• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

Just had one of the best exams ever. Supposed to be 2 hours, got it done in 50 minutes. I'm actually worried I completely missed something

Suairyu

Banned
Shit. £40 on Amazon. Time to shop around, but I'm not sure where else I realistically expect to get it to me on day one. Online game retailers are dodgy.

edit - oh, the Sess says 17+ hours gameplay. £40 is a fair ask, then.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Shit. £40 on Amazon. Time to shop around, but I'm not sure where else I realistically expect to get it to me on day one. Online game retailers are dodgy.

edit - oh, the Sess says 17+ hours gameplay. £40 is a fair ask, then.
Best one I've found is 35 but think can't link it to you right now

Suairyu

Banned
O WAIT

Just remembered that on the 14th I'm heading to the Lakes to spend some time with my (now finished all her exams!) girl.

No need to day one at all.

I hate to be 'that guy' (even though I seem to do it a lot), but GoT was on two whole days ago. Those watching it should really have seen it by now (especially since it's AWESOME :p). Just because the show is great, doesn't make it exempt from having people talk about it after it airs.

Speaking of, it feels so good to be able to talk freely about what happened in my own house, I've been trying not to spoil Mrs Sniv for three whole years now. Still, out of the two of us, I was the one wet eyed by the end of the episode.

Everyone needs to watch this show NOW!

Two days isn't very long - especially for people with full time jobs.

I avoided the Internet - but I can't really be expected to predict a huge spoilerific article on the third page of a newspaper can I?

8bit

Knows the Score
I've preordered the PSN version of The Last of Us, if I wanted to get it day one here it would cost twice UK retail and Amazon overnights tend to end up costing much the same in the end. I just hope not to fall into some knobend spoiling it so will avoid picking up the Metro.

NinjaBoiX

I've preordered the PSN version of The Last of Us, if I wanted to get it day one here it would cost twice UK retail and Amazon overnights tend to end up costing much the same in the end. I just hope not to fall into some knobend spoiling it so will avoid picking up the Metro.
METRO is dead to me. If I see a pile, I'm burning it.

But yes, TLoU sounds quite incredible. I love the demo. I'm probably going to get it fairly close to launch, might as well vote with my wallet. ND are one of the best devs working today, they deserve every success.

Hystzen

Reviewers really go into full hyperbole mode over Naughty Dog games. It was obvious get 8+ due to it being last major PS3 exclusives from Naughty Dog who are reviewers favorite at moment.

I keep expectations in check it looks damn great but after the 10/10 review for Uncharted 3 which turned out be 5/10 in the end we will wait

Suairyu

Banned
I keep expectations in check it looks damn great but after the 10/10 review for Uncharted 3 which turned out be 5/10 in the end we will wait
Difference is Uncharted 3 always looked like more of the same to me. I was interested, sure, but I wasn't excited.

So, uh, wow....

I think 'The Last Of Us' might be my first day one purchase in over a year.

It definitely appears to be something special- another fantastic swan song for the PS3.
Strange, since it hasn't really been on my radar, but I'll definitely take a look in the next few months.

Reviewers really go into full hyperbole mode over Naughty Dog games. It was obvious get 8+ due to it being last major PS3 exclusives from Naughty Dog who are reviewers favorite at moment.

Take your hyperbole about U3 to the gaming side.

Reknoc

terrible script, pointless characters, pointless middle half IM ON A BOAT MOTHERFUCKER, dull character interaction and laughable ending.

I was disappointed in UC3 before posting on GAF

Yea it was pretty bad, didn't even play as well as the 2nd game.

Hystzen

I didn't have issues with shooting like most people and the fact the game turned into a horde mode I just blanked out as I rushed to end it.

Only Uncharted game I not replayed, I tried other day and could not carry on with it. Think I played U2 more then 4 times never get tired of it

Reknoc

U2 is just a great game. Overall though I'd say Uncharted is not that great of a franchise, out of all 4 (5 including the card game) I only like 1 of them, though I really liked that game.

terrible script, pointless characters, pointless middle half IM ON A BOAT MOTHERFUCKER, dull character interaction and laughable ending.

I was disappointed in UC3 before posting on GAF *hipster mode on*

Game designed around set pieces first, story not as compelling.
Bad pacing and some strange level design.
Online is overly complex- U2 kept it simple and to the point.
The aiming issue, which was addressed.

At worst a 7, personally I'd give it an 8.

Hystzen

The only part I enjoyed was the France section it reminded me of Borneo of UC2 but after that it just shits it self. The set pieces damn weak sauce the main set piece they kept hyping the plane was a blink and miss it moment. UC2 had tons of great sets that still enjoy the tank in tibet still my favorite I still for some reason giggle at the RPG line. I didn't bother with online that much and never had issues with aiming the true issue was bullet sponges and hordes coming in waves from behind you.

Tomb Raider cheated worse in combat if you move back a few steps they would spawn enemies behind you to funnel you back into combat zone plus they can throw fire bombs no matter if they cant see you.

f0rk

I'm selling my Xbox 360, ever since I bought my uber PC I haven't turned it on.

You served me well buddy but compared to my PC you're shit.

:(

What about GTAV? Hopefully it will come to PC eventually though.
My PS3 is basically a GT5 machine but should get some more life out of it between TLoU, GT6 and GTA5 this year. Plus maybe that David Cage one

NinjaBoiX

Up to a point. I never felt as comfortable popping head shots and tracking targets as I did in U2, even post patch. The patch basically minimised the lag, but failed to eradicate the mechanical "H-gate" feeling of the crosshair. U2 felt smooth, gradual, organic with its aiming, U3 felt angular and mechanical.

I'm not sure if I've articulated my point very well, it just didn't feel right. Vanquish, Dead Space, Tomb Raider, those games had sublimely tuned aiming.

Suairyu

Banned
U2 is just a great game. Overall though I'd say Uncharted is not that great of a franchise, out of all 4 (5 including the card game) I only like 1 of them, though I really liked that game.
Agreed.

Uncharted 1 = semi-competent Gears clone with awful 'platforming' and impressive (for the time) production values
Uncharted 2 = a game the expertly blended cover shooting and platforming into a genuinely fresh experience. Production values through the roof and interactive set-pieces (even if smoke and mirrors) peppered throughout were exciting
Uncharted 3 = set-piece city, and just felt 'off' somehow. And very tired. Like they put the B-team on it and said "read the IGN review of Uncharted 2 and make Uncharted 3 based on those specs"

Played the Vita one briefly on a friend's Vita (because who seriously wants to own one of those things themselves?) but it just felt generic at that point.

Reknoc

I stopped caring about my 360 when I got my gaming PC as well. Doesn't have any exclusives I like and anything that comes just consoles will likely be just as good on PS3 (an I prefer trophies to achievements anyway). Guess I'll be a little sad when I miss out on Fable Anniversary but I'm sure I'll manage.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know when the general E3 thread with conference times is going up?

I stopped caring about my 360 when I got my gaming PC as well. Doesn't have any exclusives I like and anything that comes just consoles will likely be just as good on PS3 (an I prefer trophies to achievements anyway). Guess I'll be a little sad when I miss out on Fable Anniversary but I'm sure I'll manage.

I've not gamed on my PS3 since last year, I mainly use it for Blu-Ray.

Reknoc

Agreed.

Uncharted 1 = semi-competent Gears clone with awful 'platforming' and impressive (for the time) production values
Uncharted 2 = a game the expertly blended cover shooting and platforming into a genuinely fresh experience. Production values through the roof and interactive set-pieces (even if smoke and mirrors) peppered throughout were exciting
Uncharted 3 = set-piece city, and just felt 'off' somehow. And very tired. Like they put the B-team on it and said "read the IGN review of Uncharted 2 and make Uncharted 3 based on those specs"

Played the Vita one briefly on a friend's Vita (because who seriously wants to own one of those things themselves?) but it just felt generic at that point.

Golden Abyss had potential, but it was bogged down with too much DS launch era levels of shit.

Up to a point. I never felt as comfortable popping head shots and tracking targets as I did in U2, even post patch. The patch basically minimised the lag, but failed to eradicate the mechanical "H-gate" feeling of the crosshair. U2 felt smooth, gradual, organic with its aiming, U3 felt angular and mechanical.

I'm not sure if I've articulated my point very well, it just didn't feel right. Vanquish, Dead Space, Tomb Raider, those games had sublimely tuned aiming.

The first time I played it through I believed the patch had changed it back to something approaching U2 automatically, and not made it an alternative style. Didn't realise until halfway through, felt pretty stupid for assuming it.

I want to play Vanquish again now since I'm a little more competent with my DS3 these days. So short though! Really needs a next gen sequel.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I have a 60GB 360 that I've be thinking of trading in to CeX but it doesn't smell like sweat, cum or a 40 fag a day habit.

NinjaBoiX

I have a 60GB 360 that I've be thinking of trading in to CeX but it doesn't smell like sweat, cum or a 40 fag a day habit.
CEX often smells like sweat, cum and a 40 fag a day habit.

Edit: LOM, play Vanquish again. In fact, play it twice. It's too much awesome for one run.

nickcv

ok guys today i viewed several apartments.

these two are the ones i like the most, any suggestion?
what do you think about where they are located?

quote this post to see the links

8bit

Knows the Score
Anyone want a Dear Esther steam key? Bought the humble bundle mainly for Proteus & English Country Tune and already have that.

NinjaBoiX

Anyone want a Dear Esther and/or Hotline Miami steam key? Bought the humble bundle mainly for Proteus & English Country Tune and already have those two.
Hotline Miami if you please?

I'll be honest, it is for my pal, if that makes any difference. But he is a gaffer! (freethought). He doesn't really post anymore though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom