• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Gradually getting back to normal life here following the aftermath of the wedding and the robbery (and all the associated ironing/appeasing etc that goes with one or the other of them).

Very strange day in the shop today. Pretty quiet (steady and profitable but quiet) until about four in the afternoon - when it normally goes dead and I can read the paper - but instead I got in rapid succession:

- a gaggle of about 8 14/15 y-o girls from a local school, of the nice-but-noisy kind
- three rather bemused older ladies
- a rastafarian guy who reckons his favourite business model is to sell screws and nails (and only screws and nails)
- a bloke in a pink T-shirt with a (real live) green parrot (I think it was an Amazonian one, but didn't ask) on his right shoulder
- a brownie guide leader (do they still call them Brown Owl?) after beading supplies for 24 brownies
- about three of my regulars who seem to have set their watches wrong
- a dog. Who was very upset and woofy that I was locking up the shop and not letting him in. Upon consulting with his owner I find he came to the shop last week and liked it a lot - he'll be back tomorrow morning.

Might have missed a few out. It was a crazily busy couple of hours. The joy of retail, all in one.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Yeah tell him she's yours hands off

npD74.gif

Wiseblade

- a bloke in a pink T-shirt with a (real live) green parrot (I think it was an Amazonian one, but didn't ask) on his right shoulder

How? I can only assume you were too busy asking the important questions of "Do you always carry a Parrot with you?" "Can it talk?" and "ARE YOU A PIRATE???".

Rubbish King

How old is she though Tash? Is it inappropriate or something? Is the guy a tool?

I'm intrigued, I have an older brother, this protective sibling affection thing is foreign to me.
She's 17 and the man is dumb as a fucking plank, but he seems pretty harmless, Will note I wasn't being serious with the being over-protective but ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE she has depression so I'm a bit more protective of her as a shitty breakup would destroy her right now, even Anti-Ds aint doin' much, so I have had a little chat with mateyboy and he seems okay about my threat of mashing his face in with a brick if he fucks with her head ^_^

Thanks for answering both of my questions so articulately.
NP

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
My sisters aren't allowed to have boyfriends untill I am dead

There's an easy way around this, Tash. Just make sure that the (potential) boyfriends get along with you much better than they do with your sister. That will be an immediate turn-off for both of them.

Probably.

P.S. Perhaps I'm being a touch naive here, but have we acquired a few new members with spelling errors in the last few weeks or so?

Rubbish King

She's probably fucking him right now.
Right, you are deffo noffles' alt
There's an easy way around this, Tash. Just make sure that the (potential) boyfriends get along with you much better than they do with your sister. That will be an immediate turn-off for both of them.

Probably.

P.S. Perhaps I'm being a touch naive here, but have we acquired a few new members with spelling errors in the last few weeks or so?

lol I know this so well, an old school trick indeed ^)^

to your question...... I can't understand what you mean

Hystzen

Best way to get rid of sisters BF

Put on a vest, put on Daft Punk- Game Of love and then stare into his eyes as you mime the words and dance.

boom

Chinner

Banned
i know what you guys mean, i'm quite protective of my copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty© signed by Hideo Kojima.

NinjaBoiX

"game of moans" - stay classy metro
That's never the headline this morning is it? Is this something kind of social experiment or something?

You spoiled one of the biggest TV shows in the country, without warning, and less than 48hrs after the fact, and you think people were simply "moaning"?

Arseholes.

SteveWD40

That's never the headline this morning is it? Is this something kind of social experiment or something?

You spoiled one of the biggest TV shows in the country, without warning, and less than 48hrs after the fact, and you think people were simply "moaning"?

Arseholes.

Their average reader:

"it's all nerds anyway innit, swords and elves and shit, now the footy, that's proper that is, fuck anyone who spoils the result before I catch match of the day, but this is all bollocks lord of the rings shit innit"

Probably.

NinjaBoiX

So, this is where you hide? Hmmmm
Join our brethren. Only if you're British though. We have this one dude Jackben, he's not even British. He's pretty cool though, I think he's funny. But he doesn't belong here.

I'm joking of course.
Their average reader:

Probably.
It appears their editor is of a similar opinion. He made a poor decision, and instead of apologising, he mocks those annoyed by it. What a guy.

SKINNER!

Banned
It was my mum that made me like this. Im protective of all my siblings because of her.

My sister used to hang out with folk at school who would constantly mock her and poke fun at her expense. Thing is, she'd put up with it because she had nobody else to hang with. As much as I was unhappy about this I let it slide because it was her choice to hang out with whoever she wanted to hang out with but there was this one time one of the guys in her group cracked a really vile snarky comment while I was around and I just burst out at him. I'm not usually a guy going out aggravating/starting fights but I couldn't let that one slide.

EDIT: Damn, already mentioned but here's for the folk who haven't seen this morning's Metro.

Obtained from FB feed said:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, I also saw the Metro on the bus this morning. Big banner at the top with the words Game of Moans. HA HA HA. Even worse than Kotaku.

NinjaBoiX

That METRO headline:

"....accused us of giving away the ending..."

No, an accusation would imply a certain degree of ambiguity. We merely pointed out that you did so, there is a distinct difference.

Seriously, what's the deal with this editor?

SteveWD40

Seriously, what's the deal with this editor?

We are all talking about it, people are reading it just to see the drama, Chinner nailed it, fabricated bullshit to stir up shit.

No, but I've heard it's very good. I'll have to check it out as the film didn't give me much hope at all.

Do so, it's cheap, short and covers more than the film did with a hint, a faint glimmer of hope at the end, in some way, perhaps...maybe.

Spoiler alert for those who haven't read the book or seen the film:
I love how the apocalypse is never really explained, in the book he runs a bath because he see's lights in the sky or something, it's not a nuclear war as they would all have radiation. People melted into tarmac at one point suggest some kind of solar event...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom