through the game. normal playthroughs can take between 8-12 hours lol.

'splain yo'self, duck

I've just been rocking F-Zero on mine. Wild Goose fo' life!

And no visible signs of Spring yet huh?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Are you playing ironically? I thought you were about as anti-Nintendo as Chinner is anti-not-being-a-dickhead

'splain yo'self, duck

Yeah I'm not so sure myself. I just think it's funny how every now and then they'll say something about nanobots or will say an acronym like I should know what they mean and then immediately spell out what it means. It's charmingly Japanese. I also enjoy how snake will hit on literally anything with tits.

btw Mike, did you see my reply about that PS3 you're offering? I might well be in the market for one. I get paid on thrusday AND it's my birthday coming up, might be a good self-pressie.

Mikeside

Yeah I'm not so sure myself. I just think it's funny how every now and then they'll say something about nanobots or will say an acronym like I should know what they mean and then immediately spell out what it means. It's charmingly Japanese. I also enjoy how snake will hit on literally anything with tits.

btw Mike, did you see my reply about that PS3 you're offering? I might well be in the market for one. I get paid on thrusday AND it's my birthday coming up, might be a good self-pressie.

Ohh, I didn't see that!
Will reply on Facebook now, boyyyooo

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I am a grownup with limited time, 2 hours game time a week is good for me! I just killed that Raven dude in the tank, how far through am I? That fight was a bitch as well.

I played MGS many years ago (this is the same copy on PC in fact) and it's funny both how much I remembered and forgot. In a lot of ways it was an incredibly ambitious game for the time. When you consider how early it was in the era of 3D games it's still very impressive. Wordy as fuck though, I think it would actually be 2 hours long if I skipped all the nattering on the codecs. Plus lol at all the super heavy handed sci fi ideas, Kojima has all the subtlety is a brick in the teeth.

I have MGS1 sitting on my PS3 waiting to be played through properly. Got the HD trilogy thing too and haven't really gone through that either. Need time to properly commit to it again. I remember loving the first game when it came out.

Been playing a lot of Sleeping Dogs from PS+ recently, not a bad little game. And I'll probably end up with Bioshock Infinite soon too. Going to try and wait as long as I can for the price to come down without ending up getting spoiled on the story/ending. Will see how that works out.

NinjaBoiX

You should've got a 3DSXL Dave. I got one at the weekend, I've barely put it down. OoT3D, SM3DLand, MK7, Layton and Pushmo.

Aww yeah.

8bit

Knows the Score

It's a frustrating game, there are parts which are fun (eg, fighting a handful of zombies in the train station) but if you die it's a long weaponless slog back to that point to get your backpack. Nintendoland is neat but too much exposure may lead to diabetes. I'm looking forward to Lego City next week though as it looks pretty fun and not so serious as a chaser after Tomb Raider.

Mikeside

It's a frustrating game, there are parts which are fun (eg, fighting a handful of zombies in the train station) but if you die it's a long weaponless slog back to that point to get your backpack. Nintendoland is neat but too much exposure may lead to diabetes. I'm looking forward to Lego City next week though as it looks pretty fun and not so serious as a chaser after Tomb Raider.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing LEGO City, but I probably won't get around to it until Christmas, at this point. My backlog has never been this full of quality titles:

Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Dishonored DLC, God of War: Ascension, Ni no Kuni, The Cave and I still have Far Cry 3, Hotline Miami & Assassin's Creed III to finish (though I probably won't bother with AC3 single player again - so dullllllllll)

SmokyDave

I'm not a huge fan of Nintendo at all, but I just had to buy a new console. The Wii-U was the first console I hadn't bought at launch and it was winding me up. I won't play it anywhere near as much as the next gen consoles, but at least I have one for Bayo 2!

I've just been rocking F-Zero on mine. Wild Goose fo' life!

And no visible signs of Spring yet huh?
Yoshi's Fruit Cart for me. That game is crack. The Donkey Kong one too.

You should've got a 3DSXL Dave. I got one at the weekend, I've barely put it down. OoT3D, SM3DLand, MK7, Layton and Pushmo.

Aww yeah.

I've got an OG 3DS that I never play. I'm all about my Vita instead. You should buy Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, it's the secret best 3DS game.

Overall, I'm really enjoying Zombi-U. It just ain't suitable for intoxicated gaming. Far too stressful.

Nintendoland is a strange one. Some interesting concepts but I don't really like the presentation. It's way too sickly-sweet and that floating robot chick drives me mental. It cracks me up that people got huffy when it was described as a minigame collection. That's exactly what it is.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm all Welshed out with Ni No Kuni and need a break from it. Finished AC3 & Tomb Raider, am too rubbish at Hotline Miami and haven't bothered with a God of War since the second one as it was far too over the top. Might pick it up cheap but will probably grab the Dishonored/Sleeping Dogs DLC while waiting on Bioshock Infinite.

BTW, anyone want a code for the original Bioshock on PS3? Played it on 360 years ago and I'm not really likely to play it again.

NinjaBoiX

I've got an OG 3DS that I never play. I'm all about my Vita instead. You should buy Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, it's the secret best 3DS game.
Yeah, the Vita is awesome, I still need to start Virtues Last Reward. But Shadow Wars you reckon? I just saw it for £7 in Sainsburys. Hmmm.

Mikeside

I'm all Welshed out with Ni No Kuni and need a break from it. Finished AC3 & Tomb Raider, am too rubbish at Hotline Miami and haven't bothered with a God of War since the second one as it was far too over the top. Might pick it up cheap but will probably grab the Dishonored/Sleeping Dogs DLC while waiting on Bioshock Infinite.

BTW, anyone want a code for the original Bioshock on PS3? Played it on Xbox years ago and I'm not really likely to play it again.

Jedeye might be looking for some cheap/free PS3 games in the near future!

Sleeping Dogs is another game I need to play, actually - got it on PS plus, so I should tuck into it at some point.

I haven't actually played a God of War game other than the PSP ones before, but I loved the Ascension demo at Eurogamer so I'm pretty excited to give it a go

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Morning GAF

had a lie in today and no exercise so an apple for breakfast follwed by Bioshock all day untill my interview :D

Reknoc

I dunno, should I?
I was terrrrrible at the one I tried on PSP, will I potentially be better at this one?
It's all about the 4 player co-op, right?

3 would probably be easier since it has better controls. Also if you play the WiiU version you could probably find someone online to help you learn how to play.

SmokyDave

Yeah, the Vita is awesome, I still need to start Virtues Last Reward. But Shadow Wars you reckon? I just saw it for £7 in Sainsburys. Hmmm.
Honestly, it's a cracker. If you have even the slightest interest in games, ghosts or recons, you should buy it.

Any of you guys gonna MonHun it up then?
I sincerely doubt it. I tried to get into it on PSP a couple of times and then again on Wii but I've always found it painfully boring. If I get desperate for something to play on the Wii-U I might grab it.

Mikeside

3 would probably be easier since it has better controls. Also if you play the WiiU version you could probably find someone online to help you learn how to play.

I might look at getting it when it goes cheap, but I have a feeling it'll just be an exercise in frustration when I try to play it.

Honestly, it's a cracker. If you have even the slightest interest in games, ghosts or recons, you should buy it.

Totally agree with this - it's the only non-Nintendo game I've put any real time into on my 3DS. So much fun.

NinjaBoiX

Morning GAF

had a lie in today and no exercise so an apple for breakfast follwed by Bioshock all day untill my interview :D
Good luck with your interview Tash. What's it for?

Edit: right Mike and Dave, you've sold me. I'll pick it up at dinner time. Gah, moving next week, why must I have irresistible game purchases dangled in front of me?

Good luck Tash!

I dunno, should I?
I was terrrrrible at the one I tried on PSP, will I potentially be better at this one?
It's all about the 4 player co-op, right?

I sincerely doubt it. I tried to get into it on PSP a couple of times and then again on Wii but I've always found it painfully boring. If I get desperate for something to play on the Wii-U I might grab it.

Haha, I'm pretty much in the same boat. The PSP ones never did anything for me, although I did enjoy the Wii version though (no claw hand to worry about). So if there's enough peeps, I'm down to jump in.

Still looking to get Lego City though... hmmmm.

no angel

Well this is shaping up to be a shit day, got out of my car at work to notice a smashed driver's side fog light. Waiting on a quote from the garage now. Grrr.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nice to see Nintendoland get some praise. It's just good old fashioned arcade fun taking advantage of new tech. Yeah Nintendo botched up the presentation, but you'd think after years of years od E3 misinformation we'd learn that the stage shows are not the best venus for judging games.

As for Monster Hunter. Thought the demo was ok. Hated the camera and swimming controls. May have to go through it one more time before I make up my mind or I'll wait for it to be cheap like I am with Lego and NFS. I'm not that desperate for new games.

It cracks me up that people got huffy when it was described as a minigame collection. That's exactly what it is.
I guess it's because the term has negative connotations with lazy game design because of the shovelware from third parties on the Wii. I'd say 'short games' would probably be a good alternative. They are longer than the mini games found in such games like Mario Party with some sporting multiple levels but on their own they probably wouldn't be able to be considered a full game.

Mikeside

Nice to see Nintendoland get some praise. It's just good old fashioned arcade fun taking advantage of new tech. Yeah Nintendo botched up the presentation, but you'd think after years of years od E3 misinformation we'd learn that the stage shows are not the best venus for judging games.

I was one of the people saying "Nintendo are out of touch, wtf is this Nintendoland shite" at E3, but it really is a fantastic game to show off the Wii U. Loads of fun on your own, even more fun with friends, stuffed full of Nintendo IPs (which is a great way to get people familiar with those IPs for when games like Pikmin 3 come out - "Oh! Pikmin, like the Nintendo land game!")

...yeah I love Nintendoland

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It does have the flaw that the rules are not as obvious as those in WiiSports so it isn't quite pick up and play. Swing your arm to hit a ball in tennis is pretty hard to beat in terms of simple control explanations.

I wish I had people to pop round and play the three mutliplayer only games.

FLkFYG3.jpg

Zelda and Metroid Blast are the best when you're playing with two or more. I was mad happy when Metroid Blast was put in since I had an awesome time with that at E3 when it was first shown.

f0rk

Can't be bothered quoting but Sleepy Dawgs should only be played on PC where it looks ridiculously pretty and if you are going to try GoW start with 3 before Ascension

no angel

Ok, £90 to replace my foglight. Now I have to decide if I can be bothered to do it myself, it looks like a bit of an awkward job. Fucking cars :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom