• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Thinking of going digital for Luigi's Mansion 2, depending on how much it is and how much Grainger have it for. Would be nice to be able to play it without having to take MonHun out of my 3DS.

edit: also i guess devil survivor overlocked is out this week, so maybe i'll have a nosy for that as well.

Thinking of going digital for Luigi's Mansion 2, depending on how much it is and how much Grainger have it for. Would be nice to be able to play it without having to take MonHun out of my 3DS.

I feel like MonHun makes more sense as a digital download, unless you got it for a steal or something.

MonHun, Animal Crossing and Pokemon, all on one 3DS. Crazy.

Mikeside

I more than can't give a fuck, those people actually anger me. And that 60fps guy as well, what a dick

I have a friend (who GAF stalks me despite not being on GAF, hi Kyle ;P) who gives way too much of a shit about this stuff. Unless its REALLY different between 2 platforms, I generally don't give a crap but I do like buying pc versions for less money and getting to have the prettiest version at the same time!

Salvadora

edit: also i guess devil survivor overlocked is out this week, so maybe i'll have a nosy for that as well.

I wouldn't bother to be honest. Nintendo charges £39.99 most of the time which is just outrageous.

Yea it does, but it's also my entire SD card, so I don't really mind not having it digital.

Ah, good point. I'll probably end up investing in a SDHC card or something when AC and X&Y are both out, I'll gladly pay Nintendo's ridiculous prices just to have them wherever I go.

noffles

Banned
Downloaded Bioshock Infinite on a whim since I had a bit of extra funds on PSN. Tell me it's good BritGAF! :O

This game has struck a terrible chord in my head. I'm sitting here right now wondering how the hell any other game will ever deliver like Infinite did. The narrative, the characters, the world, the horrific yet beautifully executed religious treatment of American history, etc.

As a Literature student, I'm kind of awestruck by it. As a gamer, I'm pissed that it's going to be another 5 and a bit years until Ken Levine makes another game.

I am broken.

It's good.

SKINNER!

Banned
Southampton is... abit different.

jbqFYKB8gOvCjh.png

lDy3Twy.png

What should be my first PS3 game guys? I'm eying up the indie games fo sho, Journey is something I've always wanted to play, same as Flower and all the other arty games. How about the biggies? Uncharted I guess would be a no-brainer. I never played Ico or SOTC so I'd like to try them. Heavy Rain maybe. And def continuing my MGS playthrough too, loving these games.

Uncharted 1, 2, 3
MGS4 (and HD collection if you've not played the others)
LBP2
Killzone 2, 3
Wipeout HD/Fury
Gran Turismo 6
Infamous 1/2

Then I haven't played enough yet, but still generally regarded as good:
Demons Souls
Heavy Rain
Ni No Kuni
God of War Series
Resistance 1+3

Loads more too.

Reknoc

What should be my first PS3 game guys? I'm eying up the indie games fo sho, Journey is something I've always wanted to play, same as Flower and all the other arty games. How about the biggies? Uncharted I guess would be a no-brainer. I never played Ico or SOTC so I'd like to try them. Heavy Rain maybe. And def continuing my MGS playthrough too, loving these games.

NIER
Gundam EXVS
De'mo'n''''' soul's'
The Last Guy
Tokyo Jungle

Just finished the second episode of Game of Thrones, I am literally seething with rage. I seriously hope that the King and Queen's son is skinned alive, such a conniving character. Sansa is no better mind you.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
GmG Are still doing Infinite for £24 so I bit the bullet there. Knew I should've pre-ordered when they were doing assloads of free games with it.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
All video games worth playing have already been released, And for most part you had to be there at the time to enjoy at there fullest.

Shits sad but true

Kentpaul

kent what are you going to do with your s3

That piece of outdated shit is sitting next to me right now yo, I'm bound by contact to sink with this ship.

Captain kent over and out I'm going down chinner the water covers my S3 ruining it

kp you are wrong, man

Lets face it man, the last amazing video game was hotline miami and that played on our retro love

Mikeside

Just finished the second episode of Game of Thrones, I am literally seething with rage. I seriously hope that the King and Queen's son is skinned alive, such a conniving character. Sansa is no better mind you.

Keep us updated, I'm going to really enjoy your reactions :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
If it carries on going the way it's going I'll end up launching my headphones through the TV in anger.

And I though Gaius Baltar in Battlestar Galactica was bad...

IMO it is a harrowing show, especially for a genre show which is usually lighter fare. Everyone's a dick, nobody is safe (see: Bran in the first episode lol). Stick with it but get used to going "awwwwww what the actual fuck?!"

BSG ain't got nothing on the GoT politics.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I erm... wow.

Oh and I admit I did get Luigi's Mansion from GAME. I had some pesky points left over and it wasn't as much online. Oh and free Boo squeezeball.
Looks like you have a not-so-secret admirer
He wants your dick, bro
PC ain't that great bro.
I think a game like Bioshock, with such amazing visuals, is wasted on consoles, maybe I'm wrong, i did watch a few comparison videos and there was a notable difference

SKINNER!

Banned
FUCK THOSE PATHETIC CUNTS. Seriously, I would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than look at one of those dickhead threads filled with pixel counting wankers. Console-warring twats, they are the shit on the shoe of the gaming community. Game's a game, they all look amazing compared to the shit we grew up with. I'm easily impressed :p

True dat bro. Cracked.com summed that BS up very well.

Cracked.com said:
[...]

For instance, at the time of this writing, I have a still-unopened copy of Remedy's Alan Wake, a just-released game I've been anticipating for about five years, which I'm saving for some free weekend. It's an atmospheric horror tale which reviewers assure me is on the cutting edge of non-ridiculous video game storytelling. But I'm browsing around gaming blogs and message boards and I'm getting worried. I see dozens of comments like this:

ihWFAobn4mxJM.jpg

Oh-oh. What's the complaint that has everyone up in arms? Is there a cheap twist at the end? Is the main character two-dimensional? Is there a frustrating minigame where you have to carefully groom Alan's pubic hair?

No. It turns out somebody took a screenshot of the game, zoomed in 500 percent and counted up the pixels to make sure every frame was rendering at the maximum 720p resolution the Xbox 360 is capable of.

iJScXDrZTP2nN.jpg

It turned out some parts of some frames weren't. All hell broke loose. Here are hundreds of posts on the subject at gaming forum NeoGaf. Here are hundreds more at B3D. Here's 2,000 posts on the subject at the Alan Wake site.

On some level we know this is wrong, because we know to hold films to a different standard. We know that advances in CGI couldn't save the Star Wars prequels, and that pretty 3D doesn't make Avatar the best movie of the year. Yet, in the next breath after mocking Avatar fans as slack-jawed yokels easily amused by a cheap technical gimmick, we will fly into a rage if some new game's technical gimmicks aren't up to par.

ibc1xaBAwZIho.jpg

Nothing else matters. Who's that woman Alan is talking to up there? Where are they going? How does it play into the story? What emotions is this scene going to elicit? Tension? Dread? Humor? HOW CAN YOU WORRY ABOUT SUCH THINGS WHEN THE ROLL CAGE ON HIS PICKUP TRUCK ONLY HAS A 19:25 PIXEL RATIO...

Source: http://www.cracked.com/article_18571_5-reasons-its-still-not-cool-to-admit-youre-gamer_p2.html

Hystzen

Thats what is great about the writing and acting you are meant to not like the lil shit, Sansa problem is she has the disney concept in her mind of princesses and princes she has no clue what that life is really like.

Reknoc

PC ain't that great bro.

tumblr_mf4e3vw22q1r25gvuo1_r2_400.gif

Played that with GundamGAF for about 4 hours straight last night. Good times.

What time do GundamGAF tend to play at? Last time I played it online I ended up playing until 6am, can't do that anymore lol.

I think a game like Bioshock, with such amazing visuals, is wasted on consoles, maybe I'm wrong, i did watch a few comparison videos and there was a notable difference

You're already one of those people.

Afternoon, BritGAF. Got up, did two hours project work, then went for a coffee and bought Bioshock Infinite. Three hours in, it's pretty good so far.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Don't worry, I kicked my 360 through a window as soon as I loaded up my first game on Steam with my gaming PC.

I've still got my 360 and ps3 for the last few exclusives to come, the only thing i play on console right now is halo 4...and that's only if jed fancies a few games

IMO it is a harrowing show, especially for a genre show which is usually lighter fare. Everyone's a dick, nobody is safe (see: Bran in the first episode lol). Stick with it but get used to going "awwwwww what the actual fuck?!"

BSG ain't got nothing on the GoT politics.

I agree, it's very harrowing. There are a few light moments however, mainly where the Imp is concerned.

Thats what is great about the writing and acting you are meant to not like the lil shit, Sansa problem is she has the disney concept in her mind of princesses and princes she has no clue what that life is really like.

Yeah I'm really suprised by how good the acting is.

Reknoc

I've still got my 360 and ps3 for the last few exclusives to come, the only thing i play on console right now is halo 4...and that's only if jed fancies a few games

I have my PS3 if I want to play any Japanese game since all they can ever be bothered to release on PC over there are hentai games.

360 is totally worthless to me since I don't like Halo or Forza.

Kentpaul

jed kicked my ass on halo 4 one time. I was pretty drunk though so at least i have an excuse.

no angel

I'm terrible at Halo, up for some games though if any of you ever fancy it. At the very least I'll make you all look good!

What time do GundamGAF tend to play at? Last time I played it online I ended up playing until 6am, can't do that anymore lol.

Haha, don't worry about that. We usually play from around 9PM to whenever. We've had some German folks come in to so games happen during reasonable times. Jump in the irc when you get a chance!

noffles

Banned
Lets face it man, the last amazing video game was hotline miami and that played on our retro love

Nah, man. I'm in the camp that says games are still just as good as they've always been, if not better. It's just about more than how it plays now.

We're in a different period. Hotline Miami was shit hot, but that doesn't mean nothing else is.

Gotta open your eyes to the reality of the situation. Gaming ain't the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom