• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

Wowzas. I seriously wouldn't be able to handle those types of situation. All the luck for the future.

Thanks man

I've ended up with a bit of a reputation in the area, and I'm worried I'm now a big bullseye target for nutters. And sooner or later, it's going to go horribly wrong. I could have killed that guy earlier. I found a load of blood afterwards near the fridges. He was nowhere fucking near them.

Found a media job in the tech field that I'm applying for. I've got a degree in digital media and design, so who knows

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Thanks man

I've ended up with a bit of a reputation in the area, and I'm worried I'm now a big bullseye target for nutters.

Found a media job in the tech field that I'm applying for. I've got a degree in digital media and design, so who knows

Apply for those all around the country, you need to find work in a better place bro, get outta there

Rich!

T I could have killed that guy earlier. I found a load of blood afterwards near the fridges. He was nowhere fucking near them.

This is pretty much the only reason i go to work.

I think it was from the paramedic who treated him, or the police officer. They both had blood over their gloves and must have leant on stuff

fucking rough. Guy probably had some disgusting disease, just going by the state of him.

Jordan

I've moaned about my job before on gaf. Run a small store in a nasty area. Lots of crime. Single cover working. Stressing me out to all hell.

had a shoplifter last night who attacked me after I confronted him. I had already recovered the wine he attempted to steal, and as he went for me, I smashed the bottle into his face. Broke his jaw, apparently.

either way, he was on bail for GBH apparently, so he's locked up now.

this morning I had a mouthy cunt in who started throwing stock off shelves, and kicking my displays over. I fucking lost it. Punched him full strength in the face and knocked him out cold. He must have hurt himself on the floor, because there was blood everywhere. Called the police, they took him away. Got sent home, signed off for two weeks due to stress

I need to sort this shit out. Jobs not for me. At all.

That sucks man, I hope you get somewhere with the digital media career.

Get a job behind a bar, you'll be thrown in the deepend and you might die

but that's okay

We should hang out sometime brah :D, you're not too far from me, also the guildford meet will have to happen some time soon too :D

Definitely Tash, I'm a bit skint at the moment (I have £5 to last me this week) but hopefully after pay day I will be better off financially for a bit (assuming nothing major happens)

Had a few messages from people asking to meet up, so cheers guys :)

Today hasn't started so great, I broke the door lock entering my building at work. My key managed to get stuck inside the lock and wouldn't come out so one of the mechanics had to yank it out with some pliers - I feel really bad because they'll have to replace the lock :/

SKINNER!

Banned
Yeah, that's what my area manager understands. Cool guy, but his hands are tied by head office. No extra hours or security at all - our cctv system broke last year, and they refused to fix it. Eventually I just said fuck it and put in a new set up myself using some old monitors and a few BNC converters I wired up and placed inside.

Sounds to me like you are working for a supermarket chain that are too cheap to protect and care about the safety of their employees. Because of budget cuts, I've heard cases where certain shops would get rid of their CCTV cameras in areas that don't get much crime but your store is clearly in an area that experiences high crime/violence and they refuse to fix the fucking cctv camera?! That makes no sense to me. I hope your digital media exit plan works out before something crazy happens.

Eventually I just said fuck it and put in a new set up myself using some old monitors and a few BNC converters I wired up and placed inside.

and I hope they at least acknowledged you for doing that. I would've just set up a PC webcam for my own safety.

In other news, I really dig that mega man/mickey mouse shirt.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ahhh, half term at work, what chilled out bliss. Started 2 hours late, nobody to give me grief (to be fair I have about 4 days of leiu time I made over the past few weeks), Creedence on the stereo, eating buscuits, making place labels and seating plans. Awww yeah.

Rubbish King

mornin gaf

had a dream that mike got unbanned and we all became best friends with evilore

that was the most normal part of the dream
That sucks man, I hope you get somewhere with the digital media career.

Definitely Tash, I'm a bit skint at the moment (I have £5 to last me this week) but hopefully after pay day I will be better off financially for a bit (assuming nothing major happens)

Had a few messages from people asking to meet up, so cheers guys :)

Today hasn't started so great, I broke the door lock entering my building at work. My key managed to get stuck inside the lock and wouldn't come out so one of the mechanics had to yank it out with some pliers - I feel really bad because they'll have to replace the lock :/
dont feel bad, they must have given you a shit ket, not your fault

Ahhh, half term at work, what chilled out bliss. Started 2 hours late, nobody to give me grief (to be fair I have about 4 days of leiu time I made over the past few weeks), Creedence on the stereo, eating buscuits, making place labels and seating plans. Awww yeah.
lol, wheres your glass of whiskey?

Signing a contract! Got a freelance job and very excited to be getting to work on it. One, it's a job, two, second with this client, and three, it's doing what I love best - radio plus web design. I now just have to make something!

okay guys, lets leave it at that

what's everyone doing today?

Wooooah now, who put you in charge?? We ain't doing nothing wrong :p

Work, food shopping, housework. Almost as exiting a day as Darren.

Eat, Gym, Eat, Work, Eat, Gym, Eat, Work, Home, Eat, Work, Sleep

My amazing days! :)

Oh...and for those who care (all 0 of you) the new skinny puppy album comes out today. Not as good as the old stuff, but has a lot more throw backs then their recent stuff. Solid 4/5.

Enjoying Plasicage the most: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjUHhb22l7o

I tried, I really did, I just couldn't quite get in to them. Still have most of their albums on my itunes though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sure it was windy but at least the sun was out yesterday. Today is bloody miserable. Hoping for a gap in the clouds when I go to get my sandwich otherwise I may have to buy one on the way home.

Darren870

does Mike wipe with his left or right hand

With the three shells of course

3shells.jpg

I tried, I really did, I just couldn't quite get in to them. Still have most of their albums on my itunes though.

I know, its hard if your not a fan of the genre. Props for trying! Give Chainsaw or Dead Lines another listen might change your mind :)

For Others:
Chainsaw - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJngx-X-mTU
Dead Lines - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRgqrLnAT6w

Rubbish King

I love the fact people refer to Britain as an empire, then go on to say how we are bitter about it being 'crumbled' or w/e.....but nobody in GREAT BRITAIN actually does... or even refer to GB as an empire.

It's the most pathetic bullshit I have seen in a while, uneducated cunts who can't construct a worthwhile argument.

I've decided I'm going to start writing Haikus every day. Those of you who follow me on Twitter will be able to read them. Those who don't, why don't you?

@candiceleek

Untrust Us

Neo Member
I love the fact people refer to Britain as an empire, then go on to say how we are bitter about it being 'crumbled' or w/e.....but nobody in GREAT BRITAIN actually does... or even refer to GB as an empire.

It's the most pathetic bullshit I have seen in a while, uneducated cunts who can't construct a worthwhile argument.

Tell us how you really feel.

Sorry, I should introduce myself properly.

Where do you live: Newbury
Where are you from: Slough
University: UCE Birmingham
Favourite Sport: Archery
Political party of choice: Monster Raving Loony Party
Favourite thing on the box: Anything involving David Attenborough
Favourite crisp flavour: Cheese and Onion
Favourite biscuit: Oreo
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Kevin Bacon
Beano or Dandy: Playboy

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

What does Kevin Bacon evolve into? I understand he's the evolved form of Christian Slater but I don't know what's next.

Also, welcome!

Jordan

I'm extremely close to Slough, I occasionally go shopping there... It's gone downhill so much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom