• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
london gaf should recreate this image
OVM0Y4S.jpg

but instead of the girl you have musha and instead of roses you have greggs sausage rolls

Why sausage rolls, why not fish and chips?

Hystzen

I can see why BF4 is getting its release this year given the new generation, and I'm glad BF3 has got the post release DLC support it has (though I've bought non so far...) but I hope that they don't rush through the lifespan of BF4 as they have with 3. Feels a little premature at this point, and I prefer the longer gestation the older titles had.

Suppose that's what you get when you combine consoles with 'lol EA'. Console kiddies with ADHD need more frequent installments.

It was yearly with old PC titles just they passed off expansion packs instead of sequels. DICE release schedule has not changed since old days, I really think BF3 was more a engine testing game then a full game I feel they kept features back because had no idea it would work with Frostbite.

Is GOT one series per book? Because I'd like to read the books beforehand if possible.

Desperate for a maccies. Nuggets, fries and a Big Mac.

I suggest not to read them, not because they bad but it kills the experience of the show when know whats going happen. I would have loved to not know what happens this season for the major WTF moments. But yeah each book = a season but now they spilting the books into 2 seasons due to amount of content to cover

It was yearly with old PC titles just they passed off expansion packs instead of sequels. DICE release schedule has not changed since old days, I really think BF3 was more a engine testing game then a full game I feel they kept features back because had no idea it would work with Frostbite.

Yeah I see what you mean, but they were definitely much more spaced out, unlike the DLC packs (which are kind of equivalent).

I suggest not to read them, not because they bad but it kills the experience of the show when know whats going happen. I would have loved to not know what happens this season for the major WTF moments. But yeah each book = a season but now they spilting the books into 2 seasons due to amount of content to cover

Hmm but I'd always be spoiling the books or the show, depending on which route I take.

How close are they to the books? Like for example are multiple characters condensed into one character or Elves at Helms Deep level changes?

Hystzen

Hmm but I'd always be spoiling the books or the show, depending on which route I take.

How close are they to the books? Like for example are multiple characters condensed into one character or Elves at Helms Deep level changes?

They have some cuts but I quite agree with the changes, some characters are dropped or merged together because the cast is massive already the books can be hard to follow who is fighting for who or motives. The show is also sorting out the timeline due to most events running parallel along each other or certain characters are ahead compared to others. The issue from the show is how shit slow the author is at writing his books its very likely they will catch up and have to make up there own ending but recently we found out the writers know the ending so they would have to just make up how it ends up at that point

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Yeah I see what you mean, but they were definitely much more spaced out, unlike the DLC packs (which are kind of equivalent).

I read book 1 after watching season 1 but before watching season 2. I've now given up on the books to read other, shorter, things and have just settled on watching the series.

EDIT: so BioShock Infinite is worth it? Been trying to gauge opinions and not hyperbolic reviews.

noffles

Banned
I read book 1 after watching season 1 but before watching season 2. I've now given up on the books to read other, shorter, things and have just settled on watching the series.

EDIT: so BioShock Infinite is worth it? Been trying to gauge opinions and not hyperbolic reviews.

I've never played a more intelligent and well realised game in my entire life. People seem to be finding the combat a bit hit and miss, but everything else is crafted masterfully.

Hystzen

Well I found Bioshock story to be dull and predictable but from what i seen it seems a improvement. The only great thing about bioshock was the setting and shitty gameplay that also got massive hyperbole reviews I expect same. I can't afford get it this week but will next week it looks better then 1 plus nothing else interesting is out at moment

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Mysteamrecommendationthing said:
This has to be one of the finest games I have ever played, a masterpiece by anyones standard. Everything about it is astonishing; the gunplay, the artwork, the environments and dont even get me started on the story.

Never have i felt so immersed in a game, this truley felt like an adventure, recapturing that feeling I got with games when I was a child. This is the Half Life 2 of this Generation and i dont forsee it being beaten for atleast a decade.

My only regret is that towards the end I rushed it even though I had time to really explore, if you do decide to buy this, dont make the same mistake, savour every last moment with this beauty and my god take in everything you see.

That's my take

I did rush it slightly, but that's my thing, at the start i took it nice and steady but towards the end i couldnt help myself, the story totally got to me, i wanted to pursue it so bad

I got through my first play with 23 out of the 50 achievements, so I wouldnt say I rushed it to the point where i missed out details

ALSO ALL OF THIS

This game has struck a terrible chord in my head. I'm sitting here right now wondering how the hell any other game will ever deliver like Infinite did. The narrative, the characters, the world, the horrific yet beautifully executed religious treatment of American history, etc.

As a Literature student, I'm kind of awestruck by it. As a gamer, I'm pissed that it's going to be another 5 and a bit years until Ken Levine makes another game.

I am broken.

Dear lord what a great game.

Just finished the game.

3NkpCLT.jpg

Bioshock Infinte was one of the most satisfying experiences of my life.

Thank you based Irrational Games.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Ill give it about 6 months for the hype effect to wear off before I trust the validity of the "GOTY" "BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE" crowd in regards to Bioshock. Ya'll are basking in the afterglow right now, we'll see if it stands the test of time. Also it's a bit cringeworthy to call a game one of the best experiences of your life. Everyone likes to try on the Peter Molyneux hat sometimes I guess.

Hystzen

Ill give it about 6 months for the hype effect to wear off before I trust the validity of the "GOTY" "BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE" crowd in regards to Bioshock. Ya'll are basking in the afterglow right now, we'll see if it stands the test of time. Also if a game is the best experience of your life, you aren't living.

Video games serious business

its odd seeing comments as a few reviews say the story is not good as Bioshock 1 but people see be fapping over it.

Rubbish King

Ill give it about 6 months for the hype effect to wear off before I trust the validity of the "GOTY" "BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE" crowd in regards to Bioshock. Ya'll are basking in the afterglow right now, we'll see if it stands the test of time. Also it's a bit cringeworthy to call a game one of the best experiences of your life. Everyone likes to try on the Peter Molyneux hat sometimes I guess.
I actually wasn't that hyped for this game, but it genuinely blew me away, it may be that my brain right now is just in shock from such epicosity on so many levels..

You play it, and you decide what you want, but for me I can concur with the guy that indeed that was one of the most satisfying experiences of my life, you can disagree and call me a sadact but you go play it and see what you think
Video games serious business

its odd seeing comments as a few reviews say the story is not good as Bioshock 1 but people see be fapping over it.
I cant even fap, i am immobilised

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Ill play it and happily eat crow if it's that good but experience with hype and forums tell me to curb my enthusiasm so we'll see. Ill wait for it to go on sale though cus I'm cheap so I won't get to find out until Christmas.

Rubbish King

Ill play it and happily eat crow if it's that good but experience with hype and forums tell me to curb my enthusiasm so we'll see. Ill wait for it to go on sale though cus I'm cheap so I won't get to find out until Christmas.

Just make sure you dont have it spoiled for you i guess, glad i played it on release and stayed out of the OTs

f0rk

I think GTAV will be a disappointment if I don't enjoy it as least as much as Infinite. It's very good but I don't really have much compulsion to play it again. It has a great story that is well told and more single player campaigns should aspire to it's level but the game part is only good.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I will have to pick up Infinite before a price drop to avoid ridiculous spoilers I think. I remember how it was with the first Bioshock, luckily I'd bought on release day and really enjoyed going through it all, so when the twists hit the mainstream I was aware of it. Been looking forward to this for some time so good to know it's worth the hype.

Morning BritGAF, I woke up and can't be bothered to go back to sleep for half an hour.

All of these positive Bioshock Infinite reviews are making me consider getting it, I really feel that the first Bioshock was one of the best games of this generation but Bioshock 2 was a bit of a let down.

Rubbish King

Wow that was horrible, but every time I exercise it becomes easy to breathe,think the illness is pretty much gone now.. just a bit of phlegm left in the pipes that needs to be cleared

but Morning GAF! how is everyone today? Anything exciting planned for this glorious wednesday?

Wow that was horrible, but every time I exercise it becomes easy to breathe,think the illness is pretty much gone now.. just a bit of phlegm left in the pipes that needs to be cleared

but Morning GAF! how is everyone today? Anything exciting planned for this glorious wednesday?

You know, I don't think anything exciting ever happened on a Wednesday.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yes! Finally going to finish off my PFG video this afternoon with our lovely and talented guitarist, just need to edit some new footage in and tighten up some of the visual syncs. Really excited to get it out into the world.

And then I shall rest and play on through MGS1 when I get home. I'm just at the fun torture stage. This game is bizarre, when Otacon said "This is just like one of my Japanese animes!" I bust out laughing so hard. So much cheeeeeeese!

Rubbish King

Battlefield 4 release, if anybody hasnt seen it

I really want to play video games...but bioshock still has me wow'd... Maybe a bit of light gaming like battlefeel or sequence
Well i have guild wars 2 to look forward to tomorrow atleast
it's a hard life innit? :p

6.45 is way too early for anyone to be up in the morning, I count myself among that number too. I get up at 6.50 just to stick it to the man.
I was up at 6:25 ;)
I'm fucking hardcore
And reaaaally tired

You know, I don't think anything exciting ever happened on a Wednesday.
Preposterous, Wednesday is a brilliant day, it's like a mid week break, everybody is chilled because you've still got two more days to finish your work B)

Yes! Finally going to finish off my PFG video this afternoon with our lovely and talented guitarist, just need to edit some new footage in and tighten up some of the visual syncs. Really excited to get it out into the world.

And then I shall rest and play on through MGS1 when I get home. I'm just at the fun torture stage. This game is bizarre, when Otacon said "This is just like one of my Japanese animes!" I bust out laughing so hard. So much cheeeeeeese!
You really must Pm me a rough copy bro! :p I really wanna see it!

Mikeside

Redownloading all my PSN shit on the new PS3 is more ballache than I anticipated.
I'm sure I could have transferred from the old one, but for some reason I decided to go through and do everything from the store.

There's a limit on background downloads you can queue up at once?
C'mon Sony, even you know that's bullshit.

Got GoW:A and MGRising to enjoy once I'm finished with Bioshock.

Dat backlog.

Tash, I get why you're not in the mood to play much after finishing Bioshock - I felt like that after Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Heavy Rain and Beyond Good & Evil - when you finish a game that really clicks with you, it's hard to get enthusiastic about others in your collection for a while.

Rubbish King

BGBW, how much did you pay him?

Tash, I get why you're not in the mood to play much after finishing Bioshock - I felt like that after Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Heavy Rain and Beyond Good & Evil - when you finish a game that really clicks with you, it's hard to get enthusiastic about others in your collection for a while.
IKR
Fucking video games and the emotional rollercoasters that come with them -_-

Preposterous, Wednesday is a brilliant day, it's like a mid week break, everybody is chilled because you've still got two more days to finish your work B)

Well, only one day this week!

And while not exactly exciting, I've just remembered I'm going to a thing tonight where canapés and wine are being served. So I guess I get the excitement that comes with trying to cram enough into my mouth so that I don't have to cook a meal afterwards, while trying not to make it too obvious that that's what I'm doing.

Mikeside

And while not exactly exciting, I've just remembered I'm going to a thing tonight where canapés and wine are being served. So I guess I get the excitement that comes with trying to cram enough into my mouth so that I don't have to cook a meal afterwards, while trying not to make it too obvious that that's what I'm doing.

That's what EVERYONE is doing at those things.
Once you accept that, it's easier to just go for it without fear of judgement.
If you find yourself not being bold enough about it, you've not been enjoying enough of the free wine.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Battlefield 4 release, if anybody hasnt seen it

I really want to play video games...but bioshock still has me wow'd... Maybe a bit of light gaming like battlefeel or sequence
Well i have guild wars 2 to look forward to tomorrow atleast

I was up at 6:25 ;)
I'm fucking hardcore
And reaaaally tired

You really must Pm me a rough copy bro! :p I really wanna see it!

If I could I would but it's currently a private youtube vid and I don't think I can share the link that way. The final version should be up tonight. It's filled with internet shit, you'll love it.

Rubbish King

Just get too pissed to care :D

That or you'll probably end up getting a kebab on the way home
If I could I would but it's currently a private youtube vid and I don't think I can share the link that way. The final version should be up tonight. It's filled with internet shit, you'll love it.

If you PM me the link it might work ^_^

WORTH A SHOT wink wink

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Redownloading all my PSN shit on the new PS3 is more ballache than I anticipated.
I'm sure I could have transferred from the old one, but for some reason I decided to go through and do everything from the store.

There's a limit on background downloads you can queue up at once?
C'mon Sony, even you know that's bullshit.

Got GoW:A and MGRising to enjoy once I'm finished with Bioshock.

Dat backlog.

I know what you mean, what's why mobile games (or *gasp* books n shit) are a good way to vary your intake. tbh I find big games are usually quite a large investment, both of time and brain-space - I def can't really play more than one at a time and I do need a period of decompression after finishing something.

If you find yourself not being bold enough about it, you've not been enjoying enough of the free wine.

I'm always that "oh well, I'm first to the buffet am I?" cunt. Sometimes I feel ashamed. Other times just hungry.

btw, that PS3. I will probably regret this when I'm skint at month's end but... YES, I'll take it off yer hands for you. Should be able to pick up a vga cable kinda cheap, or plug into the telly and tell mrs sniv to shut up her moaning lol.

What should be my first PS3 game guys? I'm eying up the indie games fo sho, Journey is something I've always wanted to play, same as Flower and all the other arty games. How about the biggies? Uncharted I guess would be a no-brainer. I never played Ico or SOTC so I'd like to try them. Heavy Rain maybe. And def continuing my MGS playthrough too, loving these games.

All this is making me think I might have to wait on Bioshock... nah who am I kidding, I'll buy it tomorrow...

noffles

Banned
It's definitely worth it but I think noffles is going to write one of those hyperbolic reviews

This game has struck a terrible chord in my head. I'm sitting here right now wondering how the hell any other game will ever deliver like Infinite did. The narrative, the characters, the world, the horrific yet beautifully executed religious treatment of American history, etc.

As a Literature student, I'm kind of awestruck by it. As a gamer, I'm pissed that it's going to be another 5 and a bit years until Ken Levine makes another game.

I am broken.

(at least tash thought it was cool)

Also, Battlefield 4 looked a bit shit. Civilian just decides to drive his car into an area where a helicopter just toppled a building, so the military dudes go and steal it. The fuck, man.

We want Kojima.

I'd say I'm usually fairly bold, but there's just some unseen force of social guilt that precludes me from overstocking on the 'money' items (say, 4x chicken leg). It's strange as it doesn't really seem to diminish with wine, which I have far fewer issues with ruthlessly imbibing.

Rubbish King

Quality video,Pretty much every game trailer right now
(at least tash thought it was cool)

Also, Battlefield 4 looked a bit shit. Civilian just decides to drive his car into an area where a helicopter just toppled a building, so the military dudes go and steal it. The fuck, man.

We want Kojima.
Fuck yeah man, it was the shit

Also i know what you mean about BF4, but it's quite clear they're trying to improve as my god the BF3 campaign was a load of shite, Im excited for the multiplayer, dreading the extortionate "premium" and already feel the onsetting guilt of supporting EA in there attempt to sell you half a game for double the price

Would've preferred a new Bad company, but I'm okay waiting whilst DICE perfect they're craft
I'd say I'm usually fairly bold, but there's just some unseen force of social guilt that precludes me from overstocking on the 'money' items (say, 4x chicken leg). It's strange as it doesn't really seem to diminish with wine, which I have far fewer issues with ruthlessly imbibing.

Today I learnt a new word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom