• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeTim

Hey guys... it's initiation time for me!

Where do you live: Narwich boy!
Where are you from: Surrey.
University: Narrwich
Favourite Sport: Dance. Just to be different!
Political party of choice: It used to be Lib Dems. Used to be. Now it's gotta be the monster raving loony party. Only one that seems to make any sense.
Favourite thing on the box: Definitely Game of Thrones. Breaking Bad running a close second when it's on.
Favourite crisp flavour: S&V
Favourite biscuit: Oooh ginger nut.
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Dragnoite. I don't care for your rules!
Beano or Dandy: Neither! Gimme an anime any day, Fruits basket is my fave. I love sickenly sweet.

Have you looked at the Green Party?

Last General Election I was torn between Labour and Lib Dem (voted Lib Dem in the end), not really thinking there was much of an alternative... since then, I've looked at the Green Party more, and they really seem to have almost every policy I have been looking for.

EDIT: sorry... not the right thing to initially reply with. Welcome to the thread! :)

They don't have to do it that way anymore. That being said, fucking perpetual 18th century STD clinics should be enough motivation to wear a condom and not fuck random pub wenches.

Learning life lessons the hard way.

Yarp, it's just piss and blood test now. Not mixed together, just in case you were wondering. xD

And speaking of STDs...

qzaBZm3.jpg

My derby name's official now! Woot!

Francheska

Neo Member
Have you looked at the Green Party?

Last General Election I was torn between Labour and Lib Dem (voted Lib Dem in the end), not really thinking there was much of an alternative... since then, I've looked at the Green Party more, and they really seem to have almost every policy I have been looking for.

The Green Party I've considered and I think they might be a good alternative for me, but I'm scared that the same problem with the Lib Dems will occur - they haven't had a massive chance at power so they won't know what to do if they get any.

f0rk - Yes, UEA :) You going there / gone there / considering going there?

LukeTim

The Green Party I've considered and I think they might be a good alternative for me, but I'm scared that the same problem with the Lib Dems will occur - they haven't had a massive chance at power so they won't know what to do if they get any.

That's a fair point. I guess I just want someone to provide a genuine alternative, because- despite the fact they are cool people - let's face it the monster raving loony party are never going to get in... Having a cat in your list of past leaders doesn't help your political credibility.

Francheska

Neo Member
That's a fair point. I guess I just want someone to provide a genuine alternative, because- despite the fact they are cool people - let's face it the monster raving loony party are never going to get in... Having a cat in your list of past leaders doesn't help your political credibility.

You say that, but I'd trust a cat to do a good job about as much as most of the politicians in power now! At least the cat would be relatively transparent and only lie about whether or not it had been fed already.

I have cherries native to my town. I planted a perfect Cherry tree but unfortunately it wilted. Next time I get a perfect one I'm gonna plant it and get an orchard going. If you want to trade, here's my FC: 0259-0365-6986

I got a guy for cherries, but here's my FC anyway: 1762 3009 5860.

I'm a wonderful and charming guest.

EQAyl0O.jpg

Wait, never mind.

Suairyu

Banned
Loved Man Of Steel.

Until about 30 minutes in when he puts on the suit.

It then becomes non-stop, constantly-at-11 action that just bored me to tears.

No emotional context to the conflicts. No analysis of Clark as a character past those initial Smallville scenes.

Just BANG CRASH PUNCH PEOPLE IN THE FACE BUILDINGS FALL DOWN YAAAAAAWN

Music was good tho

And Henry Cavill was hot.

That's kinda it.

I say avoid.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Loved Man Of Steel.

Until about 30 minutes in when he puts on the suit.

It then becomes non-stop, constantly-at-11 action that just bored me to tears.

No emotional context to the conflicts. No analysis of Clark as a character past those initial Smallville scenes.

Just BANG CRASH PUNCH PEOPLE IN THE FACE BUILDINGS FALL DOWN YAAAAAAWN

Music was good tho

And Henry Cavill was hot.

That's kinda it.

I say avoid.
bom

Jordan

Raging a little, I agreed to be taxi for my old man who went to see The Who at the O2 Arena tonight... Which is fine, I knew it would be a late one... The show has finished, any normal person would be on the train home by now... no - he is still there drinking... and trains stop running to paddington in an hour... So if he carries on drinking, I have to drive all the fucking way to the O2 - 25 miles there and 25 miles back... and my alarm is set for 5.45 tomorrow morning.

/sadface...

Francheska

Neo Member
Raging a little, I agreed to be taxi for my old man who went to see The Who at the O2 Arena tonight... Which is fine, I knew it would be a late one... The show has finished, any normal person would be on the train home by now... no - he is still there drinking... and trains stop running to paddington in an hour... So if he carries on drinking, I have to drive all the fucking way to the O2 - 25 miles there and 25 miles back... and my alarm is set for 5.45 tomorrow morning.

/sadface...

Tell him if he doesn't make the train you can't come get him?

"junior cull". That's all the message said. I'm expendable it seems.

My housemate freethought PM'ed Mutes, I guess it was a mistake.

I hope it was a mistake....

(I'm a little paranoid now. I'll have to be on my best behaviour.)

Yay, I was worried you'd got perma'd in some post E3 madness.

Been playing through Killzone HD the last few days- it's astonishing to see how much fps' evolved and changed in just the five years until the second installment. At least these days developers have the resources and courtesy to make your squad mates appear to be doing something.

Controls are still horrible however- the aiming is extremely inconsistent, which I remember from the original PS2 version- despite the improvements in this version. The other huge difference is in animation, but also sound. There is virtually no music, and the ambient noise of war is all but none existent, which makes for a surreal experience.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Interesting. On th bright side, you're a member again.
Yarp, it's just piss and blood test now. Not mixed together, just in case you were wondering. xD

And speaking of STDs...

qzaBZm3.jpg

My derby name's official now! Woot!
Nice! So you're STDino of the Rule 34s or the opposite?

Morning, how is everyone today?

It's my first day back at work for ten days and I believe that the hard drive on my PC is on its way out. I've made backups of the most important files and I've contacted the builder, just gotta see what they say.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow. Wonder what caused the mods to decide to cull a bunch of juniors. Guess all the excitement happened on GAF while I spent my weekend in my lovely animal village.

Anywho... Welcome back.

SteveWD40

Is it worth getting into BF3 on PC now? what with BF4 due out this year and it having no offline support, don't want the community to die out as I get into it.

Getting tired of getting bunny hop / drop shot in Blops 2 and I yearn for the more objective based play I had in BC2.

BF3 Premium is currently £25...

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Is it worth getting into BF3 on PC now? what with BF4 due out this year and it having no offline support, don't want the community to die out as I get into it.

Getting tired of getting bunny hop / drop shot in Blops 2 and I yearn for the more objective based play I had in BC2.

BF3 Premium is currently £25...

It might take you a few days to learn the maps and shit but sure.

The game is still very active.

SteveWD40

It might take you a few days to learn the maps and shit but sure.

The game is still very active.

I will get my ass handed to me for a while I'm sure, but I can live with that when it isn't some asshole show-boating his l33t dropshot skillz or his new knife build. Besides, you can be shit and useful in BF just by spotting like a motherfucker and riding shotgun on vehicles.

At least they got rid of Magnum ammo.

Kentpaul

What am I missing out on? I've never felt lacking in 'sensation'.

the soft silky skin of the foreskin makes masturbating and sex so much better. Just imagine if your bare penis was covered in this soft layer of greatness.

Masturbating for us with a foreskin feels better than sex without a foreskin. Having a foreskin is like having a natural flesh light always on you.

Its hard for me to explain. It's like trying to explain sight to a blind person.

NinjaBoiX

So how was Download for the peeps who went? Highlights? Everyone else have a good weekend? (I got loads of boring crap done during my brief sabbatical, it was dull but productive!)

Also, Where is Musha? She hasn't posted in a few days.

Kentpaul

So how was Download for the peeps who went? Highlights? Everyone else have a good weekend? (I got loads of boring crap done during my brief sabbatical, it was dull but productive!)

I can imagine everyone who was there has a bad case of Monday blues with having to return to the normal world and extreme comedowns & hangovers.

Notts lass and I were talking about how we made each other feel yesterday before I left for Sheffield. The relationship is evolving, isn't it? o.o

Nice! So you're STDino of the Rule 34s or the opposite?
Haha, kinda. Our team name is The Inhuman League, name is STDino, and number is rule34. xD

NinjaBoiX

I can imagine everyone who was there has a bad case of Monday blues with having to return to the normal world and extreme comedowns & hangovers.
Those without the foresight to book off the Monday after a music festival deserve a stinking hangover, that's a schoolboy error right there.

Hell, I've already booked the Monday after the July BritGAF meet off, gotta be prepared!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Musha's probably still there, either asleep or packing her shit up. Festivals don't really end till Tuesday do they?

Notts lass and I were talking about how we made each other feel yesterday before I left for Sheffield. The relationship is evolving, isn't it? o.o

Awww, young love :) you go girl

//

Quick bit of promotion while I'm around. If anyone fancies it, my badass band Parachute for Gordo will be playing the Fighting Cocks in Kingston next week on 27/06. Last time we played there were fuck all people there so it would be cool if there are any GAFfers in the area to see y'all. It's fairly close-ish to london so you never know. Debuting two brand new songs too, can you afford NOT to come?!? We're also playing Basingstoke THIS thursday at Sanctuary.

I'm really happy with our new material, it is a nice evolution for us.

NinjaBoiX

Aaaaah, bless ya.

Has she farted in front of you yet?
Haha, that's our David!
Quick bit of promotion while I'm around. If anyone fancies it, my badass band Parachute for Gordo will be playing the Fighting Cocks in Kingston next week on 27/06. Last time we played there were fuck all people there so it would be cool if there are any GAFfers in the area to see y'all. It's fairly close-ish to london so you never know. Debuting two brand new songs too, can you afford NOT to come?!? We're also playing Basingstoke THIS thursday at Sanctuary.

I'm really happy with our new material, it is a nice evolution for us.
I'd definitely come see you guys dude, but London is a bit of a hike for me to go for a few beers and some tunes. Next time you're closer, I'll definitely come and see you guys.

Have you got a link to your new stuff? Soundcloud or whatever?

I'm a little ahead of that, where Ellie's importance is revealed. I'm worried about
Tess' future.

Yeah, that reveal kind of made me wonder where this game is going, and not in a good way...

Hey guys... it's initiation time for me!

Where do you live: Narwich boy!
Where are you from: Surrey.
University: Narrwich
Favourite Sport: Dance. Just to be different!
Political party of choice: It used to be Lib Dems. Used to be. Now it's gotta be the monster raving loony party. Only one that seems to make any sense.
Favourite thing on the box: Definitely Game of Thrones. Breaking Bad running a close second when it's on.
Favourite crisp flavour: S&V
Favourite biscuit: Oooh ginger nut.
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Dragnoite. I don't care for your rules!
Beano or Dandy: Neither! Gimme an anime any day, Fruits basket is my fave. I love sickenly sweet.

Welcome, fellow newbie. What are you studying? I miss university.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Haha, that's our David!

I'd definitely come see you guys dude, but London is a bit of a hike for me to go for a few beers and some tunes. Next time you're closer, I'll definitely come and see you guys.

Have you got a link to your new stuff? Soundcloud or whatever?

No sweat man :) One day we'll venture north of Camden! Maybe not for a little while yet though, nobody knows us further north yet so we'd need to play shows with a guaranteed audience to make it worth our while. I have no idea how we'll do that! Maybe Nottingham one day, I've got mates there.

my soundcloud is sniv2001 and I post practice recordings up there (also currently has a radio interview and song that we did, exclusive quiet version!). All of them are pretty sketchy when they do go up, it's just an iPad in a room recording so it sounds like shite. I can hear it but I don't know if anyone else can make sense of it! Proper recording will get done later in the year. One more song to write to round it out to 5 so we can put out another mini album.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

I think you will find it was also me ;)

but YAAAAAY YOU'R BACK :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom